The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Sony (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=344)
-   -   Quantic Dream's Beyond (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=385631)

Crockett 06-04-2012 11:16 AM

Quantic Dream's Beyond

More information, the game is titled Beyond: Two Souls and Ellen Page looks to be one of the stars involved in the game.

http://i.imgur.com/skCp8.jpg

And some screens leaked out which you could check out.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazi...uess-the-star/

Sgt.Pepper 06-04-2012 01:36 PM

Re: Quantic Dream's Kara

I can't wait to see what Cage & Quantic Dream has come up with this time. Curious to see who the other famous actor will be.

Superhero 101 06-04-2012 02:05 PM

Ellen Paige in Quantic Dream's next Game.. :awesome::hrt:

The Squirrel 06-04-2012 06:55 PM

The pics are gone. :csad:

KALEL114 06-04-2012 07:07 PM

Maybe this is the real reason ND changed Ellie's look in The Last of Us. Lol.

The Squirrel 06-04-2012 07:08 PM

They did?

KALEL114 06-04-2012 07:10 PM

Yeah, they made some tweaks to her face and made her look younger.

venus_ice 06-04-2012 09:10 PM

First look!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Jick09 06-04-2012 09:22 PM

Looking nice.
So, it seems she has some kind of power. I wonder how much it'll play like Heavy Rain.

The Squirrel 06-04-2012 10:46 PM

Edit: never mind. Video had cussing. But there's a two-minute trailer, that's just the E3 sneak peak re-edited.

MOVIELORD101 06-05-2012 05:36 AM

Sounds cool that they got Ellen Page to voice this female character. But who's the big-name male actor they also hired for the game, I wonder? After all, the game's title is Beyond: Two Souls (note the two in the title), so I'm thinking that they'll reveal the other actor later on...

KALEL114 06-05-2012 08:30 AM

Well the second soul is the spirit/ghost that Jodie grows up with. I don't know if we will see a physical manifestation of it.

KALEL114 06-05-2012 08:35 AM

Quantic Dream's Beyond

Quote:

Hopefully many of you will have seen that we’ve just announced the much anticipated next title from Quantic Dream, the makers of Heavy Rain. BEYOND: Two Souls is an interactive psychological action thriller starring Oscar nominee Ellen Page (Inception, Juno) in the lead role of Jodie Holmes. Yes, I know, Ellen Page — pretty awesome!

Ever since she was born, Jodie has always been different from everyone else. She possesses supernatural powers through her psychic link to an invisible entity she calls Aiden, and this gift has changed her life forever.
In BEYOND: Two Souls you will experience the most striking moments of Jodie’s life as your actions and decisions determine her fate. You’ll also be able to take full control of both Jodie and the entity in spectacular action and adventure scenes. And as Jodie traverses the globe, you will face incredible challenges in emotionally charged events never before seen in a video game.

BEYOND: Two Souls also features a brand-new game engine and will be one of the best-looking games ever seen on a PS3.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...to-the-beyond/

Nathan 06-05-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KALEL114 (Post 23435987)

Totally. :funny:

Destructus86 06-11-2012 01:36 PM

Re: Quantic Dream's Beyond

Well. I am now the proud owner of a PS3.

This game sold me. Also, Heavy Rain and Uncharted series.

Chrisbarnes182 07-27-2012 06:43 AM

O am so excited about this.

I hope this lives up to the expectations they left from Heavy Rain which was Epic.

Soapy 07-30-2012 02:56 PM

David Cage is not interested in giving players fun.

Quote:

"My goal is to surprise people, to give them something they want without knowing they want it," he tells us. "I want to create an emotional journey, a unique experience.
Quote:

"I am not interested in giving them 'fun', I want to give them meaning; I don't want to challenge their thumbs, I want to challenge their minds."
Quote:

"Maybe this is irrelevant or just overly ambitious," he says. "Maybe this is not what most people out there actually want. But this is the goal I set myself with Beyond: to create something different."

Crockett 07-31-2012 04:24 AM

I get by his point that QD's games aren't what one consider a part of the conventional view of video games as entertainment, none of the games they've made are what I consider to be fun but there's no saying you can't have games that are fun and have meaning but I know that wasn't his point. Anyway Heavy Rain was one heck of an experience and despite some flaws and nitpicks I have I still enjoyed it and here's hoping Beyond will push that envelope.

Spuzz 08-01-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KALEL114 (Post 23435987)

Literally exactly what I was going to post when I saw this thread on here.

Now we get two Ellen Page games...yay?

Gotta say, as much as I love Naughty Dog, I think I've grown to be more itnrigued by Quantic Dream's projects and innovations more.

Really looking forward to this one over The Last of Us.

Chrisbarnes182 08-01-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spuzz (Post 24040553)
Literally exactly what I was going to post when I saw this thread on here.

Now we get two Ellen Page games...yay?

Gotta say, as much as I love Naughty Dog, I think I've grown to be more itnrigued by Quantic Dream's projects and innovations more.

Really looking forward to this one over The Last of Us.

I'm just looking forward to 2 great games

TheBat812 08-01-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soapy (Post 24022119)

Art, not necessarily blatant entertainment. My hats off to him. I loved Heavy Rain, can't wait to see what they come up with next.

zenith16 08-16-2012 11:53 AM

http://4.images.gametrailers.com/ima...t=90&crop=true Beyond: Two Souls

GC 2012: Sandbox Walkthrough (Cam)

Get acquainted with the gameplay mechanics and features of Beyond: Two Souls in this floor presentation from gamescom 2012!

source: GT

Crockett 08-16-2012 05:44 PM

Looks pretty good, it'll be fun exploring the different options you could do in a scenario but I'm going to do my best not to watch too much so it'll keep things fresh for me.

Nathan 08-16-2012 05:58 PM

Same here. I'll watch the occasional trailer, but avoid too much that reveals gameplay and scenarios.

zenith16 10-10-2012 03:51 PM

source: GI