The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men 1, 2 & 3 (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=466)
-   -   Storm Thread (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=360993)

Chris Wallace 07-28-2011 06:00 PM

Storm Thread
 
Seems we had one awhile back and it got shut down due to a post count of over 600. Let's get it started.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...storm_1024.jpg

Chris Wallace 07-28-2011 07:00 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ormHalle13.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ormHalle12.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ormHalle11.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...tormHalle9.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...tormHalle5.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...tormHalle4.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...tormHalle3.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...tormHalle2.jpg

Chris Wallace 07-28-2011 07:01 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...tormHalle1.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...erry-storm.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2..._x_men_001.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...on01gretd7.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ther/ss2-1.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...er/storm_2.jpg

Nell2ThaIzzay 07-28-2011 07:56 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
Storm: Great comic book character. Not done so great in the movies.

Chris Wallace 07-28-2011 08:35 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
I would agree with that. I have always loved her as a character but she wasn't truly done justice onscreen. But Halle wasn't completely terrible.

Nell2ThaIzzay 07-28-2011 08:57 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Wallace (Post 21032873)
I would agree with that. I have always loved her as a character but she wasn't truly done justice onscreen. But Halle wasn't completely terrible.

She wasn't right for the role, but the character was never written well either. The character was done wrong in all aspects. It's a shame, because she's a truly great character in the comics, but in the movies they made her a completely toned down, 180 degrees of what her character is supposed to be.

Chris Wallace 07-28-2011 09:01 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
Most people seem more concerned about Cyclops getting short-changed. But I'm a big Storm fan and always have been. I would rather have her than Wolverine come for me in a jam any day of the week.

Nell2ThaIzzay 07-28-2011 09:06 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Wallace (Post 21033155)
Most people seem more concerned about Cyclops getting short-changed. But I'm a big Storm fan and always have been. I would rather have her than Wolverine come for me in a jam any day of the week.

Cyclops got screwed over with quantity of screentime, not quality of screentime. Despite not having a premiere role, Cyclops was portrayed very well, very accurately.

Storm had quantity of screentime, but it wasn't quality. At least not in terms of being a faithful adaptation of the character.

I like Cyclops better than Storm, but other than Cyclops dying in X-Men: The Last Stand, I don't have any concerns with his portrayal.

Chris Wallace 07-28-2011 09:14 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
His only real badass moment was the prison scene in X2.

henzINNIT 07-29-2011 04:49 AM

Re: Storm Thread
 
I've grown to like Halle Berry's Storm over the years although she does seem to drop at least one terrible line per movie.

She doesn't resemble her comic counterpart too well, but I feel that despite her real life age Berry has always given Storm a quite youthful character. If X4 materialises I would like to see Storm brought more in line with the comic with a bit more wisdom and authority.

Nell2ThaIzzay 07-29-2011 12:56 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Wallace (Post 21033305)
His only real badass moment was the prison scene in X2.

Maybe so, but his character moments with Xavier in X-Men, during Jean's sacrifice in X2, and even his struggle with Jean still haunting his mind, and leaving the team in X-Men: The Last Stand are all pretty good moments reminiscent of the comics and cartoons.

Also, he got a badass moment in X-Men Origins: Wolverine as well, taking out the soldiers in Stryker's base.

Thebumwhowalks 07-29-2011 06:19 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Wallace (Post 21033155)
But I'm a big Storm fan and always have been. I would rather have her than Wolverine come for me in a jam any day of the week.

I much prefer the idea of Storm covered in jam as well.

On that kind of completely shallow note, I have always found HB's Storm the most attractive onscreen superhero, and I also think that Storm as drawn by John Byrne is by far the most attractive superhero in comicbooks ever.

I was just re-reading some of my X-Men comics today, the first American edition of an Uncanny X-Men comic I ever bought was the 1st part of the Arcade story, and it has the very sexy scene of Storm coming out of the shower in her bathrobe.
Now, I recall an article on comicbookresources that showed how John Byrne had actually drawn her in the nude for that scene, ie you could see right though the top half of the bathrobe, and it showed this panel on the article, but I don't know where this was reprinted, this does not show up in the Essential collection, and it is not noticable in the original comic book.
So, if someone could point out where that nude-y version was printed I would be obliged. For achival purposes.

I have always liked her a lot, very grand, takes no bs from anyone, and is one of the few deadly serious characters in cb's who could change to a mohican punk haircut and get away with it, as you know she means it, it's not just some fashion thing, she is a punk and takes no sh** from anyone, Prof X, Magneto, Wolverine, all those big bossy boots guys who needed a slap every now and again.

Even though you didn't get all the faceats of her character on display, I still liked the character in the films. People rag on HB's performance, but the character has to be there in the writing, and because it is an ensemble, you are not always going to get as much of the character represented onscreen as you would like to see. Like, it may not serve the story to suddenly have Storm chewing out Wolverine or Prof X, just for the sake of having a full on Storm with attitude scene from the books.
What I liked about the characteriusation in the movies was that she had a lot of empathy, a very caring attitude. they did try to bring some of the attitude into the second and third movies, but again, it being an ensemble, I don't think they had enough time, or appropriate situations in the plot, to do the character justice.

Chris Wallace 07-29-2011 09:28 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thebumwhowalks (Post 21039433)
I much prefer the idea of Storm covered in jam as well.

On that kind of completely shallow note, I have always found HB's Storm the most attractive onscreen superhero, and I also think that Storm as drawn by John Byrne is by far the most attractive superhero in comicbooks ever.

I was just re-reading some of my X-Men comics today, the first American edition of an Uncanny X-Men comic I ever bought was the 1st part of the Arcade story, and it has the very sexy scene of Storm coming out of the shower in her bathrobe.
Now, I recall an article on comicbookresources that showed how John Byrne had actually drawn her in the nude for that scene, ie you could see right though the top half of the bathrobe, and it showed this panel on the article, but I don't know where this was reprinted, this does not show up in the Essential collection, and it is not noticable in the original comic book.
So, if someone could point out where that nude-y version was printed I would be obliged. For achival purposes.

I have always liked her a lot, very grand, takes no bs from anyone, and is one of the few deadly serious characters in cb's who could change to a mohican punk haircut and get away with it, as you know she means it, it's not just some fashion thing, she is a punk and takes no sh** from anyone, Prof X, Magneto, Wolverine, all those big bossy boots guys who needed a slap every now and again.

Even though you didn't get all the faceats of her character on display, I still liked the character in the films. People rag on HB's performance, but the character has to be there in the writing, and because it is an ensemble, you are not always going to get as much of the character represented onscreen as you would like to see. Like, it may not serve the story to suddenly have Storm chewing out Wolverine or Prof X, just for the sake of having a full on Storm with attitude scene from the books.
What I liked about the characteriusation in the movies was that she had a lot of empathy, a very caring attitude. they did try to bring some of the attitude into the second and third movies, but again, it being an ensemble, I don't think they had enough time, or appropriate situations in the plot, to do the character justice.

I would agree with these points.

Chris Wallace 07-30-2011 03:44 AM

Re: Storm Thread
 
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...torm-2_s-1.jpg

psylockolussus 07-30-2011 05:26 AM

Re: Storm Thread
 
Wow lots of pictures that I haven't seen before!!!

Storm for X4!!!

josee 07-30-2011 05:13 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...men/i699qk.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...udio008zw6.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...udio002zg4.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...udio001mg6.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...26229083gt.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...ters012yz4.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...udio004mb8.jpg

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/401...wpromo6wa2.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...ovies20fr0.jpg

http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/6779/x3022fe4.jpg

josee 07-30-2011 05:22 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
http://a.imagehost.org/0371/vlcsnap-848809.png

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...X300_079wm.jpg

Chris Wallace 08-01-2011 03:30 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
She definitely had better combat moves in 3.

insane polaris 08-01-2011 04:28 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
But better hair in X1. They should have kept her hair long for the sequels, it looked great when she summoned the winds.

Chris Wallace 08-01-2011 04:51 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
I wouldn't have minded it being a bit longer.

psylockolussus 08-04-2011 08:29 AM

Re: Storm Thread
 
Storm should have a wavey long hair in X4!

Chris Wallace 08-04-2011 07:27 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay (Post 21037175)
Maybe so, but his character moments with Xavier in X-Men, during Jean's sacrifice in X2, and even his struggle with Jean still haunting his mind, and leaving the team in X-Men: The Last Stand are all pretty good moments reminiscent of the comics and cartoons.

Also, he got a badass moment in X-Men Origins: Wolverine as well, taking out the soldiers in Stryker's base.

I guess that's true. But he took folks down in the prison with his hands; it's rare you see a superhero take down an opponent in a movie without using his/her powers.

Montecristo 08-06-2011 12:42 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
I just like how she had an accent in X1, but it was so obscure and badly done that they ditched it in the sequels.

Also IMO they should have gotten rid of the cape. If they got rid of Wolverine's yellow spandex, why keep the cape? All that does is beg the question of why her X-Men uniform is so radically different from the other uniforms which are more or less the same.

BMM 08-06-2011 02:56 PM

Re: Storm Thread
 
I think getting rid of the cape would be a big mistake.

merbass 08-07-2011 12:33 AM

Re: Storm Thread
 
Is she waiting for a customer in the last picture ?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.