The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Avengers Sequels (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=446)
-   -   How about the acts of vengeance? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=393481)

KangConquers 09-17-2012 09:55 AM

How about the acts of vengeance?
 
Unlike a Masters of Evil movie (which would require more of a team dynamic, and thus require 1 major villain and a bunch of henchmen) The Acts of Vengeance was a team of big hitters, who got together and switched enemies. An Acts of Vengeance style plotline would also keep the film from getting cluttered with 12 characters on the screen at once, since it would be more a one on one series of battles.

A link for those of you less familiar with the plot line.

Orphix 09-17-2012 10:18 AM

Re: How about the acts of vengeance?
 
The Acts of Vengeance plotline is interesting because it subverts and has it's origins on the very first appearance of the MoE in The Avengers. In AoV the villains swap their adversaries to gain the upper hand. In their first appearance of The Avengers it is the Avengers who swap targets to defeat the MoE.

I'm not so keen on the one main villain and several henchmen style dynamic either. It makes it a little too formulaic somewhat like the first X-men film with Magneto as the leader.

I quite like using the western Silverado as a template (bare with me!) because in that film each protagonist gets their own personal nemesis who actually has an investment in that antogonistic relationship and own plotlines.

KangConquers 09-17-2012 10:28 AM

Re: How about the acts of vengeance?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphix (Post 24332845)
The Acts of Vengeance plotline is interesting because it subverts and has it's origins on the very first appearance of the MoE in The Avengers. In AoV the villains swap their adversaries to gain the upper hand. In their first appearance of The Avengers it is the Avengers who swap targets to defeat the MoE.

I'm not so keen on the one main villain and several henchmen style dynamic either. It makes it a little too formulaic somewhat like the first X-men film with Magneto as the leader.

I quite like using the western Silverado as a template (bare with me!) because in that film each protagonist gets their own personal nemesis who actually has an investment in that antogonistic relationship and own plotlines.

Exactly. You get it.

Instead of getting stuck with a generic Brotherhood of Evil mutants-type team, with one villain and a bunch of lackeys (which is what the Masters of Evil is) we can have that dream Mandarin/ Red Skull / Leader / Loki line-up that people keep pushing in the MOE thread.

The Strategos 09-17-2012 10:40 AM

Re: How about the acts of vengeance?
 
Yeah, I like it! You could do the direction like Kill Bill (I hate that film but anyway) where the fights could take place in seperate sections which gradually reveal both the begining and the end of the overall story. Just an idea.

DrCosmic 09-17-2012 01:14 PM

Re: How about the acts of vengeance?
 
I think Acts of Vengeance can be done with the Masters of Evil, and would prefer it that way. They've already fought their nemeses, why not trade with other like minded individuals. Surey someone might bring them together, an nega-Nick Fury of sorts, but they each function independently. Ultron, imho, could play this nega-Nick Fury role, and then we'd have the best of all worlds.

The Strategos 09-17-2012 02:10 PM

Re: How about the acts of vengeance?
 
Yeah, like!

KangConquers 09-17-2012 02:13 PM

Re: How about the acts of vengeance?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrCosmic (Post 24333457)
I think Acts of Vengeance can be done with the Masters of Evil, and would prefer it that way. They've already fought their nemeses, why not trade with other like minded individuals. Surey someone might bring them together, an nega-Nick Fury of sorts, but they each function independently. Ultron, imho, could play this nega-Nick Fury role, and then we'd have the best of all worlds.

Which would basically just make it the acts of vengeance...not the Masters of Evil...

DrCosmic 09-19-2012 01:40 PM

Re: How about the acts of vengeance?
 
Hmmm... if they use the Masters of Evil characters, then it's the Masters of Evildoing Acts of Vengeance. Perhaps some attack together and some attack separately, perhaps both happen, it's all very fluid, not either or.

KangConquers 09-21-2012 09:28 PM

Re: How about the acts of vengeance?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrCosmic (Post 24344501)
Hmmm... if they use the Masters of Evil characters, then it's the Masters of Evildoing Acts of Vengeance. Perhaps some attack together and some attack separately, perhaps both happen, it's all very fluid, not either or.

True. I guess my point is it's a different dynamic. The Masters of Evil is basically a crime family; you have a hierarchy, with one guy at the top. The Acts of Vengeance was like a meeting of the heads of several crime families.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.