The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Captain America: The First Avenger (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=439)
-   -   The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=360189)

Thread Manager 07-21-2011 05:35 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 1
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 07-21-2011 05:35 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Marvel 07-21-2011 05:35 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 1
 
To take a break from all the critic numbers BS and before everyone sees it and figures out for themselves if they like it or not just a pic that made me smile...
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4641292_n.jpg
Stan at the red carpet premiere. I love that guy!

Bubonic 07-21-2011 05:35 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmc (Post 20964137)
Some of you still think there's conspiracy now?

Yes, so
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2...1286864209.jpg

Kalonthar 07-21-2011 05:37 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvel (Post 20964237)
To take a break from all the critic numbers BS and before everyone sees it and figures out for themselves if they like it or not just a pic that made me smile...
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4641292_n.jpg
Stan at the red carpet premiere. I love that guy!

Well, he is Stan "The Man". I believe Mallrats said it best.

Brodie
: You've probably had a slew of women since her, am I right?
Stan Lee: Oh, lots of women. Jagger and me, we had a running contest to see who had the most. In fact, last time I checked I was way ahead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam_H (Post 20964069)
I see the conspiracy theories have finally been put to rest.

Well, I like to think that there is only 1 huge outcry by all the fanbases at one given time. It was the Cap fans' turn with conspiracy theories, now it's moved on to another fanbase to take up the mantle of outcry (that would be the Mortal Kombat fans with the news of Freddy Krueger as the recent games new dlc).

Anyway, I'm also in the boat of "as long as it's above 70%." I think that's just fine.

Liam_H 07-21-2011 05:39 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by S.A.A.D (Post 20944491)
I'm awaiting the arrival of Armond White's review.

Don't feed the troll. He literally makes the review more scathing the more people anticipate it.

Bubonic 07-21-2011 05:39 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
Just going to repost this positive French-Canadian review to cement the fact that the world loves Captain America!

http://www.cinoche.com/films/capitai...ues/index.html

MahvelBaby! 07-21-2011 05:39 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
Yaaaay we did it! 71% suck it Godb***!!!! :p

craigdbfan 07-21-2011 05:40 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
I find it funnier that people are labeling loophole corporate sabotaging (as minor as it was in this case) as a conspiracy. :funny:

It's naive thinking competing giant companies don't try one upping each other through somewhat shady acts ranging from minor, mild, to severe.

JeetKuneDo 07-21-2011 05:42 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
I don't think some were paying attention to what was going on if they think the rating finally rising "puts it to rest".

It was about putting out early bad reviews, being extremely slow to post positive ones, mislabeling some reviews as rotten, and then rushing to tweet about it. Get the negative word out and it never fully goes away.

Jennn 07-21-2011 05:43 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
I'm loving the consistent high praise Evans is getting for his take on Cap. Even from some of the negative reviews! Things like plot, dialogue, tone, etc. can be changed/improved in a sequel (knock on wood) but if the casting had failed... it would have put a pail not only on this movie but on The Avengers as well. Marvel has made some really excellent casting decisions.

Cap also has an 80% with the top critics on RT right now.

JeetKuneDo 07-21-2011 05:43 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by craigdbfan (Post 20964307)
I find it funnier that people are labeling loophole corporate sabotaging (as minor as it was in this case) as a conspiracy. :funny:

It's naive thinking competing giant companies don't try one upping each other through somewhat shady acts ranging from minor, mild, to severe.

The word "conspiracy" actually came from those claiming nothing unsavory was going on. It's kinda disingenuous to take the word brought into the conversation by defenders of RT and then pretend it was put into play by the skeptics.

Kalonthar 07-21-2011 05:44 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
Be interesting to see where it ends up. Hard to believe there's still about 200 reviews to be posted (if we go by the review tally of Thor and Iron Man 2).

D4rkShaDoWz 07-21-2011 05:46 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennn (Post 20964347)
I'm loving the consistent high praise Evans is getting for his take on Cap. Even from some of the negative reviews! Things like plot, dialogue, tone, etc. can be changed/improved in a sequel (knock on wood) but if the casting had failed... it would have put a pail not only on this movie but on The Avengers as well. Marvel has made some really excellent casting decisions.

Cap also has an 80% with the top critics on RT right now.

Really? For me, it still say 75%

craigdbfan 07-21-2011 05:46 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo (Post 20964325)
I don't think some were paying attention to what was going on if they think the rating finally rising "puts it to rest".

It was about putting out early bad reviews, being extremely slow to post positive ones, mislabeling some reviews as rotten, and then rushing to tweet about it. Get the negative word out and it never fully goes away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo (Post 20964351)
The word "conspiracy" actually came from those claiming nothing unsavory was going on. It's kinda disingenuous to take the word brought into the conversation by defenders of RT and then pretend it was put into play by the skeptics.

Very well said. :up:

Jennn 07-21-2011 05:50 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by D4rkShaDoWz (Post 20964385)
Really? For me, it still say 75%

16 positive reviews out of 20 top critic reviews puts it at 80%.

EDIT - oh they have it 15 positives. my mistake.

warcam 07-21-2011 05:52 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennn (Post 20964435)
16 positive reviews out of 20 top critic reviews puts it at 80%.

I'm only seeing 15 out of 20.

EDIT - nevermind.

Surfer 07-21-2011 05:58 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo (Post 20964325)
I don't think some were paying attention to what was going on if they think the rating finally rising "puts it to rest".

It was about putting out early bad reviews, being extremely slow to post positive ones, mislabeling some reviews as rotten, and then rushing to tweet about it. Get the negative word out and it never fully goes away.

Exactly right! Looking back it also makes me wonder if they had a hand in stopping the Captain America trailer from being shown with so many of their Harry Potter screenings. I didn't get one with mine and I talked to a lot of people who did not either. Those 2 things (no advertising and bad word of mouth) could definitely take sales away from Cap. and to them it is all about the money. Nothing illegal mind you, but still very unethical.

Surfer

Flint Marko 07-21-2011 06:00 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by craigdbfan (Post 20964307)
I find it funnier that people are labeling loophole corporate sabotaging (as minor as it was in this case) as a conspiracy. :funny:

It's naive thinking competing giant companies don't try one upping each other through somewhat shady acts ranging from minor, mild, to severe.

Exactly what I've been saying this whole time.
It's perfectly logical that WB is doing this on purpose. Doesn't make me an 'insecure fanboy', or a 'conspiracy theorist' as I've been called.

Bubonic 07-21-2011 06:04 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
Similar thread updated last at around 4pm EST.
http://forums.comicbookresources.com...6#post13447966

Surfer 07-21-2011 06:12 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubonic (Post 20964643)
Similar thread updated last at around 4pm EST.
http://forums.comicbookresources.com...6#post13447966

It's funny how Rotten Tomatoes not only found all 15 of the negative reviews, but actually 2 more. While the positive reviews they are missing about 20 of them. Despite the fact that things are going up on Rotten Tomatoes it still seems very disproportionate the way they are pulling in the reviews. So, do I still think Warner Brothers is trying to sway things to their advantage absolutely. They are just trying to make it seem not quite so obvious.

Surfer

Liam_H 07-21-2011 06:14 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo (Post 20964351)
The word "conspiracy" actually came from those claiming nothing unsavory was going on. It's kinda disingenuous to take the word brought into the conversation by defenders of RT and then pretend it was put into play by the skeptics.

Alright than the word shenanigans might be more appropriate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfer (Post 20964545)
Exactly right! Looking back it also makes me wonder if they had a hand in stopping the Captain America trailer from being shown with so many of their Harry Potter screenings. I didn't get one with mine and I talked to a lot of people who did not either. Those 2 things (no advertising and bad word of mouth) could definitely take sales away from Cap. and to them it is all about the money. Nothing illegal mind you, but still very unethical.

Surfer

Nothing unethical about it at all, WB just wanted to show their big movies coming out because they knew Potter would draw the big crowds. Besides its not like they didn't show Cap trailer at all they just wanted more press for Happy Feet 2. Also the theater itself, I'm pretty sure has a say in it because that's their revenue right there.

D4rkShaDoWz 07-21-2011 06:15 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubonic (Post 20964643)
Similar thread updated last at around 4pm EST.
http://forums.comicbookresources.com...6#post13447966

The only question is, will these critics submit their reviews to RT?

Spider-Fan 07-21-2011 06:27 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
We've eclipsed 70%, and I don't see it going down. I only see it going up :cap:

Bubonic 07-21-2011 06:28 PM

Re: The Official Captain America Critic's Review Thread - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by D4rkShaDoWz (Post 20964789)
The only question is, will these critics submit their reviews to RT?

If they want exposure it be a good idea.
And what's the point of being a critic if no one reads your reviews?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.