The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Guardians of the Galaxy Sequels (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   Future team member discussion (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=389125)

KangConquers 07-18-2012 04:38 PM

Future team member discussion
 
Who would you like to see in GOTG 2 in the event of a sequel?

obin_gam 07-18-2012 04:44 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
Phyla-Vell/Martyr was one of the best things in the modern incarnation so I would love to see her!

Chewy 07-18-2012 04:51 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
I want to see Warlock and Mantis the most. I'm kinda surprised Warlock isn't going to be in the first one

Darthphere 07-18-2012 08:07 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by obin_gam (Post 23900247)
Phyla-Vell/Martyr was one of the best things in the modern incarnation so I would love to see her!

If by best you mean worst, sure.

I'd be the happiest person ever if she never appeared but I know she eventually will if we get sequels.

Darthphere 07-18-2012 11:11 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
You know who I totally forgot about, you guys remember Wraith? I remember him not being that great during Conquest.

Jake Cassidy 07-19-2012 04:33 AM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
Moondragon and Mantis

JB-the-Hunter 07-19-2012 06:06 AM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
Captain Marvel or Nova

Chewy 07-19-2012 06:27 AM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
The problem with Nova is how similar he is to Star-Lord.

Darthphere 07-19-2012 10:05 AM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
Nova has spin-off appeal from a marketing stand point. He's also kind of similar to Green Lantern especially if you intro the Nova Corps. But I think there's something to like about a regular Earth human becoming Nova (again, GL similarities).

KangConquers 07-19-2012 07:18 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darthphere (Post 23904431)
You know who I totally forgot about, you guys remember Wraith? I remember him not being that great during Conquest.

Trying to forget him...

KangConquers 07-19-2012 07:20 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darthphere (Post 23908723)
Nova has spin-off appeal from a marketing stand point. He's also kind of similar to Green Lantern especially if you intro the Nova Corps. But I think there's something to like about a regular Earth human becoming Nova (again, GL similarities).

Because Green Lantern is such a successful property that we want Marvel to pattern Tent Poles after.

Oh Wait...

Darthphere 07-19-2012 07:23 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KangConquers (Post 23914391)
Because Green Lantern is such a successful property that we want Marvel to pattern Tent Poles after.

Oh Wait...

I was actually speaking out against a Nova movie. :o People would just see it as GL ripoff and thats where the trouble comes in. Hence why they should corral all their cosmic characters into GotG


But unlike DC/WB, Marvel makes good comic book movies. Double :o:o

KangConquers 07-19-2012 07:30 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darthphere (Post 23914425)
I was actually speaking out against a Nova movie. :o People would just see it as GL ripoff and thats where the trouble comes in. Hence why they should corral all their cosmic characters into GotG


But unlike DC/WB, Marvel makes good comic book movies. Double :o:o

I really want Adam to show up in this one. If he did I'd be fine with Nova in #2.

Nova, Adam, and Star-Lord all deserve a certain degree of focus on their origins, as do the Inhumans (Though theirs would be in a movie of their own.) Beyond that, I'm fine with characters taking more "supporting" roles.

Darthphere 07-19-2012 07:34 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
Yeah Inhumans are big enough to warrant their own movie. Jenkins and Lee Inhumans mini would be perfect.


How do you feel about the Shi'ar? Chances of them showing up in X-Men are slim. Seems like another alien race to tap into at some point after the Kree, Skrulls etc.

KangConquers 07-19-2012 07:37 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darthphere (Post 23914497)
Yeah Inhumans are big enough to warrant their own movie. Jenkins and Lee Inhumans mini would be perfect.


How do you feel about the Shi'ar? Chances of them showing up in X-Men are slim. Seems like another alien race to tap into at some point after the Kree, Skrulls etc.

All fair game to me. I'm up for any annihilation/ conquest/ war of kings/ thanos imperative character except for Wraith.

Darthphere 07-19-2012 07:41 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
Hahahaha, poor Wraith.

KangConquers 07-19-2012 07:48 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darthphere (Post 23914549)
Hahahaha, poor Wraith.

He was just a giant 90s cliche. "This new character...is more bad ass than any other character you've ever heard of ever."

Darthphere 07-19-2012 07:49 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
He was supposed to be Clint Eastwood....big fail there.

KangConquers 07-19-2012 07:50 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darthphere (Post 23914623)
He was supposed to be Clint Eastwood....big fail there.

Was he really based on Clint?!?!

Darthphere 07-19-2012 07:52 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
I remember them talking about how they were inspired by The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

KangConquers 07-19-2012 07:54 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darthphere (Post 23914655)
I remember them talking about how they were inspired by The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

That's my favorite movie of all time...

I'll have to re-read it in that context, but I remember feeling like he was shoe-horned in.

Darthphere 07-19-2012 07:54 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
I mean, he has his poncho and everything lol.

KangConquers 07-19-2012 07:56 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
Oh wow. Yeah. I think I'm going to re-read all of that cosmic stuff again.

Darthphere 07-19-2012 08:20 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
Yeah I went through the longboxes and started pulling out the Annihilation stuff.

Tissues 07-21-2012 09:05 PM

Re: Future team member discussion
 
I would love to see Nova, but not Sam Alexander


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.