The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men: Days of Future Past (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=489)
-   -   Matthew Vaughn Is NOT Helming X-Men: First Class Sequel (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=376817)

FilmNerdJamie 01-30-2012 11:53 AM

Matthew Vaughn Is NOT Helming X-Men: First Class Sequel

Word was he had until March to make up his mind if he wanted to do another one. For obvious reasons...he wasn't...sure (Read: January Jones).

According to "TOLDJA," they just closed the deal:

Quote:

Fox has just closed a deal with Matthew Vaughn to come back and direct the sequel to X-Men: First Class, with Simon Kinberg writing the script and Bryan Singer back as producer.

White_Knight191 01-30-2012 12:10 PM

Re: Matthew Vaughn Helming X-Men: First Class Sequel

If true, great news! :)

RachelDawes 01-30-2012 12:20 PM

Hooray! :applaud

I hope the whole cast comes back too, including Jones.

Nathan 01-30-2012 12:24 PM

This is sweet.

Electrix 01-30-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie (Post 22403745)
For obvious reasons...he wasn't...sure (Read: January Jones).

That was all media bull.

Glad he's back. Hopefully that means Jane Goldman will be co-writing again and Henry Jackman scoring.

marvelrobbins 01-30-2012 01:07 PM

Matthew directing and Bryan producing Is music to me ears.First Class Is viewed as eather best film or second best film In Series.Fox Is smart to get the team back.The cast Is commited to sequels.The question Is will they bring everybody back.For me Moria,Angel,Riptide are question marks.I doudt they won't bring back Emma Frost.She
Is too Important a character to not return.Azarel Is a lock since he uses Jason fleming In almost everything he does.

for those complaning about SImon Kinberg.Remember he was a key on First Class as producer.I suspect he may had worked more with Vaughn and Singer than Lauren Shuller
Donner.Plus he did last work on first Class script.We can't judge all his efforts just because we didn't like his work on Fantastic Four and X-Men The Last Stand.And that may
be more of how Fox treated those films.

Sweet Xstacy 01-30-2012 02:45 PM

Yes. Now please give Professor X a good storyline.

demitri_vampiro 01-30-2012 02:49 PM

vaugn back = good
singer back = bad
kinberg = bad

BMM 01-30-2012 02:56 PM

Great news about Vaughn. And how is Singer returning as producer a bad thing?

Nathan 01-30-2012 03:04 PM

Probably because Singer doesn't stick as close to the comics as he'd like to. I admit, I was disappointed that Rogue wasn't a sexy tease, that Bobby wasn't the wiseguy and that Cyclops was mishandled, but overall, the movies were still great with pretty solid stories. And a solid story always trumps comic book accuracy in my book.

TheComicbookKid 01-30-2012 03:11 PM

Hell yeah!

http://i.imgbox.com/aatYsDnX.gif*

JONES BETTER NOT COME BACK(not that anythings her fault, but publicity wise). Pull a Katie Holmes and have scheduling conflicts.

mclay18 01-30-2012 03:17 PM

Nice. Does this mean this will get the fast-track for a summer 2013 release? I'd rather see this happen before a Wolverine sequel does.

TheComicbookKid 01-30-2012 03:26 PM

Isn't 2013 already divided up? They'd have to put their stamp down now to get any good dates.

marvelrobbins 01-30-2012 03:41 PM

we are probally looking at summer 2014 release.Fox will probally try to get The Wolverine
out for july or August 2013 reease.

As predicted a few of the antiBryan Singer people will be out In force bashing.And as
I keep pointing out many other filmakers change elements of the comic books for the screen.

Primal Slayer 01-30-2012 04:04 PM

Im happy. Glad they didnt fix something that wasnt broken. But if January doesnt come back to play Emma then just recast her with a better actress.

marvelrobbins 01-30-2012 04:11 PM

She signed a three film deal when she signed on as Emma Frost.I doudt she Is recast.
They have only done that with Minor cast members.So If Emma frost Is In sequel
It will almost certinly be january playing her.

TheComicbookKid 01-30-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelrobbins (Post 22405051)
She signed a three film deal when she signed on as Emma Frost.I doudt she Is recast.
They have only done that with Minor cast members.So If Emma frost Is In sequel
It will almost certinly be january playing her.

Doubt it. Fox and Ms. Jones don't want to deal with "who's the daddy questions" in their sequel so I'm sure they'll let her out.

Nathan 01-30-2012 04:38 PM

I wouldn't mind if they recast her. She was one of the least memorable actors in the movie.

Nerial 01-30-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid (Post 22405153)
Doubt it. Fox and Ms. Jones don't want to deal with "who's the daddy questions" in their sequel so I'm sure they'll let her out.

I don't know--I think the bigger reason to let her go is that she was the worst reviewed actor in the movie. Look at about a dozen critical reviews for XM:FC, and almost all of them say the same thing--her performance was very wooden and not convincing.

I'm sure Katie Holmes was contracted to three Batman movies, but after all the bad reviews for her in the first one, they switched to someone more convincing.

Jones is the only actor I want replaced. No offense to her personally, but she just didn't portray the character well. I don't care about the baby daddy stuff, honestly.

Nerial 01-30-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Xstacy (Post 22404483)
Yes. Now please give Professor X a good storyline.

Both McAvoy and Fassbender want this as well. So, unless the writers/director/producers go insane, then the sequel will most likely be more Xavier-focused. The guy just got paralyzed and lost his sister, best friend, and love interest by the end of the movie. He needs to be all kinds of messed up.

Angamb 01-30-2012 05:09 PM

great day for x-men fans. Im ready for all the updates in the next months :)

Storm22 01-30-2012 05:14 PM

Fantastic news. Looking forward to seeing how this sequel develops.

BMM 01-30-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 22404595)
Probably because Singer doesn't stick as close to the comics as he'd like to. I admit, I was disappointed that Rogue wasn't a sexy tease, that Bobby wasn't the wiseguy and that Cyclops was mishandled, but overall, the movies were still great with pretty solid stories. And a solid story always trumps comic book accuracy in my book.

All of that I would understand, if he were directing again. I have no problem with him returning as producer, though. I've never once watched First Class and felt it had Singer's hands all over it--quite the opposite, in fact. It feels very much like it's own movie and a good one at that. If these are the same people that brought us First Class, I have no problem bringing them back. Just give them more time, and ditch the short schedule. That is something the sequel could do without.

josh8 01-30-2012 05:56 PM

Great news!

As for Jones, I think she did fine. I only had a problem with that one line reading in the prison. I think her acting was badly reviewed because the role was icy, but no reason was given.

As for the negative comments about her baby drama...

THIS IS 2012. Can a woman not become a single mom without being flamed as the biggest whore in town??

TheComicbookKid 01-30-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh8 (Post 22405641)

As for the negative comments about her baby drama...

THIS IS 2012. Can a woman not become a single mom without being flamed as the biggest whore in town??

Uh, she had a relationship with a co-worker and didn't reveal his name. As if there's something wrong with it, well, people will want to know.

She wants her privacy, then let her have it. That won't happen putting her in the same place as before.

What did Katie Holmes do? Get married to a screwball and have a kid? Yeah, that's totally unique.