The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=523)
-   -   New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=380097)

Thread Manager 03-22-2012 02:01 PM

New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 03-22-2012 02:01 PM

Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works?

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Lencho01 03-22-2012 02:02 PM

Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnage27 (Post 22760637)
I'm pretty sure neither were involved with the 1987 cartoon. Laird wasn't involved with NM, since the two creators had a pretty massive falling out before then. Laird was, however, heavily involved in the 2000s era cartoon that was pretty good.

Oh, I see. I didn't know when they went their separate ways. I read they didn't like Bepop and Rocksteady, so that's why they weren't in the second film. I wasn't sure if that was just something they didn't like about the cartoon and thus didn't have it in the film.

I know Laird was involved with the 2k3 toon and it that's why it turned out well. I still feel it and the first film are a good template of what can be done with the new film as far as tone goes. TMNT seemed to try to do that. I stopped watching early on with Fast Foward. Don't know how it ended up. Same with Back to the Sewer.

Mindreaper21 03-22-2012 02:07 PM

Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

TMNT deserves it's own forum. This is too huge for just a couple of threads.

Carnage27 03-22-2012 02:11 PM

Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lencho01 (Post 22760813)
I know Laird was involved with the 2k3 toon and it that's why it turned out well. I still feel it and the first film are a good template of what can be done with the new film as far as tone goes. TMNT seemed to try to do that. I stopped watching early on with Fast Foward. Don't know how it ended up. Same with Back to the Sewer.

I think TMNT was a GREAT movie. Second best incarnation of the Turtles in film or TV, IMO. Unfortunately it suffered from being made by an unknown animation studio and a new villain no one had ever heard of.

But IMO it does the best job of making the Turtles their own. In the original film, Donnie was a bit too much like Mikey, and Leo was insufferable at times. But TMNT did them all perfectly.

Octoberist 03-22-2012 02:16 PM

I hated TMNT's animation but that's just me. It was okay though the story could have go down a different direction.

bullets 03-22-2012 02:19 PM

I think it's should have it's own section :up:

Fans should also be vocal if they have a valid concern. Last time fans were vocal , Michael Bay removed the twins from Transformers 3 , I believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paroxysm (Post 22759565)
I really hope Casey Jones shows up. Him and Ralph were always my favorites.

At some point they definitely need to bring in Casey Jones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paroxysm (Post 22759871)
Sign a petition or something or stop watching movies if you hate feeling like a "sucker".

You would have to get a lot of people to do that for it to truly work. I think the script probably revolves so much around their space origin that they would have to scrap everything. What are the chances they would do that?

Project862006 03-22-2012 02:19 PM

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Creator Kevin Eastman Praises Michael Bay's Vision

Quote:

Kevin Eastman - "Hey Guys, Sorry to have been away for so long--completely swamped with work--but it is some pretty exciting stuff. I had been invited to check out the TMNT film development by my friend Scott Mednick over the years, and a while back had a full look behind the curtian at what writers Appelbaum and Nemec, director Liebesman, and producer Bay are doing--and trust me--it IS AWESOME. I'm officially on board, and will share more as I'm allowed... thanks all!"

Carnage27 03-22-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octoberist (Post 22760929)
I hated TMNT's animation but that's just me. It was okay though the story could have go down a different direction.

It didn't have the polish of Pixar, that's for sure. But I'd rank it close to some of Dreamworks' stuff from the time.

Carnage27 03-22-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project862006 (Post 22760951)
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Creator Kevin Eastman Praises Michael Bay's Vision

I posted that a few hours ago.

Lencho01 03-22-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnage27 (Post 22760879)
I think TMNT was a GREAT movie. Second best incarnation of the Turtles in film or TV, IMO. Unfortunately it suffered from being made by an unknown animation studio and a new villain no one had ever heard of.

But IMO it does the best job of making the Turtles their own. In the original film, Donnie was a bit too much like Mikey, and Leo was insufferable at times. But TMNT did them all perfectly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octoberist (Post 22760929)

I liked it it a lot. I thought it would've been better to have used some other villian or one who truly was one. I liked the animation, but saw it would've been great if they had a bigger budget. I liked the turtle designs and how each one was slightly different like Raph having the biggest muscles or Leo standing a little bit taller than the rest. Same with their faces. The humans were ok. I really loved that they got actual voice actors for the turtles at least. Didn't see much need for "celebs" or whatever as the humans.

Plus, they gave us this...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Carnage27 03-22-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lencho01 (Post 22760987)
Plus, they gave us this...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

In all honesty one of my favorite scenes ever.:woot:

Frodo 03-22-2012 02:27 PM

And Laird was a bit snarky about it ,so I guess both sides I have something.Lol.

craigdbfan 03-22-2012 02:27 PM

That comment by Eastman also solidifies that Liebesman did get the job and is already past "final negotiations" as I and others suspected.

Carnage27 03-22-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 22761003)
And Laird was a bit snarky about it ,so I guess both sides I have something.Lol.

Laird has been snarky ever since Paramount/Nickelodeon acquired the property.

But on the same token, Eastman is actively involved with the property at this point with the comics, so he's not the most unbiased source. Though I do hope he's being sincere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigdbfan (Post 22761005)
That comment by Eastman also solidifies that Liebesman did get the job and is already past "final negotiations" as I and others suspected.

Yea. I don't think he's a terrible choice. Far from my number 1 choice. But he's not terrible.

bullets 03-22-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnage27 (Post 22760995)

I was surprised how well the cgi looked in TMNT (2007). I think it would of been cool to see a sequel to that even though I'm glad they are returning to live action.

Lencho01 03-22-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnage27 (Post 22760995)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullets (Post 22761175)
I was surprised how well the cgi looked in TMNT (2007). I think it would of been cool to see a sequel to that even though I'm glad they are returning to live action.

It was such a great scene. The close up on their eyes before the fight is my favorite part.

I too wanted a sequel and the hint of Karai being Shredder was nice. Well, I think that was the hint anyway.

Thundercrack85 03-22-2012 04:00 PM

The Turtles have evolved a lot since the early comics. Hell, what made them world famous was the eighties cartoon, followed by the nineties movie. So, obviously the creators, created them, but a lot of the franchise's success is the work of other people as well.

Octoberist 03-22-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnage27 (Post 22761029)
Laird has been snarky ever since Paramount/Nickelodeon acquired the property.

But on the same token, Eastman is actively involved with the property at this point with the comics, so he's not the most unbiased source. Though I do hope he's being sincere.

Yea. I don't think he's a terrible choice. Far from my number 1 choice. But he's not terrible.

According to collider.com, a site that I really like, they heard its way better than the first 'Clash'.

spider-neil 03-22-2012 04:37 PM

love, love, LOVED the TMNT animated movie. absolutely love the set up of the tention between raph and leo and the pay off of the fight. the action is top class and I even liked the chessy plot of finding the 12 beasts. I love this far more than I liked the original live action movie but the turtles move and fight like I imagine them to move and fight

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

'THAT' is how I imagine the turtles to move and only the animated movie has given me what I want

craigdbfan 03-22-2012 04:58 PM

I also really enjoyed TMNT 07. I thought it was a very well done movie and was pleasantly surprised by it.

camp Blood 03-22-2012 05:02 PM

i wonder if bay had registration to his forum turned off because people were criticizing him

the new tmnt was ok but not as good as the old live action film. i enjoyed the conflict between leo and raph

Blue Sugar 03-22-2012 06:49 PM

Personally I didn't like TMNT all that much.

And yeah Turtles definitely deserves their own forum here.

Vaibow 03-22-2012 07:21 PM

What if scientists extract 4 eggs from an Alien planet.. They hatch into 'normal' turtles!! Only to show human qualities as they rapidly excel!!? Something goes wrong at labs, they get set free, an old ninja looks after them and guides them? Splinter is human! but is known as a 'rat' as a bit of a bum living rough! He has a beard, long hair pony tail, kinda whiskers in his beard! He has history with shredder and the foot clan? That I could accept!

DaveMoral 03-22-2012 07:51 PM

You know what bothers me about a lot of the art posted in the precursor to this thread? Most of it is just convoluted, amped up, 'roid freak versions of TMNT characters because that's what all the Red Bull swilling freaks are into. Same with the attempts at "realistic" portrayals of the Turtles. Why? It takes away from the charm of them IMO.