The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Amazing Spider-Man (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=463)
-   -   Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=404285)

Thread Manager 11-17-2012 03:51 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

FilmNerdJamie 11-17-2012 03:51 AM

Jamie Foxx IS Electro
 
As per Variety

Quote:

Jamie Foxx in early talks to play 'Spiderman 2' villain
Thesp would play Electro in Sony movie
Thu., Nov. 1, 2012, 12:01pm PT
By Justin Kroll

It looks like Sony's "The Amazing Spiderman 2" is coming together faster than expected as sources tell Variety the studio is in early talks with Jamie Foxx to play the villain in the movie.

Though the studio would not comment on the character sources have also told Variety that Foxx would play Electro in the pic.

Electro, is the namesake of Max Dillon, an enemy of Spider-Man who gains the ability to control electricity after being struck by lightning. Created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, the character first appeared in "The Amazing Spider-Man #9" in February 1964.

In "The Amazing Spider-Man's" post-credit sequence, set inside Dr. Curt Connors' cell at an asylum, the Lizard is approached by a mysterious, shadowy figure (Michael Massee) who asks if Peter Parker knows the truth about his father. Lightning features prominently in the scene prompting auds to believe that Electro would be featured in the sequel.

Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are on board to return with Shailene Woodley in talks to join the cast as well. Marc Webb is also set to return to direct.

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing the sequel, whose screenplay will be credited to frequent tentpole scribes Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, as well as Jeff Pinkner, based on a previous draft by James Vanderbilt. "The Amazing Spider-Man" grossed $751 million worldwide, and the sequel is skedded to swing into theaters in 3D on May 2, 2014.

As for Foxx, Sony has already begun building a relationship with the thesp. Besides distributing "Django Unchained," overseas, Foxx currently stars in "White House Down" opposite Channing Tatum, which Sony is viewing as one of its major tentpoles next summer.

He is repped by CAA and Montone/Yorn.

Spider-Aziz 11-17-2012 03:51 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil (Post 24653247)
Sympathetic? What's so sympathetic about him? Raimi's brock & venom> the comics.

:applaud

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil (Post 24653319)
Oh, very much so. Why does venom hate spider-man in the comics? Because...he got exposed writing a fake news story. Alright then. :dry:

And he doesn't go back at his boss, who fired Brock cause the fake Sin Eater wasn't really a secret

spider-neil 11-17-2012 04:59 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
Since I've been watching movies, for me the most memorable and charismatic villians have been;

The villian in Die Hard
The villian in TDK
The villian in No country for old men
The villian in The Matrix
The Villian in You only live twice

I want a Spidey villian that delivers that level of gravitas so we can say we have been given the Spider-Man movie we've waited all our lives for.

Oscorp 11-17-2012 05:02 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
Someone said Electro's appeared in the 616 comics less than 10 times. Is that really true?

<(o_o)> 11-17-2012 05:24 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
I could see them recycling Storm's line to Toad in X-Men, "Do You Know What Happens To A Toad When It Is Struck By Lightning, The Same Thing That Happens To Everything Else."

Now Electro's line to Spider-Man will be "Do You Know What Happens To A Spider When It Is Zapped By 1,000,000 Watts Of Electricity? That Bug Gets Juiced."

or

"With Great Power Comes Great Frying."

DerSpider-Boy 11-17-2012 05:41 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscorp (Post 24653589)
Someone said Electro's appeared in the 616 comics less than 10 times. Is that really true?

No, he meant Max Dillon

Oscorp 11-17-2012 06:08 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
Nice avy <(o_o)> ;)

Nave 'Torment' 11-17-2012 08:29 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
yeah im beginning to think that with the make-up and the heavy CGI any questions about racial identity will be redundant. Remember Electro from the MTV series?

Spider-Aziz 11-17-2012 09:32 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' (Post 24653801)
Remember Electro from the MTV series?

His picture was posted on page 40 of the past thread

Spiderdevil 11-17-2012 10:14 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by <(o_o)> (Post 24653617)
I could see them recycling Storm's line to Toad in X-Men, "Do You Know What Happens To A Toad When It Is Struck By Lightning, The Same Thing That Happens To Everything Else."

Now Electro's line to Spider-Man will be "Do You Know What Happens To A Spider When It Is Zapped By 1,000,000 Watts Of Electricity? That Bug Gets Juiced."

or

"With Great Power Comes Great Frying."

First one's great,especially if he says it in a cold and chilly voice

Spiderdevil 11-17-2012 10:45 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
I like the idea of Electro being a disgrunted employee who is not played compensation for the incident he has

Though it looks like too small a reason to go on vendetta against the city but they can start building from there

SpiderMarvelite 11-17-2012 05:52 PM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
Maybe he's hired as a low level thug and experimented on by Osborn to kill Spider-Man.

SpideyFan866 11-17-2012 06:22 PM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite (Post 24655741)
Maybe he's hired as a low level thug and experimented on by Osborn to kill Spider-Man.

Or perhaps he's a criminal with a mysterious past tied to Oscorp, serving a life sentence.

And he's offered a chance at freedom by Oscorp if he agrees to the experiment that would turn him into Electro.

Anno_Domini 11-17-2012 07:56 PM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
I kinda want to see Electro as someone who already has powers and we find out how this came to be through flashbacks, but he's a special bodyguard for the dying Norman Osborn. Maybe if Dr. Ratha shows up in the sequel, Osborn sends Electro to kill him since he hasn't done his job with testing out Connors' serum or possibly for pushing Connors into making a useless serum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spider-neil (Post 24653587)
Since I've been watching movies, for me the most memorable and charismatic villians have been;

The villian in Die Hard
The villian in TDK
The villian in No country for old men
The villian in The Matrix
The Villian in You only live twice

I want a Spidey villian that delivers that level of gravitas so we can say we have been given the Spider-Man movie we've waited all our lives for.

I see these lists of memorable villains, and I gotta say...I feel that Hardy's Bane is very much underrated.

JOE 11-17-2012 11:41 PM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anno_Domini (Post 24656391)
I see these lists of memorable villains, and I gotta say...I feel that Hardy's Bane is very much underrated.


How so? His origin was rushed and fairly unexplained. His exit was terrible. He was way too hard to understand... He's not in any means part of any top 10 villains list, IMO anyways.

VenomSpawn 11-17-2012 11:53 PM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
Tom Hardy's Bane had great screen presence. Any time he was on screen you knew **** was going to go down. I thought that made him a pretty great villain, just his mere presence was intimidating. And this is coming from someone who didn't particularly like TDKR.

JOE 11-17-2012 11:56 PM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VenomSpawn (Post 24657227)
Tom Hardy's Bane had great screen presence. Any time he was on screen you knew **** was going to go down. I thought that made him a pretty intimidating and great villain, this coming from someone who didn't particularly like TDKR.

True, but you had to pay attention too much to know what he was saying. Almost took me out of it. The way he gets taken out too is completely anti-climactic...

VenomSpawn 11-18-2012 12:06 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
I didn't have any trouble understanding him. I agree with you about his death though, one of the worst parts of the movie for me.

PSYLENTGuardian 11-18-2012 12:20 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
Really the only thing I didn't like about Bane in TDKR was his death.

But back to the Electro talk -- I do agree that racial identity wouldn't matter if Jamie Foxx is covered with CGI and practical make-up. I believe Ultimate Electro was also subject to racial ambiguity like the MTV Electro.

SpiderMarvelite 11-18-2012 01:08 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
Bane was cool of the time he was saying quotes and snapping necks.
His "Origin" didn't fit with me, especially with him as a bodyguard an minor-villain to this big plan Talia-worst-movie-death-Alghul or whatever.

Oh and his death.
Getting shot by "Catwoman"

http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg

Anno_Domini 11-18-2012 01:44 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 24657183)
How so? His origin was rushed and fairly unexplained. His exit was terrible. He was way too hard to understand... He's not in any means part of any top 10 villains list, IMO anyways.

His origin wasn't really rushed at all. Only rushed through flashbacks, but through dialogue from either him, the man in the Pit, Alfred, etc, we got a clear cut origin of Bane being in the Pit through most of his young life where he saved Talia after her mother was beaten and probably raped and got himself beaten when Talia escaped. The only thing about his origin that really wasn't explained was the function of his mask, such as where the medicine he inhales is stored as it wouldn't make sense if you didn't read the notes about the medicine being stored in the back of his mask that isn't mentioned in the film. Plus, Talia being Bane's real Osito was quite a wonderful idea, imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VenomSpawn (Post 24657227)
Tom Hardy's Bane had great screen presence. Any time he was on screen you knew **** was going to go down. I thought that made him a pretty great villain, just his mere presence was intimidating. And this is coming from someone who didn't particularly like TDKR.

Reading the bold, I'm actually surprised to read such praise for Hardy's Bane from you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 24657249)
True, but you had to pay attention too much to know what he was saying. Almost took me out of it. The way he gets taken out too is completely anti-climactic...

I never had trouble hearing Bane myself. But, I also understand Bale's Batman voice as well in TDKR and that voice gets flack as well, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite (Post 24657551)
Bane was cool of the time he was saying quotes and snapping necks.
His "Origin" didn't fit with me, especially with him as a bodyguard an minor-villain to this big plan Talia-worst-movie-death-Alghul or whatever.

Oh and his death.
Getting shot by "Catwoman"

http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg

I always viewed Bane and Talia to be a perfect combination to the plan as they were the literal theatricality and deception that Ra's al Ghul taught Bruce about in Batman Begins, so I don't have a whole lot of bad things to say about that, but the death...yah, it could've been done much better and still have Catwoman being the one to kill him, which, imo, was definitely the best option as Batman wasn't going to purposely kill him. They could've cut out Catwoman's one-liner, though.

VenomSpawn 11-18-2012 01:54 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anno_Domini (Post 24657635)
Reading the bold, I'm actually surprised to read such praise for Hardy's Bane from you.

Oh, yeah dude I think Hardy's Bane is the greatest portrayal of Bane in any form of media ever. It's pretty much the only reason I'm planning on buying TDKR on Blu Ray. If it weren't for Hardy's Bane I wouldn't be able to give two ****s about the movie, honestly. :funny:

Anno_Domini 11-18-2012 02:06 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VenomSpawn (Post 24657679)
Oh, yeah dude I think Hardy's Bane is the greatest portrayal of Bane in any form of media ever. It's pretty much the only reason I'm planning on buying TDKR on Blu Ray. If it weren't for Hardy's Bane I wouldn't be able to give two ****s about the movie, honestly. :funny:

Lol, fair enough. But, imo, it speaks a lot to get a film because of the villain.

Spiderdevil 11-18-2012 02:15 AM

Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1
 
I feel people's standards for CB villians are really going down
I find all three of Connors,Bane and Loki are average Villians,servicable at best

Yet I see so much praise for them everywhere


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.