The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Man of Steel (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=390275)

Thread Manager 07-29-2012 02:42 PM

Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 3

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 07-29-2012 02:42 PM

Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread - Part 1

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

GreenKToo 07-29-2012 02:42 PM

Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread - Part 2

Wing?? I think he is talking about when supes breaks the sound barrier and the white curtain surrounds him, but i could be wrong.....

BH/HHH 07-29-2012 02:49 PM

Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread - Part 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenKToo (Post 24013929)
Wing?? I think he is talking about when supes breaks the sound barrier and the white curtain surrounds him, but i could be wrong.....

Oh maybe but it doesnt look like a wing to me lol

ThePowerCosmic 07-29-2012 03:06 PM

Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread - Part 3

It only looks like that because he's getting ready to break the sound barrier. Other Superman movies haven't shown it like that before. I think Iron Man did something similar in his first movie, though.

BH/HHH 07-29-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic (Post 24014145)
It only looks like that because he's getting ready to break the sound barrier. Other Superman movies haven't shown it like that before. I think Iron Man did something similar in his first movie, though.

Oh yeah I know, just someone said something about a wing and GreenKtoo reckons he meant the cloud. We were just speculating what the guy thought might be a wing.

KalMart 07-29-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic (Post 24014145)

SR did it twice, no?

GreenKToo 07-29-2012 06:04 PM

^ I know of once for sure..can't remember the second one.

Dark_Lord 07-29-2012 06:35 PM

Twice is correct.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

ThePowerCosmic 07-29-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalMart (Post 24014259)
SR did it twice, no?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenKToo (Post 24015351)
^ I kinow of once for sure..can't remember the second one.

You guys are probably right, I don't remember SR well enough to say for sure.

Doctor Jones 07-29-2012 06:48 PM

Don't worry dude. Not a lot of us really do.

Bren 07-29-2012 07:00 PM

You guys have got it all wrong. He's hitch-hiking because he's lost his powers. He then hears there's a magical fish that can restore them so that's why he's there.

The fish gives him gas, and that's the 'wing' people see when he's flying; supergas.

DorkyFresh 07-29-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Lord (Post 24015557)
Twice is correct.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Those sonic booms seemed so tame. BS should've done some sporting before he did SR so he can remember was adrenaline rushes feel like.

Kal-El.9859 07-30-2012 01:54 AM

Off topic of the sonic boom and all but the lack of the cape flowing in the wind while he's flying in the trailer bugs me. To me, it looks like it is laying on his back...it's kinda been buggin me a bit. Anyone else notice that?

UaalaDan 07-30-2012 02:49 AM

:facepalm: Is that a serious question and concern?? WTF! It's flowing, dude. But he is going super fast and straight up so you won't see the cape flowing in every direction when that happens. This has to be the most stupid criticism I've ever seen on these boards.

Kal-El.9859 07-30-2012 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UaalaDan (Post 24018781)
:facepalm: Is that a serious question and concern?? WTF! It's flowing, dude. But he is going super fast and straight up so you won't see the cape flowing in every direction when that happens. This has to be the most stupid criticism I've ever seen on these boards.

I don't mean like waving and all but it just looks like its laying there. I was just wondering if it might just be unfinished cgi or whatever. No need to be an ass about it

Frontier 07-30-2012 04:53 AM

2nd Trailer/First FULL Trailer Thread

So when do you think we'll get such? Will they hold it back for December, or will we get it by Thanksgiving? Will they pair it with "The Hobbit" in mid-December? Or hold it back for a Warner Bros. film (Great Gatsby) at Christmas?

Do you think they'll recycle much of the comic-con trailer for it? Or will it be totally new (sans some common imagery, I'm sure)

Is there any specific part of the comic-con trailer you'll be upset if not included?

Will we get to hear Cavill, or more Jonathan and/or Jor'el voice-over?

BH/HHH 07-30-2012 05:21 AM

Re: 2nd Trailer/First FULL Trailer Thread

Definitely December with the Hobbit. I'm still holding out hope they'l do an 8 minute preview or a portion of the film (like Nolans done with the Batman series) with IMAX showings of the Hobbit. If we were to get it earlier which I find unlikely it'd probably be with Twilight.

I reckon it'l have some stuff from the Comic Con trailer for sure, I wouldn't care if they took out the bit with the bus cause after that is when the Comic Con trailer really kicks in. I reckon they'll probably show more Superman in action in the next trailer though.

Kal-El.9859 07-30-2012 05:32 AM

I hope sooner rather than later and I hope it has some of the Con footage in it. I'd really like to hear more of Cavill as Clark AND Superman...switch it up a little

Radioactive1980 07-30-2012 05:46 AM

I predict it will be paired with The Hobbit.

I'll watch that one, the first trailer, but after that I won't watch trailer 2 or 3 as they tend to give too much away.

Kal-El.9859 07-30-2012 05:54 AM

I'm dying for footage from this film! I can't friggin stand it!

Project862006 07-30-2012 06:00 AM

2 shots i really want that were in CC trailer

- clark on fire

- shot of superman entering FOS in silhouette form with cape blowing in wind

Kal-El.9859 07-30-2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project862006 (Post 24019211)
2 shots i really want that were in CC trailer

- clark on fire

- shot of superman entering FOS in silhouette form with cape blowing in wind

I'll see your two scenes and raise you Clark/Superman in the mountain or grave of skulls, whatever it is. I wanna see that in HD...and just because I'm a sucker for the Superman/Lois romance I'd like to see that scene as well

Kryptonian Warrior 07-30-2012 06:15 AM

So I went and saw TDKR in a LieMAX theater yesterday and was the first time that I have seen the teaser in the theater and boy was it awesome! When they showed the flying scene at the end, and he hit that first sonic boom, my chest and my seat were rumbling, because the boom was soooooo deep. I have to say that my theater was SO boring though. There were no reactions to that, The Hobbit or even TDKR. I mean, they sucked!

herolee10 07-30-2012 06:19 AM

Let's hope that Warner Bros. does a better job with promoting Superman when it comes to new footage than how "The Hobbit" is being handled. I mean, the first and only teaser was released like late last year and it's coming out in December of this year, and there hasn't been any new footage/trailer as of yet. You'd think that they'd release a new trailer by now.

So going from that, I hope that Warner Bros. doesn't play the waiting game when it comes to the release of MOS's trailers, let alone on presenting trailers that don't get the excitement level running.