The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Avengers Sequels (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=446)
-   -   Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=387291)

spideymouse 06-28-2012 09:30 AM

Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

Awwww yeeeah it's the inevitable question must be asked whenever Joss Whedon's involved on a project (I mean, Hero probably ACTUALLY dies in Much Ado About Nothing).

Someone will probably die in Avengers 2. It will probably be someone you grow to like. Who would you want it to be/be okay with it being?

geoffdog77 06-28-2012 10:28 AM

Re: Who would you let Joss Whedon kill in Avengers 2?

HULK! one way they can freshen up the line up is to have them just die. it would definitely raise the stakes, and free up positions on the team. like oh hey hulk is dead, we need a new hulk here's she-hulk

Baneis8feettall 06-28-2012 10:48 AM

Iron Man,Thor,Captain America,Hulk are the superstars.Black Widow is only female in Avengers. Nick Furry = S.H.I.E.L.D.

If someone gonna die, it's gotta be someone we already know and someone we might feel pity for.It's doesn't change anything if some unknown shield agent get killed.I say Hawkeye is expandable.

spideymouse 06-28-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baneis8feettall (Post 23669841)
I say Hawkeye is expandable.

I couldn't find an expandable Hawkeye, but I did find this...

Baneis8feettall 06-28-2012 11:24 AM

Disposable i mean, my english sucks...He is not major character but team member.Weakest link.

spideymouse 06-28-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baneis8feettall (Post 23670193)
Disposable i mean, my english sucks...He is not major character but team member.Weakest link.

Hehe I was just playing around, buddy. I don't know if Hawkeye is expendable. I know that he got the short end of the stick in TA, but a fully realized characterization of Hawkeye would add a certain dynamic to the Avengers that would be lost without him. Unfortunately, Whedon did not show that very well in this past movie. I guess he could develop that in TA2 and get audiences to love him...then Whedon could kill him off. Jerk.

DrCosmic 06-28-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Iron Man,Thor,Captain America,Hulk are the superstars.Black Widow is only female in Avengers. Nick Furry = S.H.I.E.L.D.

If someone gonna die, it's gotta be someone we already know and someone we might feel pity for.It's doesn't change anything if some unknown shield agent get killed.I say Hawkeye is expandable.

This is everything I was going to say.

spideymouse 06-28-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

If someone gonna die, it's gotta be someone we already know and someone we might feel pity for.It's doesn't change anything if some unknown shield agent get killed.

I agree about this, since it's Whedon's MO. But TA2 will presumably cap off the MCU's Phase Two. Could they not have already built up some new characters through IM2, Thor 2 and CA2 and whatever other Phase Two movies come out, that by the time we get to TA2 we would know/feel pity for a newer character who gets killed?

Franklin Richards 06-28-2012 01:39 PM

Captain Marvel. Or The Sentry if it's the opening scene.

:cap: :cap: :cap:

OrangeCloud 06-28-2012 03:03 PM

Nick Fury.

All hail Director Stark.

JB-the-Hunter 06-28-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCloud (Post 23672569)
Nick Fury.

All hail Director Stark.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hhQFnvigfO...soldier-02.jpg

Da Games Elite 06-28-2012 06:27 PM

I say Nick Fury. It would be a great way to make Thanos a major threat, to completely take away the reason the Avengers gathered together in the first place. I also feel that Thanos should be a multi-film threat, like last from Phase 2 into Phase 3.

Thanos needs to kill Nick Fury. It'll mean that a really familiar element is now gone, something Joss Wheadon loves to take away. More than that, the organization of Shield would collapsed upon itself, which would have a huge impact on the MCU. The Avengers would need to reorganize themselves into their own group, and that...will cause **** to go down.

cherokeesam 06-28-2012 06:27 PM

Darcy Lewis, Maria Hill, and Jar-Jar Binks. That's pretty much it.

CinematicESP 06-28-2012 06:42 PM

Nick Fury would be a good move for the reasons listed above. I like the idea of the Avengers having to define themselves without SHIELD.

And yeah, Hawkeye.

I could see them killing Iron Man off when RDJ finally has enough and decides to stop doing these movies, or when he becomes too expensive for Marvel's comfort. Recasting would be a mistake.

Da Games Elite 06-28-2012 08:14 PM

Another interesting idea would be to kill off Captain America in the Avengers 3, and have Winter Soldier replace him...until maybe he's brought back in Captain America 4 or Avengers 4.

cherokeesam 06-28-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinematicESP (Post 23674959)
Nick Fury would be a good move for the reasons listed above. I like the idea of the Avengers having to define themselves without SHIELD.

And yeah, Hawkeye.

I could see them killing Iron Man off when RDJ finally has enough and decides to stop doing these movies, or when he becomes too expensive for Marvel's comfort. Recasting would be a mistake.

lolno

Captain_Obvious 06-28-2012 08:30 PM

Iron Man - so I could sit through the sequel without rolling my eyes.

Kahran Ramsus 06-28-2012 09:15 PM

Hank Pym. I've never really been a fan of the character. I'd say Hawkeye, but he just spent much of the last film brainwashed and they bump him off in the second, it would remind me of how Cyclops was handled in the X-Men series and that is not a good thing. Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America & Thor are too important to kill. Fury is too obvious. Black Widow is the only one of the original Avengers that is female and thus killing her would look bad and result in allegations of sexism. That leaves one of the next breed of heroes, and Pym is the obvious choice.

ihatebatgirl 06-28-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Obvious (Post 23676097)
Iron Man - so I could sit through the sequel without rolling my eyes.

nope, only in ur fanfics.

Black Widow needs to go or at least be re-cast. scarjo is wretched.

spideymouse 06-29-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus (Post 23676651)
Hank Pym. I've never really been a fan of the character. I'd say Hawkeye, but he just spent much of the last film brainwashed and they bump him off in the second, it would remind me of how Cyclops was handled in the X-Men series and that is not a good thing. Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America & Thor are too important to kill. Fury is too obvious. Black Widow is the only one of the original Avengers that is female and thus killing her would look bad and result in allegations of sexism. That leaves one of the next breed of heroes, and Pym is the obvious choice.

Hmmm... With Edgar Wright's Ant-Man movie possibly incorporating both Pym and Scott Lang, I guess it's possible that they could kill Pym and still have Ant-Man around. I would wish that none of the Avengers die, but I guess the stakes need to be high somehow.

sauronthegreat 06-29-2012 07:36 AM

I would like the sequel to deal with Ultron and destruction of SHIELD, killing Nick Fury, Widow and Hawkeye.

Silvermoth 06-29-2012 06:13 PM

Hawkeye sort of fits his rule a bit. Whenever someone is happy in a relationship, kill one of them off.

Nick Fury would be interesting, even if it was just a ploy for him to work underground. It would be interesting for Maria. It'll be a shame to loose someone like SLJ though.

Roose Bolton 06-30-2012 03:37 AM

They could potentially kill Hulk, not like he's got a franchise that they're committed to...but I'd hate to see them lose Ruffalo :(

hopefuldreamer 06-30-2012 08:00 AM

I really loved Black Widow, she was my favourite character in the film... but I could see them killing her off.

Firstly, it'd be great emotionally and dramatically to see how it would effect Hawkeye (and give him a bit more of an involvement in the plot). I mean, we saw how much BW fought for him, i'd say he'd take it pretty hard and go on a vegeance trip.

We all know Joss is not afraid to kill off characters that people adore, especially one's that are emotionally linked in any way with another character. The more important a person is to another character, the bigger the effect on the audience. So she's certainly not safe.

And it'd be an interesting dynamic in the group if another female character was introduced and had to deal with fighting to be accepted, because all they saw was an attempted replacement for BW.

Plus, she has that whole 'making up for her past wrongs' angle. If she died in some final moment of sacrifice, they could play that angle out that she might finally have made up for all that blood on her hands and truly become a selfless heroine.

Bruce_Begins 06-30-2012 08:22 AM

Any one from - Happy Hogan, Dr. Selvig, Darcy, Maria Hill.

maybe even Jarvis.