The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Captain America: The First Avenger (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=439)
-   -   Captain America: News and Speculation XII (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=361509)

Thread Manager 08-03-2011 05:43 PM

Captain America: News and Speculation XII

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 08-03-2011 05:43 PM

Captain America: News and Speculation XI

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

truth 08-03-2011 05:43 PM

Re: Captain America: News and Speculation XI

For me, it ends with those kids. The other stuff after that doesn't register with me

Mysteryman 08-03-2011 09:20 PM

Re: Captain America: News and Speculation XI - Part 10

The ending really registered for me .
Steve's sense of loss and lonliness really got to me.

Dr. Sid Jawtug 08-08-2011 02:47 PM

Re: Captain America: News and Speculation XII

Rumor has it a sequel is scheduled for 2014? Can anyone confirm this?

The Infernal 08-08-2011 03:09 PM

Apparently there are a couple of Marvel movies being released in 2014, but neither have been named and there are quite a few possibilities and that's just counting sequels alone.

Spider-Fan 08-08-2011 04:54 PM

Disney announced release dates for 2 unnamed Marvel films. I would assume Captain America 2 would be one of them. I am personally hoping for the May spot in 2014.

Hurm... 08-08-2011 05:29 PM

I agree. If Marvel lets it start off the summer and really push the marketing this time, there will be better numbers.

Crimson King 08-08-2011 07:26 PM

That's only two weeks after Spidey's sequel. I'd rather see them go for July 4th, but I'd settle for the June date.

steintym 08-08-2011 08:17 PM

I would expect one of those 2014 movies to be Cap 2. Can't wait for the names to be released.

Wolvieboy17 08-08-2011 08:29 PM

No, May 16th is perfect! That's my birthday :P

I'd love Cap 2, but I'm kinda thinking it's going to be Dr Strange and Ant Man.

Spider-Fan 08-08-2011 08:33 PM

Marvel already said they want to pair new franchises with sequels. Plus, that would mean Cap won't get a sequel til 4 years after the first movie. I don't think they'd delay Cap 2 that long. This would already be a 3 year wait for Cap 2 in 2014. Plus, Cap 2 in 2015 means Avengers 2 no sooner than 2016 likely. I don't see Marvel waiting that long.

Spider-Vader 08-08-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider-Fan (Post 21149895)
Disney announced release dates for 2 unnamed Marvel films. I would assume Captain America 2 would be one of them. I am personally hoping for the May spot in 2014.

Since Sony jumped the gun & took the beginning of summer spot, I think Cap 2 should grab the memorial day spot real quick. Though, this has happened before with Spider-Man 4 & Thor...look at how that turned out.

Spider-Fan 08-08-2011 08:38 PM

Well, Cap 2 can always move up to opening weekend of May is ASM2 doesn't happen. I want Cap to get the May date, but in both of these cases, Cap is close to a Holiday weekend, which would boost its BO in weekend 2.

Wolvieboy17 08-08-2011 08:47 PM

Well, in knowing Strange is getting made, where the hell is Ant Man meant to fit in? I think it really should have been the same year as Avengers. Since Edgar Wright is doing it as a comedy, it would have been a nice, lower budget, different genre movie to compliment the big budget extravaganza of Avengers. I mean, as far as I know, Ant Man is Edgar Wrights next project, right? So if he doesn't do it soon, that would be like 4 years without a project. What is going on?

Spider-Fan 08-08-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 (Post 21152277)
Well, in knowing Strange is getting made, where the hell is Ant Man meant to fit in? I think it really should have been the same year as Avengers. Since Edgar Wright is doing it as a comedy, it would have been a nice, lower budget, different genre movie to compliment the big budget extravaganza of Avengers. I mean, as far as I know, Ant Man is Edgar Wrights next project, right? So if he doesn't do it soon, that would be like 4 years without a project. What is going on?

I think Ant-Man won't be a summer release, myself.

steintym 08-08-2011 08:49 PM

Getting a holiday weekend for Cap would be huge, especially if there's any momentum from The Avengers. Could be a huge boost to the movie's BO.

Wolvieboy17 08-08-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider-Fan
I think Ant-Man won't be a summer release, myself.

So when would you see it getting released?

Quasimod0 08-08-2011 08:58 PM

They really need to make more than 2 per year. They still have to pump out luke cage, black panther, antman, dr strange, iron fist, cap 2 and 3, thor 2 and 3. thats alot of movies

Spider-Fan 08-08-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 (Post 21152401)
So when would you see it getting released?

I think Winter would be best.

Wolvieboy17 08-08-2011 09:11 PM

Well I've been expecting for a while that at some point they'd have to step it up to 3 movies a year. I wouldn't be surprised if we got that as an announcement post Avengers.

Wolvieboy17 08-08-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider-Fan
I think Winter would be best.

I'd agree. See, that's why I think it would have fit in nicely towards the end of the year in 2012, after the Avengers comedown, to have a kinda different, quirky Marvel comedy film.

Crimson King 08-08-2011 10:19 PM

If they're really going through with all of the planned films (including Guardians of the Galaxy), then they'll almost have to go to three a year. Like Wolvie and others have said, Winter is a good time for one of the more risky movies, like Ant-Man or Iron Fist.

Avenger 08-09-2011 12:35 AM

If that May 16, 2014 Marvel film does turn out to be Captain America 2, I really wish they'd push it back to Memorial Day. If The Amazing Spider-Man is a hit, ASM2 is going to be huge, and two weeks after that is a little too close for my liking.

Wolvieboy17 08-09-2011 01:43 AM

I think there are way too many variables there to even be worried. IF Amazing Spider-Man is a hit, then IF ASM 2 is big, then the variables of how much bigger Cap is, not to mention the likelihood of any date changes over the next 3 years? I think getting worried would be a tad premature.