The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Iron Man 3 (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=492)
-   -   Stinger Speculation (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=404243)

PyroChamber 11-16-2012 04:35 AM

Stinger Speculation
 
I didn't see a thread about this, I know it's too early to know but what does everyone think we'll see after the end credits this time around?

LokiDionysos 11-16-2012 05:21 AM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
Something to do with AIM that connects to Thor 2 (Jane Foster ends up kidnapped by them), and sets up Captain America 2 (Baron Zemo reveals some of the plan and takes control of AIM from Tetterington after Mandarin disappears). A resurfaced Hydra is teased.

Since it seems we're getting formally introduced to AIM in this movie, it could be revealed that they're up to a lot more than whatever we see in the movie.
In Captain America 2 this could be expanded on and it could end with Shield/Cap(and the team) vs AIM, Winter Soldier, and Zemo.
AIM would have secretly kept Hydra alive all these years after it moved into Russia, but Mandarin didn't know this. He was using AIM for his own means.

cherokeesam 11-16-2012 07:12 AM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
End credits: A pair of shadowy figures appears in Stark's new home (wherever that might be). Male voice says: "You think your team is the only team? I still believe in heroes....doesn't matter what world they're from."

Peter Quill steps forward into the light, followed by a beautiful green-skinned alien girl. "We're putting together a new initiative, to guard the galaxy from the greatest threat it's ever faced...."

mkilban2 11-16-2012 09:10 AM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 24649027)
End credits: A pair of shadowy figures appears in Stark's new home (wherever that might be). Male voice says: "You think your team is the only team? I still believe in heroes....doesn't matter what world they're from."

Peter Quill steps forward into the light, followed by a beautiful green-skinned alien girl. "We're putting together a new initiative, to guard the galaxy from the greatest threat it's ever faced...."

whoa.. got chill's reading that haha, and I know nothing about GotG. Another!

jaqua99 11-16-2012 11:29 AM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 24649027)
End credits: A pair of shadowy figures appears in Stark's new home (wherever that might be). Male voice says: "You think your team is the only team? I still believe in heroes....doesn't matter what world they're from."

Peter Quill steps forward into the light, followed by a beautiful green-skinned alien girl. "We're putting together a new initiative, to guard the galaxy from the greatest threat it's ever faced...."

hell no lol. Ironman is NOT to become a guardian. not in the MCU

cherokeesam 11-16-2012 12:50 PM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaqua99 (Post 24650057)
hell no lol. Ironman is NOT to become a guardian. not in the MCU

Hope not.
But I was just joking based on the latest installment of the GOTG comic book.

TheHeatKitchen 11-16-2012 03:12 PM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LokiDionysos (Post 24648833)
Something to do with AIM that connects to Thor 2 (Jane Foster ends up kidnapped by them), and sets up Captain America 2 (Baron Zemo reveals some of the plan and takes control of AIM from Tetterington after Mandarin disappears). A resurfaced Hydra is teased.

Since it seems we're getting formally introduced to AIM in this movie, it could be revealed that they're up to a lot more than whatever we see in the movie.
In Captain America 2 this could be expanded on and it could end with Shield/Cap(and the team) vs AIM, Winter Soldier, and Zemo.
AIM would have secretly kept Hydra alive all these years after it moved into Russia, but Mandarin didn't know this. He was using AIM for his own means.

I agree it needs to be something like that. The previous "stingers" all had the concept of setting up for the Avengers. We have the Avengers established. Now we need something to not only set up the sequel, but link the backstories of the next films (T:TDW, CA:TWS, Iron Man 3 and possibly even GOTG) together. Something like AIM, as you mentioned above. Or just have a Thanos link behind them all, showing what Thanos has to do with each hero.

xeno000 11-17-2012 03:06 AM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
This won't happen, but I would love to see the mid/post credits sequence tie in to Tony's trip to the other side of the universe in The Avengers. Iron Man really did go "where no man has gone before," and it would not be a stretch if some other race took note when he destroyed that Chitauri vessel.


Perhaps a Kree research ship commanded by a certain Yon-Rogg had noted Stark's exploits and decided to track him back to his home system to see if this new race was of interest to the Empire. To this end, he sent Captain Mar-Vell to scout the planet's location. As IM3 ends, Mar-Vell reports back that the being who defeated the hated Chitauri hailed from the same planet where the Kree had created a genetically-manipulated race of warriors. At the end, Yon-Rogg declares that it is time for the Kree to go and collect its superpowered slaves, or destroy the planet to prevent them from rising up to threaten the Kree Empire.


Yes, I know it won't happen, but I wish that it would. Captain Marvel, the Captain Marvel, is needed in the MCU for many reasons. Bringing the Kree to Earth is one way to get him.

bubbadoom 11-17-2012 03:25 PM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
I can see a Guardians tease - since that is the property that needs the most help in terms of introducing and selling to the public.

Tony hears a voice calling him from outside...

He looks out doors but sees nothing, save some turned over garbage cans...

As he turns to leave, the voice says "hey, down here"

Tony reacts to the sight of a talking, gun toting Raccoon!

Tony looks hard at the drink in his hand...

LokiDionysos 11-17-2012 08:20 PM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen (Post 24651079)
I agree it needs to be something like that. The previous "stingers" all had the concept of setting up for the Avengers. We have the Avengers established. Now we need something to not only set up the sequel, but link the backstories of the next films (T:TDW, CA:TWS, Iron Man 3 and possibly even GOTG) together. Something like AIM, as you mentioned above. Or just have a Thanos link behind them all, showing what Thanos has to do with each hero.

Yeah it would start the concept of setting up the masters of evil for avengers 2, instead of assembling the heroes. Then it would tie into Thor 2 and Cap 2 directly.
What I'm thinking is that Foster somehow winds up at AIM along with Sterns and are shown as prisoners, brought to Zemo & Tetterington. Tetterington is questioned briefly as to why these prisoners should matter.

It sets up AIM more clearly for future Iron Man installments and the series. The brief conversation between all 3 and possibly Tetterington( pre-Modok) sets up much of what's to come. Jane is possessed by Hela already but AIM doesn't know this. When Thor meets her in Thor 2 he doesn't confront Zemo/AIM, because Foster's escape from AIM is aided by being possessed by Hela. Sterns was freed and transported when AIM kidnapped Jane, and both are told they're being forced to work with AIM. Shield thought they transported her somewhere safe, but they actually put her in harm's way because AIM is interested in her research and has agents everywhere. Aim is also messing with all kinds of dangerous forces, experimenting with time-travel to try to retrieve Red Skull... which provokes Hela/Jane to cause death in the name of a being from before the dawn of time... Mandarin's reach only knows no bounds because he's appropriated and collected power temporarily from an already existing underground empire that his 10 rings network was only the surface of. Hydra ends up taking over the remains of the 10 rings network, and actually moves a step closer to their plan for world domination and revenge against Shield thanks to Mandi. Mandarin's ring organizations operate as the heads of Hydra's empire temporarily, while Mandarin believes he has control over it and is building his own Empire. In CA: Winter Soldier, Captain America and Shield (Black widow etc.) would eventually come face to face with AIM and Zemo, after dealing with Winter Soldier and Crossbones.

Hawkingbird 11-18-2012 02:50 AM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
I'm expecting either a GOTG or Thor 2 hint.

Ash Talon 11-18-2012 10:56 PM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
I think they should tease Thanos. Have a scene where he acquires one of the soul gems or destroys some enemies, ie a spaceship. They could have a similar scene after Thor 2 and Cap 2. Basically build up to GotG and Avengers 2.

LokiDionysos 11-20-2012 06:24 AM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
You're right^^. After reconsidering things I think Thanos has to be part of all the phase 2 post-credit scenes in some way. Even if they are setting up masters of evil at the same time with this one.. Well I won't go into that too much. AIM could have an interest in the scepter as well as Asgardian genetics in the previous scenario I posted.

The scepter functions as a sliver of the cube's power, similar to the comics but AIM wants it from Shield (this may put them at odds with Thanos..) They've been collecting items of power like how Red Skull did, but on a much broader scale. They wish they could get their hands on the cube again, but settle for something that's powered by the cube.

I think AIM will tie it all together and secretly knows about the threat of Thanos already. As well as other cosmic things, the cube's power, Asgardians and other races... more than Shield knows about Thanos etc. at this point... We don't know how or why yet but Janet would be there listening in on the conversation between Zemo, Tetterington, and Sterns about Thanos & Foster/ the Asgardians. The big "stinger" on top of everything else would be that Szostak actually is Wasp, and has been on her own secret mission spying on AIM during her time there. The audience doesn't see her vantage point on the whole conversation until we see her point of view as she flies away through a series of vents changing size on the other side to reveal Szostak as Wasp. We don't know where Hank is until halfway through Avengers 2. Similarly, Jane Foster doesn't remember what happened when Hela/the Dark Elves made her start going nuts on Tetterington when we meet her in Thor 2, or how she winds up back at her lab... In the end Darcy becomes the physical embodiment of Hela in Midgard and beyond. Janet witnesses it all beginning and is in a position to help lead and let Shield know about the dangers that AIM poses and knowledge of the future they seem to hold.

R_Hythlodeus 11-20-2012 08:02 AM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
I have no idea what the post credit sce will be about, but I guess it will be our first indicator of the true nature of Phase II's story arc.
After that we scene we MIGHT be able to guess if Avengers 2 is really the end of Phase II (as some have suggested) or just a part of it (as others have suggested) and if Thanos plays a bigger part than just the baddie for GOTG.
Of course, the scene can just be a very random tie in to Thor 2 and we just get a glimpse of Kurse.

Tony007 11-21-2012 06:30 PM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbadoom (Post 24655475)
I can see a Guardians tease - since that is the property that needs the most help in terms of introducing and selling to the public.

Tony hears a voice calling him from outside...

He looks out doors but sees nothing, save some turned over garbage cans...

As he turns to leave, the voice says "hey, down here"

Tony reacts to the sight of a talking, gun toting Raccoon!

Tony looks hard at the drink in his hand...

haha that would be AWESOME but I would see it more possible as an after credit scene like the shawarma scene

pr0xyt0xin 11-27-2012 11:53 AM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
whatever it is it will answer one important question. do sequels need after credit intros? IM2 didnt get one...

Will the post-credits scene even need to intro Thor 2? we know and love the character already. It may tease GotG but then what will Thor 2 tease? :P all very fun to think about but Phase 2 is a new ballgame. But it is pretty much a given there will be scenes post credits. :)

pr0xyt0xin 11-27-2012 11:57 AM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
Everyone seems to expect it will be AIM. A great idea to be sure. Maybe Hank and Jan are developing AI there and Ultron will be the new "cosmic cube," popping up behind the scenes until its big debut in Avengers 2.

pr0xyt0xin 11-27-2012 12:38 PM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
Shoot. just realized Thor trailers will probably predate IM3. No need for TDW stingers

spideymouse 11-30-2012 03:46 PM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin (Post 24746935)
whatever it is it will answer one important question. do sequels need after credit intros? IM2 didnt get one...

Um, yes it did...

EDIT: Oh, I get what you mean now. Technically, Iron Man's stinger was pretty directly related to Iron Man 2, as SHIELD's role in the movie increased and built off of Fury's appearance. But to be fair, IM3 didn't get a stinger directly related to it either. I blame the fact that those movies weren't shooting at the time that the previous movie was released, so there wasn't much available. Now that Marvel is on its prized two-films-a-year pace, I think every stinger can now directly relate to the following movie, sequel or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin (Post 24747181)
Shoot. just realized Thor trailers will probably predate IM3. No need for TDW stingers

The Cap trailer predated the release of Thor last year, but Thor's end credits sequence still showed the Tesseract. Of course, it more led up to Avengers, but it was still related to the Cap movie.

There was never a need for stingers, but they are still fun, they get fans really hyped up, and they are a now-expected feature of MCU movies (and most superhero movies nowadays). I'm pretty sure they're here to stay. I think Feige even has confirmed that in interviews.

R_Hythlodeus 12-16-2012 06:42 AM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
The only after credit scene, that was really disappointing was the Captain America one with the miniteaser for Avengers. While cool at the time it came out, it now lacks the emotional impact or excitement the stingers of the other movies had. i hope IM3 doesn't follow that footstep.

jaqua99 12-16-2012 01:09 PM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 24650389)
Hope not.
But I was just joking based on the latest installment of the GOTG comic book.

oh i know you were lol it was funny

spideymouse 12-18-2012 12:47 PM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus (Post 24860873)
The only after credit scene, that was really disappointing was the Captain America one with the miniteaser for Avengers. While cool at the time it came out, it now lacks the emotional impact or excitement the stingers of the other movies had. i hope IM3 doesn't follow that footstep.

I actually really like the Captain America stinger. I kind of agree with you about the miniteaser, but the punching bag scene was kind of perfect as a stinger for the movie. Maybe if you stop the disc right after Fury says, "Trying to save it", you can see what I mean.

As for IM3, I wouldn't worry about seeing that kind of montage or anything.

Visualiza 12-21-2012 12:22 AM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus (Post 24860873)
The only after credit scene, that was really disappointing was the Captain America one with the miniteaser for Avengers. While cool at the time it came out, it now lacks the emotional impact or excitement the stingers of the other movies had. i hope IM3 doesn't follow that footstep.

I wasn't too crazy about the movie, but I really enjoyed the post-credits scene. Set the stage well, and Cap's last line referencing Peggy really hit home for me.

R_Hythlodeus 12-21-2012 05:47 AM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Visualiza (Post 24887157)
I wasn't too crazy about the movie, but I really enjoyed the post-credits scene. Set the stage well, and Cap's last line referencing Peggy really hit home for me.

that was not the post credit scene, though. Peggy wasn't mentioned. The post credit scene in Cap consisted of the Avengers punch bag scene and a mini teaser. The scene you are probably talking about was the last scene before the teaser.

Visualiza 12-22-2012 11:44 PM

Re: Stinger Speculation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus (Post 24887785)
that was not the post credit scene, though. Peggy wasn't mentioned. The post credit scene in Cap consisted of the Avengers punch bag scene and a mini teaser. The scene you are probably talking about was the last scene before the teaser.

I stand corrected; good catch, equally good point.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.