The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Thor: The Dark World (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=386123)

XtremelyBaneful 06-12-2012 02:05 PM

Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
Does anyone know if she will be reprising her role?

lrod557 06-12-2012 02:06 PM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
definitely

XtremelyBaneful 06-12-2012 02:06 PM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
^ is there a source?

Anubis 06-12-2012 02:07 PM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
Boobarific! :up:

LauraT 06-12-2012 02:26 PM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
She's not mentioned on any of the returning cast lists and like Josh Dallas she's a lead character on a TV show, so maybe not. In terms of storyline she'd be easy to write out, especially if Jane spends time away from Earth, but I did like the character so I hope she's in it.

Deejo 06-14-2012 02:03 AM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
The 'Facebook' line from the first movie still doesn't sit well with me. I hate how they put pop references in like that, it dates the movie too much.

But Kat is super hot and I would welcome her return, as long as its short and sweet in the Earth scenes. I wouldn't be too keen on her tagging along to Asgard and making stupid quips at everything she sees.... "This is going on facebook! Oh noes I can't connect from Asgard! (insert random phone company joke here)"

BigThor 06-14-2012 03:07 AM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deejo (Post 23523431)
The 'Facebook' line from the first movie still doesn't sit well with me. I hate how they put pop references in like that, it dates the movie too much.

But Kat is super hot and I would welcome her return, as long as its short and sweet in the Earth scenes. I wouldn't be too keen on her tagging along to Asgard and making stupid quips at everything she sees.... "This is going on facebook! Oh noes I can't connect from Asgard! (insert random phone company joke here)"

It's not that big of a deal really I don't see why people get worked up over it.

Deejo 06-14-2012 04:45 AM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
I'm far from worked up, but I would rather it was a timeless movie, not circa 2010+...

Certainly not a deal breaker, it just sounded forced.

Silvermoth 06-14-2012 05:32 AM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
It was a pretty dodgy line. Very 'wow, we're so young'.

That's not Kat's fault though. I really liked her in the last film. Has she turned up in the comics yet? I'ld love to see more of Kat Dennings.

Nathan 06-14-2012 05:41 AM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
I hope she doesn't return, only because I don't want earth to show up in Thor 2 at all.

BigThor 06-14-2012 06:20 AM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
I want Thor to return to take Jane with him at the start of THOR II, he could even pull out a big strength feat before they leave.

cherokeesam 06-14-2012 09:35 AM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigThor (Post 23524419)
I want Thor to return to take Jane with him at the start of THOR II, he could even pull out a big strength feat before they leave.

Just have Jane sitting there at the observatory in Norway, looking sad and bored, and then Thor crashes through the ceiling, scoops her up, and whisks her away to Asgard without even bothering to say "Hi Jane." ;)

04nbod 06-15-2012 07:59 AM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvermoth (Post 23524137)
It was a pretty dodgy line. Very 'wow, we're so young'.

That's not Kat's fault though. I really liked her in the last film. Has she turned up in the comics yet? I'ld love to see more of Kat Dennings.

Not yet but I want a nurse Darcy :cmad:

Flemm 06-21-2012 04:16 PM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
Feels like Thor 2 could easily run the risk of having too many characters. Thor 1 already did a bit, I think. A lot of the time, you had these little packs of characters running around, especially Sif + the Warriors Three and Darcy, Jane + Selvig.

I like Kat Dennings a lot, but I could see her only appearing at the beginning, as a sort of cameo before Jane goes to Asgard (if that's what happens).

It could be funny to see her interact with Asgardians, provide wry commentary on the wierd things she sees there... So maybe she goes with Jane, I guess. Not sure how much time I really want to see spent on that, though.

Ajendo 08-26-2012 06:20 AM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
Well well well, looks like kat will be back with an even bigger role.

Nathan 08-26-2012 07:44 AM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
Disappointing. I was hoping that this Movie would be free of humans and earth.

Ash Talon 08-28-2012 06:01 PM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
I can see Darcy getting pulled along with Jane into an Asgardian realm. Either by Thor or Thor's enemies. If these earth ladies are hanging out with Asgardian's, I wonder if Darcy will attract the affection of any Asgardians. Perhaps one of the Warrior Three?

American Maid 08-28-2012 06:15 PM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash Talon (Post 24226299)
I can see Darcy getting pulled along with Jane into an Asgardian realm. Either by Thor or Thor's enemies. If these earth ladies are hanging out with Asgardian's, I wonder if Darcy will attract the affection of any Asgardians. Perhaps one of the Warrior Three?

Well, there's a Thor 1 script on line with this exchange:

Fandral: Are all earth maidens as fair as you?
(Darcy enjoys the attention)
Darcy: No.

(Maybe someone can say if it's in one of the deleted scenes on the Blu-ray.)

So yeah, that sounds plausible.

metaphysician 08-28-2012 06:34 PM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
Here's a thought: maybe the climax of the movie will involve the Warriors Three ( and Sif! ) holding the line against the Dark Elves on the Earth-side of the faerie portal, while Thor dukes it out with Malekith and Kurse on the other side? If something vaguely like that happens, it might lead to Thor taking Jane on a tour of cosmos, while the Warriors Three hang out on Earth with Darcy and Selvig. ;)

American Maid 08-28-2012 06:51 PM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
FWIW, I don't think Jane's going to go on the tour of the cosmos. (though I could see Jane and Thor having an argument about that).

A while back, someone, maybe on this particular thread, speculated about Darcy and Erik acting as "dispatchers", perhaps on Earth. Actually, I think that's what Jane and Erik will do from Asgard. Darcy would be there too because she's part of the team working on these Einstein-Rosen bridges.

Baneis8feettall 08-28-2012 07:37 PM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
http://www.magxone.com/uploads/2011/...-Complex-4.jpg

Marvel, just bring her back...with better dress.:hrt:

Spuzz 08-30-2012 12:59 PM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
I hope her character dies in the interval between the two films and is briefly mentioned in passing and in a disrespectful way as well. Then have Thor spit ale on a photo of her and laugh. Credits.

Anubis 08-30-2012 01:01 PM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
....

American Maid 08-30-2012 01:01 PM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spuzz (Post 24237203)
I hope her character dies in the interval between the two films and is briefly mentioned in passing and in a disrespectful way as well. Then have Thor spit ale on a photo of her and laugh. Credits.

Don't hold back; tell us what you really think! :oldrazz:

marcvader 08-30-2012 01:06 PM

Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
 
She looks like she's trimmed down a bit going by her face in that picture. No like. :(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.