The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Iron Man 3 (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=492)
-   -   The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=388957)

Thread Manager 07-17-2012 06:46 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 2
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 07-17-2012 06:46 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

darkslayer101 07-17-2012 06:46 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 2
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superhero 101 (Post 23885333)
I am guessing this will be the New suit for the money and they will save Extremis for Avengers 2

it is confirmed that there are multiple armors and the footage shown at comic con is an early version of extremis....
like in the motion comic tony is just attaching electrical signals in this forearm to suit up and then later using this tech and extremis together to form the final armor

The Infernal 07-17-2012 09:27 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
Is there any word on when we can expect that trailer to hit the net?

Webfoot Hero 07-17-2012 10:00 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Infernal (Post 23889059)
Is there any word on when we can expect that trailer to hit the net?

I'd say probably not until maybe they are done with filming.

cherokeesam 07-17-2012 10:13 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
Quote:

But I just doubt they'd have the military blow-up Stark's house like it was nothing. That just seems really heavy-handed to deal with Stark, who seems to be fairly well-liked by the public. Imagine the s***-storm the government would be in if they blew up a private citizen's house into the ocean. I'd think after the incidents from The Avengers, the government would actually ease up a bit on Stark, except for maybe that Senator who wanted a hero registration.
Ever hear of Waco, or Ruby Ridge.....?

If the US government chooses to make Tony Stark an enemy of the state (regardless of the actual truth of such a description), they wouldn't hesitate to call down artillery on his ass...ets.

"Posse comitatus" in U.S. law is usually translated as "toilet paper."

darkslayer101 07-17-2012 11:00 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Infernal (Post 23889059)
Is there any word on when we can expect that trailer to hit the net?

at first i thought it would be around December 2012 (considering that IM2 trailer came out December 2009) but learning that the comic con footage had a trailer format, i am thinking late october to early november...

Webfoot Hero 07-17-2012 11:38 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 23889739)
Ever hear of Waco, or Ruby Ridge.....?

If the US government chooses to make Tony Stark an enemy of the state (regardless of the actual truth of such a description), they wouldn't hesitate to call down artillery on his ass...ets.

"Posse comitatus" in U.S. law is usually translated as "toilet paper."

While it could very well be military helicopters, I just feel it's more likely the Mandarin and his forces doing it, based mainly on the description of the scene making it seem like the Mandarin would do everything he could to silence Stark:
Quote:

The final big set piece was when a bunch of helicopters with rocket launchers come and destroy Tony's giant house, causing it to tumble into the sea. Tony gets into the Iron Man armor in time, but Pepper Potts is also caught in the disaster. And Tony watches all his spare Iron Man suits blowing up one by one. Tony is flung out into the water and carried down by the undertow. Over this, the voice of the Mandarin says, "Some people call me a terrorist. I consider myself a teacher. Lesson number one: Heroes. There is no such thing. As you cry out for mercy, you will be silenced."

TheSkyCracker 07-17-2012 11:44 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
I would think The Hobbit would be a good target for theatrical release. If the trailer is ready, Skyfall might be a nice option too.

Webfoot Hero 07-17-2012 11:50 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSkyCracker (Post 23890859)
I would think The Hobbit would be a good target for theatrical release. If the trailer is ready, Skyfall might be a nice option too.

With that movie coming out in mid-December, that's probably about where I'd expect the first IM trailer to come out. I seem to remember trailers for the previous IM movies coming out around that time.

thalidomide 07-17-2012 11:51 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
Can't wait to see the comic-con footage, I hope Marvel release it ASAP :D

cherokeesam 07-18-2012 12:24 AM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero (Post 23890771)
While it could very well be military helicopters, I just feel it's more likely the Mandarin and his forces doing it, based mainly on the description of the scene making it seem like the Mandarin would do everything he could to silence Stark:

Could be, but I'm going with the premise that Tony will be alone for a good portion of this movie. Based on Black's comments about getting Tony back to the cave, back to where he has to rely on himself instead of others. If it was simply a matter of Mandarin hurling a mercenary army at Avenger Iron Man, The World's Most Favoritest Supahh-Hero and all that jazz, I don't see how Tony would wind up being alone in his battle; he'd have lots of buddies to help him out against that mean ol' Mandarin. I'm more inclined to believe Tony becomes an outcast and outlaw, and has to win back his reputation and standing.

Webfoot Hero 07-18-2012 02:41 AM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 23891339)
Could be, but I'm going with the premise that Tony will be alone for a good portion of this movie. Based on Black's comments about getting Tony back to the cave, back to where he has to rely on himself instead of others. If it was simply a matter of Mandarin hurling a mercenary army at Avenger Iron Man, The World's Most Favoritest Supahh-Hero and all that jazz, I don't see how Tony would wind up being alone in his battle; he'd have lots of buddies to help him out against that mean ol' Mandarin. I'm more inclined to believe Tony becomes an outcast and outlaw, and has to win back his reputation and standing.

I'm more into the thought that maybe the Mandarin starts to sabotage Stark and Stark Industries to make him have a falling out with all those close to him, leaving him and his reputation in tatters.

Superhero 101 07-18-2012 03:11 AM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
I just wish marvel releases a official pic of Kingsley as mandarin

Iron-Fan 07-18-2012 05:43 AM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
http://www.starnewsonline.com/apps/p...95&Ref=PH&pl=1

I think this movie is going to be rated R, because if those people Iron Man is holding are supposed to be holding the other ones up, they are going to get their arms ripped off. :whatever: :woot:

According to latinoreview, these people are being saved from Air Force One chrashing.

Dark Raven 07-18-2012 07:49 AM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
How come no-one was suspended directly over that woman with the short skirt who has her legs in the air? :woot:

"_____" 07-18-2012 12:50 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
I really hope Gweneth doesn't suit up in this movie....

side note, I know it can't be posted on here.... but did the footage from comic con make it onto the webs? Also, what about ant man footage?

Superhero 101 07-18-2012 12:52 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron-Fan (Post 23893409)
http://www.starnewsonline.com/apps/p...95&Ref=PH&pl=1

I think this movie is going to be rated R, because if those people Iron Man is holding are supposed to be holding the other ones up, they are going to get their arms ripped off. :whatever: :woot:

According to latinoreview, these people are being saved from Air Force One chrashing.

I am so curious as to what the heck is going on in this scene.

cherokeesam 07-18-2012 01:55 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero (Post 23892457)
I'm more into the thought that maybe the Mandarin starts to sabotage Stark and Stark Industries to make him have a falling out with all those close to him, leaving him and his reputation in tatters.

Agreed; but what better way to do that than to turn his own country against him?

spideymouse 07-18-2012 02:29 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 23896873)
Agreed; but what better way to do that than to turn his own country against him?

That's what Vanko was trying to do in Iron Man 2, and it did cause people to start doubting him. If that escalates to fully outlawing Iron Man in IM3 and they tie Vanko's efforts in with The Mandarin, that would be hot.

darkslayer101 07-18-2012 03:00 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spideymouse (Post 23897437)
That's what Vanko was trying to do in Iron Man 2, and it did cause people to start doubting him. If that escalates to fully outlawing Iron Man in IM3 and they tie Vanko's efforts in with The Mandarin, that would be hot.

i think it would be quite difficult to destroy tony's reputation since he was the one who send the nuke to end the war in the avengers and gained widespread recognition..
But i was thinkin like Mandarin makes everyone believe Tony is dead and break the hopes of the people or something like that...

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs 07-18-2012 07:18 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
Here's hoping we get a new trailer before the end of the year

Sebastos 07-18-2012 07:24 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron-Fan (Post 23893409)
http://www.starnewsonline.com/apps/p...95&Ref=PH&pl=1

I think this movie is going to be rated R, because if those people Iron Man is holding are supposed to be holding the other ones up, they are going to get their arms ripped off. :whatever: :woot:

According to latinoreview, these people are being saved from Air Force One chrashing.

Interesting.

darkslayer101 07-18-2012 11:03 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs (Post 23901485)
Here's hoping we get a new trailer before the end of the year

we will definitely get a trailer before the end of the year...the only thing is i dont want it to be released like on Dec 25th

Crimson King 07-18-2012 11:07 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3
 
I expect we'll get a teaser around October or so, with a real one close to the end of December/early January. Just a guess, though.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.