The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Captain America: The First Avenger (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=439)
-   -   The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=360621)

Thread Manager 07-25-2011 10:58 PM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread!
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Spider-Fan 07-25-2011 10:58 PM

The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread!
 
THIS THREAD WILL BE UNLOCKED A FEW DAYS PRIOR TO CAPTAIN AMERICA'S RELEASE!!!

So, what did you guys think? There will be a non-discussion thread for 1-10 scoring, but here...discuss thoughts on the film itself!

Don't forget to rate the movie here:

http://forums.superherohype.com/poll...s&pollid=24507

Crimson King 07-25-2011 10:58 PM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread!
 
Damn you thread manager!!! :argh:

Thor_Odinson 07-25-2011 11:01 PM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
I just got back from seeing the film. I really enjoyed it. :yay:

Spider-Fan 07-25-2011 11:02 PM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
The Red Skull used the cosmic cube on the last thread :csad:

StarkTheProdigy 07-26-2011 02:43 AM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
After seeing my second showing of it, I enjoyed it much more.

7/10 to 8/10

Superman 07-26-2011 03:08 AM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
I saw it lastnight and I must say I liked it. One of the better comic book movies to come out this year. The acting, story and FXs was all good. All N all I'd give it a 9 out of 10. :up: :)

The Caped Knight 07-26-2011 07:30 AM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider-Fan (Post 21007317)
The Red Skull used the cosmic cube on the last thread :csad:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1...kull_large.jpg
http://wegotnothing.files.wordpress....pg?w=604&h=416
lol:woot:

bell110 07-26-2011 07:30 AM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
I liked it. Some things to nitpick about. I don't feel Captain America defeated Red Skull, he defeated himself. And what happend to him? Did he die or get sent into space? Or Asgard maybe? I guess the left it open on purpose. Some of the action looked more like a video game cut scene. And the ended fell flat. "I was promised a dance" - End. The movie literally just stops. While the romance felt more rushed than even Thor, it had more emotion as Cap was crashing. I really felt sorry for them. I still feel I liked Thor and First Class more. Let's hope the don't mess up Avengers.

blah 07-26-2011 08:23 AM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
Now that I think about it, do you think that the element that Tony created in IM2 was an artificial Cosmic Cube? His dad was last seen in Captain America finding the Cube. I'm guessing that he spent his life studying it, failing to replicate its power, only to entrust his son to finding the solution with the clues he left for him.

marcvader 07-26-2011 08:27 AM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bell110 (Post 21009397)
I liked it. Some things to nitpick about. I don't feel Captain America defeated Red Skull, he defeated himself. And what happend to him? Did he die or get sent into space? Or Asgard maybe? I guess the left it open on purpose. Some of the action looked more like a video game cut scene. And the ended fell flat. "I was promised a dance" - End. The movie literally just stops. While the romance felt more rushed than even Thor, it had more emotion as Cap was crashing. I really felt sorry for them. I still feel I liked Thor and First Class more. Let's hope the don't mess up Avengers.

What do you mean the romance felt more rushed than Thor? They knew each other for 2 to 3 years.

bell110 07-26-2011 08:50 AM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marcvader (Post 21009673)
What do you mean the romance felt more rushed than Thor? They knew each other for 2 to 3 years.

I don't remember them saying how long they knew each other. They met for a little bit, they parted ways for how ever long Cap was doing those tours, then they met up again towards the end.

Son of Coul 07-26-2011 03:10 PM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blah (Post 21009661)
Now that I think about it, do you think that the element that Tony created in IM2 was an artificial Cosmic Cube? His dad was last seen in Captain America finding the Cube. I'm guessing that he spent his life studying it, failing to replicate its power, only to entrust his son to finding the solution with the clues he left for him.

There's another guy on CBM (unless you're him hehe) that speculates the same thing. I think that would be crazy awesome if true, talk about fridge brilliance.

kedrell 07-26-2011 03:13 PM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
When she met him again during his USO tour to the end of the movie covers something like the last 2-3 years of the war. It's done in montage but that's happening over years.

Infinity9999x 07-26-2011 03:13 PM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
Speaking of the Starks...I've been thinking.

How friggin old was Tony's Dad when Tony was born? Stark looked...maybe 21 at the youngest (and that's pushing it. I figured him to be at least 25). Tony's 45 at the most. If Cap went down at the end of the war...Stark Sr. must have still been at least around 50 when Tony was born.

Sounds to me like baby Tony was an "oops" baby.

Crimson King 07-26-2011 03:14 PM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinity9999x (Post 21012815)
Speaking of the Starks...I've been thinking.

How friggin old was Tony's Dad when Tony was born? Stark looked...maybe 21 at the youngest (and that's pushing it. I figured him to be at least 25). Tony's 45 at the most. If Cap went down at the end of the war...Stark Sr. must have still been at least around 50 when Tony was born.

Sounds to me like baby Tony was an "oops" baby.

Or Stark pulled a Larry King

Spider-Fan 07-26-2011 03:14 PM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
Howard had some grey hair in that film during IM2, LOL!!!

Infinity9999x 07-26-2011 03:15 PM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingmatte (Post 21012821)
Or Stark pulled a Larry King

That also seems like a very real possibility.

Infinity9999x 07-26-2011 03:16 PM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider-Fan (Post 21012827)
Howard had some grey hair in that film during IM2, LOL!!!

Old man Stark was one potent dude apparently. Baby-making till the end.:woot:

Spider-Fan 07-26-2011 03:17 PM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinity9999x (Post 21012849)
Old man Stark was one potent dude apparently. Baby-making till the end.:woot:

Like the saying goes, like father like son :oldrazz:

kedrell 07-26-2011 03:18 PM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
Howard is in his mid twenties in this film. Probably had Tony when he was in his mid-late 50's.

Rock Sexton 07-26-2011 04:23 PM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
I have now watched this thing for the 6th time.

It's so nice to have this stable of Marvel films that I could watch endlessly ..... i.e. TIH, Thor, and Cap

Marvin 07-26-2011 04:39 PM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
6 times really?
regular 2D, matinee?

Avenger 07-26-2011 04:40 PM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinity9999x (Post 21012815)
Speaking of the Starks...I've been thinking.

How friggin old was Tony's Dad when Tony was born? Stark looked...maybe 21 at the youngest (and that's pushing it. I figured him to be at least 25). Tony's 45 at the most. If Cap went down at the end of the war...Stark Sr. must have still been at least around 50 when Tony was born.

Sounds to me like baby Tony was an "oops" baby.

I got the sense that Howard Stark was pretty much a wunderkind, like Tony, and flew right through school like his son later would. He had a real carefree, playboy vibe about him in TFA, which leads me to believe he was a twentysomething. I'm going to guess maybe 25 at the most. Do we know anything about Howard Stark's father? Maybe the Starks were already rich, so Howard didn't have to worry about building a fortune--he already had one, he just multiplied it by a huge number.

Anyway, if he's, say, 25 at the end of TFA, and Tony is around 40 in IM1/IM2 (my own supposition), that means Tony would have been born in or around 1968, which would have made Howard around 48 by the time Tony was born. That's not outside the realm of possibility; Howard certainly sounds like the type who would have been completely focused on his inventions and his business, and probably hadn't planned on having any children. Much like Tony, actually: at the age of 40 he was still single and childless, and in IM1 he didn't seem too interested in doing anything to change that.

Howard also appeared to be in his early-to-mid 50s during the first Stark Expo in 1974, so maybe Howard was born in 1920.

Rock Sexton 07-26-2011 04:42 PM

Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin (Post 21013583)
6 times really?
regular 2D, matinee?

Two times matinee .... the rest I'm sure you can figure out for yourself. :awesome:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.