The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Batman World (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   Dc Direct Arkham asylum/ Arkham city figures Discussion (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=391217)

Jokesonuhahaha6 08-08-2012 01:03 PM

Dc Direct Arkham asylum/ Arkham city figures Discussion

This is a discussion regarding to Dc Direct's Arkham Asylum and City figures.

jonathancrane 08-08-2012 01:15 PM

Re: Dc Direct Arkham asylum/ Arkham city figures Discussion

I am thinking of picking them up. The AC Joker Thugs look awesome, so I will probably start with them, then Catwoman, and work my way down the lines.

Jokesonuhahaha6 08-08-2012 01:18 PM

Alot of comic book stores still carry some for retail. I called a few weeks ago and they had an AA harley quinn (i already have one so i didnt pick it up) so you could test ur luck there!

Metropolis_Man 08-08-2012 01:52 PM

I've wanted to start this series for a while noe but have focused more on the TDKR movie masters. Now that I've completed that one I can move over to AC. I did pick up the deluxe Mr. Freeze at my local comic shop for $35 and I like it a lot.

Jokesonuhahaha6 08-08-2012 01:58 PM

I made a Mr. Hammer and Mr. Sickle custom figure and just wanted some feedback. Tell me what u guys think. It was my first custom so go easy on me ;) http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcusto....php?FID=40746

Tyguyhunt007 08-08-2012 02:03 PM

I'm about done with MM and am focusing on this line currently. My comic book store only had Catwoman, Mad Hatter, and Hush. I have all three of those. Finishing up AC should be easy but AA is going to be quite expensive!

action8 08-08-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metropolis_Man (Post 24094949)
I've wanted to start this series for a while noe but have focused more on the TDKR movie masters. Now that I've completed that one I can move over to AC. I did pick up the deluxe Mr. Freeze at my local comic shop for $35 and I like it a lot.

Really $35 for Freeze? Where did you find that? I saw him and wanted him very bad but couldn't justify the $50 price tag.... when he looked no bigger than the other figures....

I have been buying these figures since they hit the shelves....

Jokesonuhahaha6 08-08-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by action8 (Post 24095029)
Really $35 for Freeze? Where did you find that? I saw him and wanted him very bad but couldn't justify the $50 price tag.... when he looked no bigger than the other figures....

I have been buying these figures since they hit the shelves....

Some comic shops have had him on clearence. I started collecting around the same time i just never got the batmans.

action8 08-08-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokesonuhahaha6 (Post 24095115)
Some comic shops have had him on clearence. I started collecting around the same time i just never got the batmans.

I only got the 1st batman they put out... haven't gotten any since ... however I never openned the 1st one glad I didn't he's worth some $$$ but the new one that is out or coming out in the new wave I want him so I can open him

Jokesonuhahaha6 08-08-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by action8 (Post 24095135)
I only got the 1st batman they put out... haven't gotten any since ... however I never openned the 1st one glad I didn't he's worth some $$$ but the new one that is out or coming out in the new wave I want him so I can open him

Yeah, im looking foward to the new batman he looks cool, and according to the amazon picture he comes with explosive gel!

action8 08-08-2012 02:28 PM

Yeah he looks Great!! I like pretty much all the new wave figures... The previous one I just got catwoman and hush

Jokesonuhahaha6 08-08-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by action8 (Post 24095203)
Yeah he looks Great!! I like pretty much all the new wave figures... The previous one I just got catwoman and hush

The riddler is a pretty nice figure too, i just dont like the detective mode batman. It wasn't necessary.

action8 08-08-2012 03:02 PM

Not a big riddler fan so I passed ... Then in the wave before that I got robin ... the infected maskless batman was another unnecessary

action8 08-08-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokesonuhahaha6 (Post 24094985)
I made a Mr. Hammer and Mr. Sickle custom figure and just wanted some feedback. Tell me what u guys think. It was my first custom so go easy on me ;) http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcusto....php?FID=40746

Not bad! Alot better than I could do!! Lol

Jokesonuhahaha6 08-08-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by action8 (Post 24095505)
Not a big riddler fan so I passed ... Then in the wave before that I got robin ... the infected maskless batman was another unnecessary

Alot of the batmans could have been replaced by a better figure :/

Jokesonuhahaha6 08-08-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by action8 (Post 24095515)
Not bad! Alot better than I could do!! Lol

Thanks! :D

action8 08-08-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokesonuhahaha6 (Post 24095565)
Alot of the batmans could have been replaced by a better figure :/

I know right!

Tyguyhunt007 08-08-2012 07:01 PM

How does a figure like Bane become so valuable? I realize almost all of the AA figures go for a lot, but none are anywhere near Bane except for maybe Joker w/ Scarface. Were there not many Bane figures produced?

jonathancrane 08-08-2012 07:04 PM

Replaying Arkham City made me wish they had madw figures for Talia, Strange, and Aaron Cash.

WWheisenberg 08-08-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyguyhunt007 (Post 24097745)
How does a figure like Bane become so valuable? I realize almost all of the AA figures go for a lot, but none are anywhere near Bane except for maybe Joker w/ Scarface. Were there not many Bane figures produced?

I believe that the same amount of each figure was made. Bane was just a much more popular figure than the others, especially because he is humongous! More bang for the buck.

Jokesonuhahaha6 08-08-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWheisenberg (Post 24097933)
I believe that the same amount of each figure was made. Bane was just a much more popular figure than the others, especially because he is humongous! More bang for the buck.

Exactly. Spot on probably why hes so expensive

Metropolis_Man 08-08-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathancrane (Post 24097767)
Replaying Arkham City made me wish they had madw figures for Talia, Strange, and Aaron Cash.

It makes no sense for there not to be a Hugo Strange. Especially since they made those Joker gang members. Replace those two lame figures with Strange and Talia.

Jokesonuhahaha6 08-08-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathancrane (Post 24097767)

Those could have replaced the crappy batmans they gave us!

action8 08-08-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokesonuhahaha6 (Post 24098491)
Those could have replaced the crappy batmans they gave us!

And given us a nightwing .... or a two face

jonathancrane 08-08-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by action8 (Post 24099323)
And given us a nightwing .... or a two face

Actually they made figures for both. Two-Face is packaged with Batman and Nightwing is in Legacy packaging.