The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Captain America Sequels (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=441)
-   -   The Falcon: Yay or Nay? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=358421)

Kirk Langstrom 07-04-2011 11:15 PM

The Falcon: Yay or Nay?

How many of you would like to see Sam Wilson, Cap's best friend/confidant/ally, in a future sequel? Could The Falcon work on the big screen?

Vartha 07-05-2011 10:27 AM

Re: The Falcon: Yay or Nay?

I would LOVE to see Sam in a film. Falcon was a fave of mine.

Spider-Fan 07-05-2011 02:22 PM

I would like him, but I can see them maybe saying he is too close to Rhodey to be used.

Vartha 07-05-2011 08:29 PM

I don't see it as that. Yeah sure Falcon has flight tech but to ME he's closer to being like Cage than War machine.

Spider-Fan 07-05-2011 10:44 PM

I mean more in the military, African-American sidekickish hero way he is similar to Rhodey in the IM films.

Kirk Langstrom 07-06-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider-Fan (Post 20791993)
I mean more in the military, African-American sidekickish hero way he is similar to Rhodey in the IM films.

I dont read the Ultimate books, but i've heard in that universe Sam is a SHIELD agent, which if they take that route for a movie sequel might draw comparisons with Rhodes, however, im hoping if they decide to introduce Sam Wilson, they go for the more social/politial aspects that made him somewhat more unique in the 616 universe.

Vartha 07-08-2011 11:00 PM

Heh I had no idea Falcon was in the Ulty-verse.
Still I agree with Cap here, I like the 616 Falcon. I see no reason for every other hero being connected to SHIELD.

BizarroAids 07-09-2011 08:11 PM

He deserves to be in a Cap sequel, aside from Bucky he's Steve's best friend! They are closer than Steve and Tony have ever been. When Falcon gave the speech at Cap's funeral, I had a few tears.

SHIELD could make some wings for Sam and he could be one of their agents, or introduce him in a different way. I for one, would love to see him in a movie.

Spider-Fan 07-10-2011 12:05 AM

Cap does need a new core of people in Cap 2 (since he has to adjust to the modern era). I do think Falcon is one of the best choices for this. I just don't want him to be considered Rhodey-lite. If they use him, and I would love them to, they need to make him stand-out in his own right.

KangConquers 07-11-2011 06:43 PM

Some version of Sam has to appear.

DrCosmic 07-22-2011 04:11 PM

Yeah, he has to be in it. It depends on the story they're telling. A 616ish excriminal could be nice, but they'd have to make up a lot of new story without the Red Skull and Cosmic Cube and such. It really is much easier to have him be a SHIELD agent who uses some wings planned for Captain America to help save the day in the climax. You can add in the ex-criminal as the backstory, or, do like 616, and have SHIELD recall him from his sociopolitical projects back into 'action.' That creates a nice contrast about why we're doing what we're doing and what does the most good between Wilson and Rogers.

RockSP 07-22-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider-Fan (Post 20791993)

But Sam isn't in the military.

DrCosmic 07-24-2011 02:03 PM

^Ult Sam is, and it worked very well. With Cap being in SHIELD, it's a lot harder to "realistically" explain how civillian Sam gets involved in superheroics with Cap.

But I don't think there's any concern with him being more in the military than Captain ... America. He would also be distinct from Rhodey in providing asymmetrical support.

Spider-ManHero12 07-24-2011 04:08 PM

Definitely!

cherokeesam 07-27-2011 11:05 PM

Yeah, gotta have Sam.

marcvader 09-21-2011 10:51 AM

I'd love to see 616 Falcon take up the role of sidekick for the sequel.

Ultra Lantern 09-21-2011 06:02 PM

I want Falcon in a Captain America sequel.

Dark Raven 09-22-2011 06:36 AM

If Falcon appears in a sequel, then I also want to see Modok. Then I hope that Redwing poops on Modok's head beam as a way to disable it, like he did in Superhero Squad. :D

TheVileOne 09-22-2011 09:54 PM

I'd rather Cap movies be mainly about Cap instead of adding another hero into the mix. Maybe a third movie if it gets made.

ChewyPoodoo 10-06-2011 10:12 AM

Yay, says I.

Savage 10-06-2011 03:36 PM

I'm gonna say no on this one unless it's Ultimate Falcon and even then I'm iffy. I really would like Cap's movies to just be Cap as I always felt Falcon was shoehorned into his books. He's less of a sidekick and more of a guest star superhero who just won't leave. It's like putting Spider-man permanently in the Iron Man books. He's not his sidekick but...there he is. Just hanging out.

Hypestyle 10-12-2011 12:13 PM

Only if the character is treated with equal respect and a love interest of his own. Just for the sake of saving some money, I say wait until Cap 3, then they can have a spinoff Falcon film..

-- and ignore the pimp retcon---

WhiteScorpio 01-24-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage (Post 21600639)
more of a guest star superhero who just won't leave.

Yeah, I never liked him too.

DrCosmic 01-25-2012 09:17 AM

Are you guys serious!? He leaves all the time. He's not in the book now, for instance.

I love me some Falcon, and I really like the friendship between he and Cap.

Optimus_Prime_ 01-26-2012 08:32 PM

Big Yay.