The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Batman Begins (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins?? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=373853)

DIRECTOR 12-17-2011 09:18 AM

Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
The color tone for both BB and TDK/TDKR is very different. BB had a brownish hue to the film.....

Like what they did to the Matrix, do you think Nolan will rerelease BB on bluray with the same color tone as the sequals.......... I really want all the movies to look similar because I really like the color tone on the sequals.

Mandalore464 12-17-2011 12:19 PM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
That would make no sense at all.

Batman Begins is and was always meant to look brownish, why would that change?

Batman Begins = Blade Runner = brown
The Dark Knight = Heat = blue
The Dark Knight Rises = ??? = ???

I happen to prefer the tone in BB because I'm sick and tired of that "teal effect" (blueish tint) that's added to every single movie coming out.

Seriously how many movies have you seen recently that looked blue?

Mako 12-18-2011 11:46 PM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
I think Nolan and Pfister would do whatever they could to keep that from happening. It's an artistic choice they both made for the film, the color palette for each film is there for a reason. Just as TDKR will have it's own palette.

DIRECTOR 12-19-2011 03:24 PM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandalore464 (Post 22119589)
That would make no sense at all.

Batman Begins is and was always meant to look brownish, why would that change?

Batman Begins = Blade Runner = brown
The Dark Knight = Heat = blue
The Dark Knight Rises = ??? = ???

I happen to prefer the tone in BB because I'm sick and tired of that "teal effect" (blueish tint) that's added to every single movie coming out.

Seriously how many movies have you seen recently that looked blue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako (Post 22131085)
I think Nolan and Pfister would do whatever they could to keep that from happening. It's an artistic choice they both made for the film, the color palette for each film is there for a reason. Just as TDKR will have it's own palette.

well, watching the TDKR Prologue, it's the same color tone as in TDK

CConn 12-19-2011 11:26 PM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
I highly doubt it'll have the same it'll have the same palette.

DaRkVeNgeanCe 12-20-2011 12:07 AM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
Is this thread for real? Are you serious?

Mako 12-20-2011 11:28 AM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DIRECTOR (Post 22137109)
well, watching the TDKR Prologue, it's the same color tone as in TDK

And TDK still had some BB tones, TDKR looks to have similar pallets to both previous films but also has Gunmetals and greys.

DIRECTOR 12-20-2011 02:26 PM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe (Post 22142981)
Is this thread for real? Are you serious?

Why so serious?

DIRECTOR 12-20-2011 02:26 PM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako (Post 22145935)
And TDK still had some BB tones, TDKR looks to have similar pallets to both previous films but also has Gunmetals and greys.

No, it had NO BB color tones in TDK. There was no brown at all. I hated that brown tone, it didn't look right.

Mako 12-20-2011 06:00 PM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DIRECTOR (Post 22147456)
No, it had NO BB color tones in TDK. There was no brown at all. I hated that brown tone, it didn't look right.

Sure it did, the Dinner with Harvey, Bruce's penthouse and the chase sequence are the first that come to mind. Palettes can vary greatly, BB used a wide array of colors from dark brown to champagne with dabs of green, While the sequences I mentioned used very dark choppers and browns with reds.

DIRECTOR 12-30-2011 07:59 AM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako (Post 22149449)
Sure it did, the Dinner with Harvey, Bruce's penthouse and the chase sequence are the first that come to mind. Palettes can vary greatly, BB used a wide array of colors from dark brown to champagne with dabs of green, While the sequences I mentioned used very dark choppers and browns with reds.

maybe because most of the movie was focused on the Narrows, while TDK was about the city itself?

Well, anywayz, i still didn't like the color palette in BB. Nolan's film regime made a drastic shift between BB/Prestige to TDK? How, why?

CConn 01-02-2012 12:07 AM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
Because he quite obviously grew as a director.

redfirebird2008 01-02-2012 12:23 AM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
The color scheme doesn't need to be changed, but the transfer itself leaves a ton of room for improvement. Too much DNR.

CConn 01-02-2012 03:34 AM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
At least it isn't as bad as the DVD.

BB's DVD was honestly one of the worst looking DVD transfers I've seen.

Brother Jack 01-02-2012 01:06 PM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako (Post 22131085)
I think Nolan and Pfister would do whatever they could to keep that from happening. It's an artistic choice they both made for the film, the color palette for each film is there for a reason. Just as TDKR will have it's own palette.

From what I can tell from the promotional stuff and the footage we have seen, TDKR has more grayish tones and contrasting black and white (think of the quick shadowed closeup of Bane in the trailer) while still incorporating hues from previous films.

Fudgie 01-17-2012 11:53 AM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DIRECTOR (Post 22147456)
No, it had NO BB color tones in TDK. There was no brown at all. I hated that brown tone, it didn't look right.

I sort of agree. I don't really associate brown tone with Batman.

Two-Face 01-20-2012 08:06 AM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
I liked colour theme for BB. It just fits with everything else.

CConn 01-20-2012 11:21 AM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
I had no problem with it.

This "it doesn't feel like Batman" stuff is the biggest piece of ******** of all time.

SimbaRises 01-21-2012 01:11 AM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mako (Post 22131085)
I think Nolan and Pfister would do whatever they could to keep that from happening. It's an artistic choice they both made for the film, the color palette for each film is there for a reason. Just as TDKR will have it's own palette.

Exactly. Why on earth would the OP think they would change it? The color tint to the film represents thematically each tone of each of the films.

MrWayne 01-30-2012 03:56 PM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DIRECTOR (Post 22137109)
well, watching the TDKR Prologue, it's the same color tone as in TDK

Actually its closer to BB. Watch again.. Closely.

Fudgie 01-30-2012 08:02 PM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWayne (Post 22404953)
Actually its closer to BB. Watch again.. Closely.

It looks like TDK's to me.

MrWayne 01-31-2012 02:47 PM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
Sorry, I meant the actual trailer. But I only think its like that due to inside of the plance, the trailer scenes look more on track with BB. But we may get a little of both, which makes sense.

CapedCrusader14 02-04-2012 06:29 AM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
Asking to change the colour tones of these films is like asking the director of the Three Colours trilogy to change each film to the same colour tone.

uniqueweasel 02-05-2012 10:08 AM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
Couldn't the 'brown' colour tones be because Batman Begins was set more in the 'depths' of Gotham in the crime ridden lesser wealthy parts, and The Dark Knight was set more in the more City parts with the Penthouses and the Skyscrapers so it looks more blue because of the city scape.

Lando81 02-05-2012 06:31 PM

Re: Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??
 
You guys. I had a personal problem with this movie. I hope they fix it in future releases to cater only to me.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.