The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Marvel Films (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Big Hero 6 Animated movie (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=399855)

KangConquers 10-29-2012 08:41 AM

Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/06/2...ro-6-breaking/

I'm not incredibly overwhelmed by this either, but frankly I'm shocked that no one is talking about this.

Was this debunked?

Chewy 10-29-2012 11:07 AM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
Seems weird as they presumably don't have the rights to Sunfire and Silver Samurai

KangConquers 10-29-2012 11:30 AM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 24544035)
Seems weird as they presumably don't have the rights to Sunfire and Silver Samurai

The fact that Wolverine has appeared in a Marvel animated movie (Hulk vs.) and a Disney animated series (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes) makes me wonder if Fox has the animated rights to F4 and X-Men characters.

Chewy 10-29-2012 11:33 AM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
I'm sure there's clauses that prevent Marvel from using the characters in theatrical animated films. Otherwise Pixar would be hard at work on a Spider-Man movie right now

Dr Tactics 10-29-2012 11:39 AM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KangConquers (Post 24544115)
The fact that Wolverine has appeared in a Marvel animated movie (Hulk vs.) and a Disney animated series (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes) makes me wonder if Fox has the animated rights to F4 and X-Men characters.

Marvel owns All their characters outside of live action movies.. Marvel owns all animated characters as that was never part of the deals being when they made the movie licensing deals X-Men and Spider-Man animated tv shows were on Fox kids..

My only real question was how Fox tried to sue Marvel over television (Mutant X) when that should have nothing to do with the movies. I still scratch my head about that

KangConquers 10-29-2012 11:45 AM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 24544129)
I'm sure there's clauses that prevent Marvel from using the characters in theatrical animated films. Otherwise Pixar would be hard at work on a Spider-Man movie right now

Very true. Some sort of non-compete clause, though I imagine they could get Fox to agree on Sunfire. With Silver Samurai as the Wolverine's main villain, I doubt we'll see him anywhere near this movie.

ThePowerCosmic 02-24-2013 05:39 PM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
Is this going to be a straight-to-dvd or theatrical release?

Mr. Dent 02-24-2013 05:52 PM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
It's a theatrical release.

ThePowerCosmic 02-24-2013 05:58 PM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
That's really something. It's not a team I'm familiar with, but Disney must have a lot of faith in the director and Marvel to be releasing it as their animated feature for 2014.

Mr. Dent 02-24-2013 06:28 PM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
I think it has potential. I like that they're using an anime-esque art style for it. I probably won't see it in theaters (too embarrassing) but I'll pick it up on BD.

Red Mask 02-24-2013 06:35 PM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
Maybe they're waiting to see how the Wolverine film will turn out because Silver Samurai could confuse the audience.

I'm not really crazy about the concept for some of the characters. It feels like another attempt to impersonate anime and manga. The inclusion of both Sunfire and Silver Samurai are interesting. They're not close but their personalities both waver between the sides of patriotism and nationalism. And they didn't include Psylocke, which is smart.

ThePowerCosmic 02-24-2013 09:21 PM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
Sunfire and Silver Samurai might not be in this version of the team.

ThePowerCosmic 02-24-2013 09:25 PM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Dent (Post 25251075)
I think it has potential. I like that they're using an anime-esque art style for it. I probably won't see it in theaters (too embarrassing) but I'll pick it up on BD.

You must not like watching Disney movies when they're out in theaters.:csad:

Mr. Dent 02-24-2013 09:41 PM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
I'll watch certain Pixar movies.

KangConquers 02-25-2013 12:21 AM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
This movie is apparently going to be released on November 21, 2014. Which means we'll get five Marvel movies that year.

ThePowerCosmic 02-25-2013 05:11 AM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
That's impressive. What's even more impressive is that this will be Marvel's first animated movie with a theatrical release. If Big Hero 6 is successful then I expect more animated theatrical releases but with well-known heroes in the Marvel universe. That's a great way to make more heroes known without giving them live-action films right away.

November 21 is said to be the release date in Spain. Disney currently has an untitled project set for November 7, so that is most likely Big Hero 6. I honestly thought it was going to be King of the Elves instead. I'm not disappointed at all, though.

ThePowerCosmic 02-25-2013 07:49 AM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
I wonder which this movie will be, CGI or hand-drawn? I'd prefer hand-drawn for this, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went the CGI route.

Zarex 02-25-2013 09:45 AM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KangConquers (Post 25255003)
This movie is apparently going to be released on November 21, 2014. Which means we'll get five Marvel movies that year.

And that's five Marvel superhero teams featured on the big screen - six if you count the 60's and modern X-Men teams separately - before DC can muster up a Justice League film.

I can see this film being like a CGI version of the Teen Titans cartoon - anime styling, family-friendly, lots of humor. Though my knowledge of the team is pretty much non-existent, it makes sense for Marvel to explore the superhero activities outside of the US.

JB-the-Hunter 02-25-2013 02:50 PM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
I'd have rather seen a Runaways animated film.

ThePowerCosmic 02-25-2013 03:01 PM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
Same here, but I'll take what I can get. This is a major step for Marvel and Disney.

ShredderX 02-26-2013 01:25 AM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic (Post 25256699)
I wonder which this movie will be, CGI or hand-drawn? I'd prefer hand-drawn for this, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went the CGI route.

God, I hope it's hand drawn. So sick of this CGI crap. One thing I miss about growing up in the 80's and 90's were the big budget, theatrical releases of hand-drawn animated films.

ThePowerCosmic 02-26-2013 01:27 AM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShredderX (Post 25265865)
God, I hope it's hand drawn. So sick of this CGI crap. One thing I miss about growing up in the 80's and 90's were the big budget, theatrical releases of hand-drawn animated films.


I definitely agree. I love CGI(Tangled was beautiful), but I want Disney to do more hand-drawn films like they used to. It shouldn't ever die out.

psylockolussus 02-26-2013 01:58 AM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
This movie is definitely gonna be 3D and CGI.

Is this going to be released under Walt Disney Animated Studios or Pixar?

Its gonna be really interesting to see how will they adapt Silver Samurai especially he's also gonna appear in another movie this year.

ThePowerCosmic 02-26-2013 02:08 AM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by psylockolussus (Post 25266107)
This movie is definitely gonna be 3D and CGI.

Is this going to be released under Walt Disney Animated Studios or Pixar?

Its gonna be really interesting to see how will they adapt Silver Samurai especially he's also gonna appear in another movie this year.

Walt Disney Animated Studios. Pixar sticks to their own original ideas, and probably won't be doing a Marvel movie anytime soon.

I don't think Silver Samurai will be in this movie, I think they'll have other heroes instead.

Red Mask 02-26-2013 05:10 AM

Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter (Post 25259911)
I'd have rather seen a Runaways animated film.

We should get a live-action Runaways movie!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.