The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Dark Knight Rises (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   The Joker sized elephant in the room (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=371011)

diabolik 11-08-2011 04:02 PM

The Joker sized elephant in the room

So how there HAS to be some talk mention or screen time for him in this final film right? They can't destroy Gotham, connect everything to the other films...and totally leave him out.

How do you think it will be handled ( if at all )

thewhyteman 11-08-2011 04:32 PM

Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Logically, I think they will mention him. He is after all Batman's greatest villain. I have no doubt absent Ledger's passing, Joker would play a decent size roll in the third.

So I would think it would be done with Dialog. Possibly between Batman and Gordan towards the beginning of the movie.

Troy_Parker 11-08-2011 04:33 PM

Maybe Batman will ask Gordon about him.

"How's the clown?"

I don't know, something like that.

Doc Samson 11-08-2011 04:49 PM

If, indeed, Bruce is to continue his journey beyond these films in our minds imagination, a very corny way of doing it would be for him to hear the Joker escapes at the end. And I'd enjoy every second of it :woot:

TinkerTailor 11-08-2011 04:54 PM

I think his influence is going to be felt purely because of the position Batman finds himself in at the start of the film. Hunted by GCPD and taking the weight for Dent's crimes.

87vertgt 11-08-2011 05:25 PM

Good Thread...I've been meaning to ask this myself......

How are they going to continue the storyline???? They must have something really good up their sleeve as part 3 was in mind when part 1 and 2 were created.

At the same time. The Joker can get out of any situation as he's proved time and time again. How do they keep him locked up this time? I dont think they can.

Boom 11-08-2011 05:58 PM

I don't necessarily see a problem here.

The Joker's story arc was completed in TDK, and he's behind bars.

AnneFan 11-08-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinkerTailor (Post 21823225)
I think his influence is going to be felt purely because of the position Batman finds himself in at the start of the film. Hunted by GCPD and taking the weight for Dent's crimes.

This I agree with. Joker is finished with, and his legacy is all that's left. Enter Bane.

Pontillo 11-08-2011 06:04 PM

would like to hear his name mentioned at least once. If he's totally ignore it will be wrong imo.

Just_Human 11-08-2011 06:06 PM

There could be some subtle reference, without having to mention him or his name.

Like how some Gothamites don't trust anyone or have gone crazy ( as the Joker himself said in TDK)

Remember in TDK, they talk about the Arkham psychos Joker has hired.
At the end of BB, Gordon is worried about the ex Arkham inmates who were still out there.
But in TDK, there was no mention of the LOS or RAG ( correct me if Im wrong)

Back to TDKR, they could also bring up the fact that all mob is locked up or killed

The Joker 11-08-2011 06:12 PM

Since Harvey Dent is obviously getting a few mentions, I think the Joker is guaranteed one, too, since he was instrumental in Harvey's downfall. It looks like the whole Harvey Dent legacy is part of Bane's plan.

Unless there's an Arkham breakout, there's no problem story wise with Joker being absent.

Victarion 11-08-2011 06:20 PM

If Ledger were still alive, I could see Joker serving as the judge, just because he targeted Dent in TDK and because one of his stories about his past involved his wife getting involved with the mob. The scene could've elaborated more on Joker's past through the sentences he passed on the upperclass rich--businessmen and elected officials who were tied with the mob--and progressed Bane's plan for Gotham.

WiseBrook 11-08-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87vertgt (Post 21823451)
Good Thread...I've been meaning to ask this myself......

How are they going to continue the storyline???? They must have something really good up their sleeve as part 3 was in mind when part 1 and 2 were created.

Ive never heard any indication that this story was conceived during the earlier films. They said that TDK was originally planned as two sequels. But Im sure they do have something up their sleeve.

jmc 11-08-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabolik (Post 21822811)
So how there HAS to be some talk mention or screen time for him in this final film right? They can't destroy Gotham, connect everything to the other films...and totally leave him out.

How do you think it will be handled ( if at all )

That's assuming connections to previous film are the driving force of the movie. I'll hazzard a guess and say they won't.

Ultra Lantern 11-08-2011 08:48 PM

I don't think they need to mention Joker.

HisMagicTrick 11-08-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just_Human (Post 21823723)
There could be some subtle reference, without having to mention him or his name.

Like how some Gothamites don't trust anyone or have gone crazy ( as the Joker himself said in TDK)

Remember in TDK, they talk about the Arkham psychos Joker has hired.
At the end of BB, Gordon is worried about the ex Arkham inmates who were still out there.
But in TDK, there was no mention of the LOS or RAG ( correct me if Im wrong)

Back to TDKR, they could also bring up the fact that all mob is locked up or killed

Yes I was actually thinking about this. I mean, I really hope there will be some mention of the Joker, but if Ras Al Gul wasn't brought up in TDK then there's a chance the Joker won't be in this one. But, as others have said, because Harvey will be spoken about in TDKR then maybe the Joker will.

The Joker 11-08-2011 08:52 PM

Ra's was different. Neither Gotham City or Gordon knew of his existence. Only Batman did. Everyone in Gotham is aware of the Joker. He made one hell of an impression on them. One that is still going to have repercussions in this.

HisMagicTrick 11-08-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Lantern (Post 21824655)
I don't think they need to mention Joker.

Don't say that!!! :argh:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
:oldrazz:

HisMagicTrick 11-08-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Joker (Post 21824673)
Ra's was different. Neither Gotham City or Gordon knew of his existence. Only Batman did. Everyone in Gotham is aware of the Joker. He made one hell of an impression on them. One that is still going to have repercussions in this.

Good point.

Armored Avenger 11-08-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HisMagicTrick (Post 21824663)
Yes I was actually thinking about this. I mean, I really hope there will be some mention of the Joker, but if Ras Al Gul wasn't brought up in TDK then there's a chance the Joker won't be in this one. But, as others have said, because Harvey will be spoken about in TDKR then maybe the Joker will.

The main difference between the lack of mention of Ra's and a potential lack of mention of the Joker is that the public are unaware that Ra's and the League of Shadows were behind the fear toxin attack. The viral for The Dark Knight made it clear that the people of Gotham believe that Scarecrow and an unknown Terrorist group were responsible.
The Joker made himself a well known, self publicised force within the city and threatened the populace on television, walked the streets shooting at cars, blew up a hospital (after telling everyone in Gotham that he would) and forced an evacuation.

Armored Avenger 11-08-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Exactly my point, only bought up a few minutes before. The bat boards move too fast for me.

Just_Human 11-08-2011 09:11 PM

Good points, guys

GunRanger 11-08-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

The entire city was under attack by The League (with biological weapons), and they had to evacuate. They also said they infiltrated every level of their city. No reference at all of the massive attack or destruction from Begins in TDK is glaring.

The Joker 11-08-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunRanger (Post 21824849)
The entire city was under attack by The League (with biological weapons), and they had to evacuate. They also said they infiltrated every level of their city. No reference at all of the massive attack or destruction from Begins in TDK is glaring.

The entire city was not attacked or evacuated. All the damage was contained on the Narrows Island.

Gordon: "The Narrows is lost"

That was the only damage done by the LOS. Their plot was foiled and Ra's was killed. Everything was wrapped up. The only loose end was Crane, who appeared in TDK. Oh and Falcone got a mention of being in Arkham and his empire was taken over by Maroni.

jmc 11-08-2011 09:24 PM

The reason no reference is made in TDK to the events of Begins is because the story is self contained and the events of the previous film are irrelevant, even though it's a sequel. Rises will more than likely be the same.