The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Marvel's The Avengers (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=444)
-   -   The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=381269)

Thread Manager 04-08-2012 05:56 PM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love.
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

irapogi 04-08-2012 05:56 PM

The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love.
 
http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/a...omoartnew1.jpg

His character is possibly the best part of Thor for me.
And we know he's coming back to the avengers.
Yeah i know, he probably won't be alone. (Avenger's Initiative started in iron man 1, he was still in asgard at that time)
but still. looking through 9 pages of topics, multiple times, i'm still appalled we dont have a thread.

Let's use this thread to discuss what part you think Loki will play. How will he use the cube? How/will he manipulate hulk/banner? How can he manipulate everyone? What will Thor think?
What threat will he unleash, so big that it needs a team to defeat it? etc etc.
What do you guys think?
...
TELL ME!!!!!

R_Hythlodeus 04-08-2012 05:56 PM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love.
 
I'm sure Loki will be a Highlight of the movie with a capital H

Godzilla2000 04-08-2012 06:05 PM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
Oh wow, we've actually forced the Thread Manager to create another thread!! I knew we could do it!

Anyways, something Tom was saying in this video got the wheels in my head turning.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


I guess what I wrote in the comment section sums up how I feel, which I'll paste for quick reference:

Hmmm...there's something telling in what Tom was saying. Did he give us a peek into his own psyche by talking of men not being able to commit as much to the women they love compared with the passion for their crafts?

P.S. As a recreational writer I can understand what Tom means about your craft taking over your life as writing is all I tend to think about. I could see that Tom's dedication to his acting could be construed by the women he dates as being aloof, uncaring behavior. But I myself understand it because of my aptitude for writing. I know a bit what it's like to put yourself in that creative moment. I might be reading too much into this, but if I'm not I think Tom's being too hard on himself.


P.S. You know, I've never seen the movie Heat, though my interest has always been piqued.

xeno000 04-08-2012 06:46 PM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
Loki, Father of Lies (and Sleipnir)


http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2...romo0001la.png


Loki has the most gorgeous costume in the entire movie, with the possible exception of Iron Man's armor. It's befitting a would-be world conqueror. FOX should take notes from Marvel -- this is how you make characters look powerful and imposing.

irapogi 04-08-2012 07:16 PM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
Woah, i totally forgot that i made the thread. Reading it again, im pretty happy with what i wrote. Probably on a high after watching thor again.

That one scene with odin, jaw dropped, no words.

Godzilla2000 04-08-2012 07:19 PM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
Ah, that intense stare...it's a fangirl's dream!

BigThor 04-08-2012 07:42 PM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by catgirl18
I do not think that Loki has chance against the Hulk ,and I am a Loki fangirl.

You forget that Loki is too intelligent to fight Hulk in hand to hand combat, he is a master of magic and he's intelligent enough to figure out a way to give him the upperhand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loki
With as much intelligence as Loki has to back up his other gifts, these people should be informed that Loki won't let Hulk treat him like a punching bag for the whole fight. He'll obviously think of a way to get the upper hand.

Exactly :up:

Godzilla2000 04-08-2012 08:06 PM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigThor (Post 22895027)
You forget that Loki is to intelligent to fight Hulk in hand to hand combat, he is a master of magic and he's intelligent enough to figure out a way to give him the upperhand.

Exactly :up:

No matter how much control Banner has been trying to gain over his rage, Loki is still in vastly more control of his faculties than Banner is as the Hulk. It just makes more sense.

IronGirl299 04-08-2012 09:45 PM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by irapogi (Post 22894817)

That one scene with odin, jaw dropped, no words.

I saw the poster for Thor and I thought he was cute from the start, but that scene with Odin?
Made me crush on him real hard.

BigThor 04-09-2012 12:02 AM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinouga (Post 22895203)
No matter how much control Banner has been trying to gain over his rage, Loki is still in vastly more control of his faculties than Banner is as the Hulk. It just makes more sense.

Exactly, people forget that there's more ways to win a battle than being "stronger" than someone.

catgirl18 04-09-2012 01:33 AM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...g1ldo3_500.jpg

Thor Vol 1 #344 THIS IS WHY I LOVE Loki
“Balder thy name is laughter”

BigThor 04-09-2012 01:59 AM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
^ That's a prime example of how you can't beat someone as clever and well versed in sorcery as Loki the God of Mischief himself.

Godzilla2000 04-09-2012 03:53 AM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
I just had to say this in this thread specifically but ah, Thomas Hiddleston...curse you and that Scottish charm you inherited from your dad.

ladyloki 04-09-2012 11:41 AM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigThor (Post 22896613)
Exactly, people forget that there's more ways to win a battle than being "stronger" than someone.


I agree.. stronger does not mean victory not at all. Taking martial arts has taught me that... fighting is a head game, and Loki knows how to play with your mind. Its gonna be awesome to see how it all plays out , cant wait

BigThor 04-09-2012 04:32 PM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyloki (Post 22899101)
I agree.. stronger does not mean victory not at all. Taking martial arts has taught me that... fighting is a head game, and Loki knows how to play with your mind. Its gonna be awesome to see how it all plays out , cant wait

Bingo :up:

Ultimatehero 04-09-2012 04:46 PM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
FROM A RECENT INTERVIEW WITH TOM HIDDLESTON.

1) Joss Whedon after seeing a rough cut immediately wanted Loki to be the bad guy.

2) Does Loki have something to prove to the universe, to his family, or himself?

Loki is still searching for self-respect, a sense of belonging, status, and power. All of these things are being chased through a delusion dream of autocracy and being a king. He was told as a child that he was born to rule. There's a wonderful line by Anthony Hopkins say at the very beginning of Thor when Thor and Loki are both children and that's, "Only one of you can ascend to the throne but both of you were born to be kings." It's a birth right that he's yet to be given his due, so if he can't be king of Asgard then why not let go of Asgard, or any need for it, and go to another realm in the universe and fashion a kingdom of his own over which he can rule and thereby fulfill his destiny as a would-be king. I guess peace or a sense of accomplishment? He's so far gone that he can't see that it's delusional. He's still filled with hatred and hurt for Thor and Odin so he's still running. He hasn't hit rock bottom yet. He's flipped to the dark side and the worst thing is that all of his natural abilities are playing into his power. Even when he was redeemable and looking toward the light, his abilities were dangerous. Now that he's embraced his darkness and the power of his pain, he's much, much more destructive and dangerous. We're dealing with teetering on the dividing line between good and evil. Loki started on one side of the line and is now falling into a deep, dark pit of destruction.

3) How he sees the other Avengers:

BLACK WIDOW

"I think Loki and the Black Widow recognize each other because they are both deeply untrustworthy; they are impeccable deceivers so there is a mutual recognition at work.

IRON MAN

I think Loki and Tony Stark are equally matched beyond the physical or the emotional. It's like a chess game.

CAPTAIN AMERICA

In Loki's mind, Captain is simple and merely a mortal.

Scarlettess 04-09-2012 06:18 PM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
Great interview! I love how Tom talks about the character, you can tell he loves playing such a character like Loki. I especially like this bit:

He's flipped to the dark side and the worst thing is that all of his natural abilities are playing into his power. Even when he was redeemable and looking toward the light, his abilities were dangerous. Now that he's embraced his darkness and the power of his pain, he's much, much more destructive and dangerous.

and the bit about him and Black Widow having a mutual recognition. interesting.

ladyloki 04-09-2012 09:47 PM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimatehero (Post 22901547)
FROM A RECENT INTERVIEW WITH TOM HIDDLESTON.

1) Joss Whedon after seeing a rough cut immediately wanted Loki to be the bad guy.

2) Does Loki have something to prove to the universe, to his family, or himself?

Loki is still searching for self-respect, a sense of belonging, status, and power. All of these things are being chased through a delusion dream of autocracy and being a king. He was told as a child that he was born to rule. There's a wonderful line by Anthony Hopkins say at the very beginning of Thor when Thor and Loki are both children and that's, "Only one of you can ascend to the throne but both of you were born to be kings." It's a birth right that he's yet to be given his due, so if he can't be king of Asgard then why not let go of Asgard, or any need for it, and go to another realm in the universe and fashion a kingdom of his own over which he can rule and thereby fulfill his destiny as a would-be king. I guess peace or a sense of accomplishment? He's so far gone that he can't see that it's delusional. He's still filled with hatred and hurt for Thor and Odin so he's still running. He hasn't hit rock bottom yet. He's flipped to the dark side and the worst thing is that all of his natural abilities are playing into his power. Even when he was redeemable and looking toward the light, his abilities were dangerous. Now that he's embraced his darkness and the power of his pain, he's much, much more destructive and dangerous. We're dealing with teetering on the dividing line between good and evil. Loki started on one side of the line and is now falling into a deep, dark pit of destruction.

3) How he sees the other Avengers:

BLACK WIDOW

"I think Loki and the Black Widow recognize each other because they are both deeply untrustworthy; they are impeccable deceivers so there is a mutual recognition at work.

IRON MAN

I think Loki and Tony Stark are equally matched beyond the physical or the emotional. It's like a chess game.

CAPTAIN AMERICA

In Loki's mind, Captain is simple and merely a mortal.

AWESOME Interview !!! ..... very excited to see how Loki will interact with these characters. Black Widow and Loki seems interesting ..gonna be great Thanks for posting :yay::yay:

IronGirl299 04-09-2012 10:45 PM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinouga (Post 22897365)
I just had to say this in this thread specifically but ah, Thomas Hiddleston...curse you and that Scottish charm you inherited from your dad.

:pal: :)

Loki's going up against each one of the Avengers, so says TH in an interview. He's really excited for the role and if you're a true Marvelite you can't help but see spoilers in all his interviews.

catgirl18 04-10-2012 12:18 AM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
The Avengers Up-Close: Tom Hiddleston

http://marvel.com/news/story/18493/t...tom_hiddleston

BigThor 04-10-2012 12:30 AM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
Thanks for the interview catgirl18 & Ultimatehero, I love the part where Tom says Thor vs Loki's at the end of THOR was only a taste of what's to come. :wow:

herolee10 04-10-2012 02:46 AM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
I honestly wouldn't mind seeing on what Tom brings to the table if it were to be established in the MCU that Loki is also the father of Hela as he is in the comics. The dynamics that he'd be able to portray from that concept/relationship would be interesting to say the least.

catgirl18 04-10-2012 03:56 AM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by herolee10 (Post 22906461)
I honestly wouldn't mind seeing on what Tom brings to the table if it were to be established in the MCU that Loki is also the father of Hela as he is in the comics. The dynamics that he'd be able to portray from that concept/relationship would be interesting to say the least.

I think Loki has six children in the comics.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp9kc90gZq1qi6zcz.jpg


http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp9l9sGiVW1qi6zcz.jpg
Amazing Spider-Man #504
But Tessa is his favorite

catgirl18 04-10-2012 04:04 AM

Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1
 
Tess is probably one of the few who can claim a place in Loki's hidden heart.
Tess Black is a respectable stock broker and the daughter of Loki with an unknown mortal woman.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.