The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Dark Knight Rises (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Tom Hardy as Bane XXX (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=392669)

Thread Manager 08-30-2012 08:59 PM

Tom Hardy as Bane XXX
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 08-30-2012 08:59 PM

Tom Hardy as Bane XXIX
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Fudgie 08-30-2012 08:59 PM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXIX
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaD (Post 24239433)
I've already posted and talked about how I didn't enjoy the 8 year exile plot enough already but I'll just point out that with your comment, another reason this would've been that much better is because hypothetically speaking, just make-believe and pretend that Christopher Nolan wanted to come back (or the next director wanted to connect his films loosely) to these movies it leaves open so many possibilities about what could happen in those 8 years as Batman if they chose a prequel if you want to call it that. We all know Nolan is pretty non-linear anyways so yeah. Not to mention the fact that by the time we reached Bruce in TDKR, he'd be a hobbled 40 year-old man. Then it's like, damn, Bruce has been busy. I wonder what's been happening during all those years?

Gah, I'm trying to not let it irritate me so much because it's still the best comic book trilogy but what the hell, I can't get over how much that plot bugged the heck out of me.

Nobody would have believed Nolan would retire Batman for 8 years after TDK unless we heard it from him. It's too stupid to be believed unless you've seen the proof for yourself.

BatLobsterRises 08-30-2012 09:00 PM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXIX
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fudgie (Post 24240413)
Nobody would have believed Nolan would retire Batman for 8 years after TDK unless we heard it from him. It's too stupid to be believed unless you've seen the proof for yourself.

I actually lost a four year bet I had going with my friend about the ending. He bet Batman was going into retirement, I said no way.

I ended up buying his TDKR ticket.

DoomsdayApex 08-31-2012 12:24 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXIX
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fudgie (Post 24240413)
Nobody would have believed Nolan would retire Batman for 8 years after TDK unless we heard it from him. It's too stupid to be believed unless you've seen the proof for yourself.

Yes, Batman has never retired... at all. This is a first in comic history. :o

Anita18 08-31-2012 12:43 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXIX
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex (Post 24241745)
Yes, Batman has never retired... at all. This is a first in comic history. :o

And that's what's so awesome about it. :funny:

Killing or retiring Batman on film has never been done, so either option would have been pretty ballsy. But Bruce has never retired as Batman in any medium, so it's probably the ballsier option. :hehe:

DoomsdayApex 08-31-2012 01:05 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXIX
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anita18 (Post 24241829)
And that's what's so awesome about it. :funny:

Killing or retiring Batman on film has never been done, so either option would have been pretty ballsy. But Bruce has never retired as Batman in any medium, so it's probably the ballsier option. :hehe:

I thought it was ballsy as well.

Other Batfans don't think so, to them, it's not Batman-like. Yet, Batman throwing in the towel isn't relatively new (per se). I thought Nolan executed the ending quite well (and this is coming from someone who loathed the idea of Batman and Catwoman running away together, and John Blake discovering the Batcave).

In my opinion, all these 'stupid-lazy-bad writing' comments are side-splitting. If there's aspect that a fanboy despises, it's automatically labeled **** or low quality. I literally have to take a step back and embrace it. This is the fanboy community we live in, after all. If something isn't on par with fans' imagination, then it sucks. If anyone disagrees, then he or she is an apologist. :funny:

*sighs*

I'm so not looking forward to the Relaunch. I can already see the reactions to the new film.

"This IS Batman! Nolan was nothing but a hack who didn't know what he was doing!''

Anno_Domini 08-31-2012 01:14 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX
 
The title of the thread sounds like a porno.

Anita18 08-31-2012 01:26 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXIX
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex (Post 24241901)
I thought it was ballsy as well.

Other Batfans don't think so, to them, it's not Batman-like. Yet, Batman throwing in the towel isn't relatively new (per se). I thought Nolan executed the ending quite well (and this is coming from someone who loathed the idea of Batman and Catwoman running away together, and John Blake discovering the Batcave).

In my opinion, all these 'stupid-lazy-bad writing' comments are side-splitting. If there's aspect that a fanboy despises, it's automatically labeled **** or low quality. I literally have to take a step back and embrace it. This is the fanboy community we live in, after all. If something isn't on par with fans' imagination, then it sucks. If anyone disagrees, then he or she is an apologist. :funny:

*sighs*

I'm so not looking forward to the Relaunch. I can already see the reactions to the new film.

"This IS Batman! Nolan was nothing but a hack who didn't know what he was doing!''

:funny: Depends on the relaunch. Burton and Schumacher certainly were not closer to Batman in the comics than Nolan was....

But yeah, Nolan's Bruce Wayne actually had an arc, and it necessitated giving up Batman, which was only meant as a tool and a symbol. Comic book Batman no longer has an arc, because he's a paranoid ass-kicking machine. Put to film, he'd be another James Bond, really, than anything else. Which is certainly a path they could take, but it's not one that Nolan wanted for his trilogy.

BatLobsterRises 08-31-2012 01:57 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX
 
I'd like to think the people who liked BB and TDK but not TDKR will not crucify Nolan in the future and let it taint the whole franchise for them. Even if the reboot ends up being closer to the aesthetics of the comics and delights us all with a great balance of seriousness and fun, I'll still always cherish these films for being the real world, dark, balls-to-the-wall version of the Batman mythos that gave Bruce Wayne a full hero's arc.

Just like I'll always cherish Burton's version for being a quirky, moody and visually evocative interpretation that first pulled me into Batman's world as a kid.

BatmanBeyond 08-31-2012 08:16 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXIX
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anita18 (Post 24241999)
:funny: Depends on the relaunch. Burton and Schumacher certainly were not closer to Batman in the comics than Nolan was....

But yeah, Nolan's Bruce Wayne actually had an arc, and it necessitated giving up Batman, which was only meant as a tool and a symbol. Comic book Batman no longer has an arc, because he's a paranoid ass-kicking machine. Put to film, he'd be another James Bond, really, than anything else. Which is certainly a path they could take, but it's not one that Nolan wanted for his trilogy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex (Post 24241901)
I thought it was ballsy as well.

Other Batfans don't think so, to them, it's not Batman-like. Yet, Batman throwing in the towel isn't relatively new (per se). I thought Nolan executed the ending quite well (and this is coming from someone who loathed the idea of Batman and Catwoman running away together, and John Blake discovering the Batcave).

In my opinion, all these 'stupid-lazy-bad writing' comments are side-splitting. If there's aspect that a fanboy despises, it's automatically labeled **** or low quality. I literally have to take a step back and embrace it. This is the fanboy community we live in, after all. If something isn't on par with fans' imagination, then it sucks. If anyone disagrees, then he or she is an apologist. :funny:

*sighs*

I'm so not looking forward to the Relaunch. I can already see the reactions to the new film.

"This IS Batman! Nolan was nothing but a hack who didn't know what he was doing!''

Truer words have never been spoken. I'll add that I'm looking forward to seeing what they are going to do with the relaunch, but definitely not fot the reason Doomsday mentioned. :oldrazz:

aeioulul 08-31-2012 09:02 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anno_Domini (Post 24241923)
The title of the thread sounds like a porno.

Hahahaha

Travesty 08-31-2012 10:27 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX
 
It's the 'ol "all the fanboys label me as an apologist, even though I'm not an apologist, and everybody else is a fanboy" defensive shtick. Christ....

Baneis8feettall 08-31-2012 10:29 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX
 
Movie world =/= Comic book world. If Batman couldn't accomplish his goal, it would mean he failed. This is not comics. In comics, you can always hope for Batman is always be there or he'll end the crime one day. That doesn't work for comics if your main hero isn't Superman or something.

Endless war means mission failed. He accomplished his mission and passed the torch to Johnny Blake if there is something happens.

Beanjuice 09-01-2012 06:25 PM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX
 
One thing has been eating my brain for a couple days now. I know its not all that important, but...How does Bane eat? Surely the gas doesn't completely sustain his body. To be as physically powerful as he is he would need a specific diet and rigorous exercise regimen. I just don't get it. I noticed in the sewers that he had what looked like medical machines near his bed area. Maybe he hooks himself up to those when he needs to rest so he isn't constantly in the mask? I dunno, food for thought.

Deserana 09-01-2012 06:39 PM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX
 
He can probably take it off for a few minutes. He didn't die immediately and didn't look in too much pain when Batman broke it in City Hall more just panicked that it was broken.

Rincewind 09-02-2012 05:01 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX
 
The gas only serves as a painkiller. It doesn't even keep him alive per se, it just prevents the pain from his injuries from overwhelming his senses. I suspect that if he took the mask off and probably hook himself on morphine or something, he could sit to eat with no problem. It sounds like it would be a bother but it's the only explanation I got.

It's either that or he eats through a straw or maybe on some sort of parenteral nutrition. Though this seems unlikely since a large man like him would need to eat a lot of solid and nutritive food to stay in top shape.

Bruce Malone 09-02-2012 05:23 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anno_Domini (Post 24241923)
The title of the thread sounds like a porno.

You can actually see bane XXX featured in The Dark Knight XXX. Pretty decent production values too it appears.


VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

the_scream 09-02-2012 05:39 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXIX
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex (Post 24241901)
I thought it was ballsy as well.

Other Batfans don't think so, to them, it's not Batman-like. Yet, Batman throwing in the towel isn't relatively new (per se). I thought Nolan executed the ending quite well (and this is coming from someone who loathed the idea of Batman and Catwoman running away together, and John Blake discovering the Batcave).

In my opinion, all these 'stupid-lazy-bad writing' comments are side-splitting. If there's aspect that a fanboy despises, it's automatically labeled **** or low quality. I literally have to take a step back and embrace it. This is the fanboy community we live in, after all. If something isn't on par with fans' imagination, then it sucks. If anyone disagrees, then he or she is an apologist. :funny:

*sighs*

I'm so not looking forward to the Relaunch. I can already see the reactions to the new film.

"This IS Batman! Nolan was nothing but a hack who didn't know what he was doing!''

The fact that people are saying the Arkham games portray a better Batman, it wouldn't surprise me. The Arkham games are fun but the stories are absurd, the characters are overdone (including Batman who is annoyingly perfect), and it is shackled by ideas presented in the Animated series. Nolan's films are great because he is willing to make sense of the absurd and give us something original. For example, Bane has never been portrayed as well as he has in TDKR.

The Joker 09-02-2012 09:26 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX
 
The Arkham games butchered Bane. He was laughably bad in them. Especially in Arkham City.

Ant-LOX 09-02-2012 10:07 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX
 
Bane and his henchmen are very organized, I like to think that they would eat a block of food that handles all their nutrients for each day.

And I'm sure a straw could be placed in one of those valves for liquids.

Travesty 09-02-2012 10:11 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXIX
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_scream (Post 24252431)
The fact that people are saying the Arkham games portray a better Batman, it wouldn't surprise me. The Arkham games are fun but the stories are absurd, the characters are overdone (including Batman who is annoyingly perfect), and it is shackled by ideas presented in the Animated series. Nolan's films are great because he is willing to make sense of the absurd and give us something original. For example, Bane has never been portrayed as well as he has in TDKR.

You can still have a better/more accurate portrayal in something, without the story being the best in the world. It happens in the comics all the time.

And I think Bane has been portrayed MUCH better in the comics and animation.

Baneis8feettall 09-02-2012 11:27 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX
 
It's quite boring when you know hero is a mile ahead better than villains in every aspect.Batman was becoming Steven Seagal of comic book characters thanks to animated series. (Superman is probably Chuck Norris)

That's why most of the comics i like, there is a quite challenge for Batman, like in Nolan's movies.(which is quite normal since movies are heavily influenced by those comics)

First two Iron Man movies & Avengers had same problem. Villains were underdog, not the heroes.

Bruce_Begins 09-02-2012 11:35 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX
 
Of course WB will now make Batman more like Bond, who stays young forever and is never injured seriously.

They will make new Batman close to portrayal of Batman in comics and Arkham City games but Nolan's Batman will always feel as the closest thing to having a real Batman on Big screen to me. Nolan's Trilogy will always be special.

The Joker 09-02-2012 11:35 AM

Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX
 
I don't know about Iron Man. Obidiah Stane was a snake in the grass who usurped Tony when he least expected it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.