The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Captain America World (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=442)
-   -   What Captain America graphic novels would you recommend? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=382831)

BH/HHH 05-01-2012 02:19 PM

What Captain America graphic novels would you recommend?

I'm more of a DC fan but I have read some Marvel books like the Ultimates, Supreme Power etc and the one Cap book I own is Rebirth but can anyone recommend any other Cap books?

Avenger 05-01-2012 07:02 PM

Re: What Captain America graphic novels would you recommend?

I only have the two Winter Soldier TPBs, but I highly recommend them. I enjoyed them quite a bit.

MarvelKnight 05-02-2012 12:39 AM

There is a miniseries called Captain America: Man out of Time. It's excellent. Written by Mark Waid. Pretty sure it's available TPB

BH/HHH 05-02-2012 11:50 AM

Thanks guys I'll check those out

Steampunk Ghost 05-11-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avenger (Post 23119357)
I only have the two Winter Soldier TPBs, but I highly recommend them. I enjoyed them quite a bit.

i agree. the Winter Soldier novels were spectacular. the graphic novel itself is called "Winter Soldier" and its sequel is "Red Menace".

i also really like Theatre of War. it is a small collection of Cap's time in WWII, Afghanistan, and the "ghost" of Cap throughout all of American history, from the Revolutionary War to today. it is an amazing read, i totally recommend it. :cap:

Avenger 05-29-2012 04:33 PM

So BH/HHH, have you had a chance to read any of them yet? What did you think?

BH/HHH 06-03-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avenger (Post 23373795)
So BH/HHH, have you had a chance to read any of them yet? What did you think?

Firstly I bought the definitice Captain America, was a superb read.

I have only had the chance to buy Man out of Time and I bought Hail Hydra too. MOOT was superb really really enjoyed it, had it all. HH was good too but I found myself abit confused towards the end if I'm honest as Steve Rogers was no longer Cap etc

MarvelKnight 06-06-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BH/HHH (Post 23419573)
Firstly I bought the definitice Captain America, was a superb read.

I have only had the chance to buy Man out of Time and I bought Hail Hydra too. MOOT was superb really really enjoyed it, had it all. HH was good too but I found myself abit confused towards the end if I'm honest as Steve Rogers was no longer Cap etc

Glad you enjoyed Man Out of Time!

runawayboulder 08-01-2012 01:03 AM

The Bloodstone Hunt (an Indiana Jones style globetrotting adventure) and Streets of Poison (drug/crime thriller). Both by Mark Gruenwald when he was at the top of his game writing Cap.

CLFilms 08-05-2012 07:50 PM

I would recommend anything written by Ed Brubaker and anything DRAWN by Alex Ross. Alex Ross has the MOST incredible artwork.

jonathancrane 08-05-2012 07:56 PM

Agreed with above: Brubaker's run is good, but I advise against reading it out of sequence with the exception of Winter Soldier: Ultimate Collection.

KangConquers 08-07-2012 03:29 AM

For Non-Brubaker material I recommend Stern's War and Remembrance and Englehart's Secret Empire, which was the first great multi-issue Cap arc.

CaptainAmerica7 07-06-2013 06:55 PM

I have every Captain America graphic novel and comic since 1968....all of them are good :-) Ones that stand out to me are Man Out of Time. War and Remembrance... Anything by Brubaker (get Omnibus Vol 1 1-25)