The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Sports (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=391)
-   -   2012 NFL thread: The Sanchez: An Expected Interception (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=449635)

Thread Manager 12-02-2012 08:28 PM

2012 NFL thread: The Sanchez: An Expected Interception
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 12-02-2012 08:28 PM

2012 NFL thread: Manning, Moore & Whatnot
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

DoomsdayApex 12-02-2012 08:28 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Manning, Moore & Whatnot
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil (Post 24775257)
Here's a shocker: Brady Quinn actually played like an NFL QB today, instead of someone who's auditioning for a spot on the 2013 Hamilton Tiger Cats of the CFL.

That's because our secondary is ****. Kuechly, Johnson, Hardy, and Davis did their best today but it was 4-vs-11 out there.

Matt 12-02-2012 08:29 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Manning, Moore & Whatnot - Part 4
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by enterthemadness (Post 24775929)
http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle...81474981776990


Do Steelers go after Matt Moore in off-season or draft Tyler Wilson???


Let's ask Matt....

Moore. Wilson won't be on the board by the time the Steelers second pick comes along and a backup QB isn't worth a first round pick. Though Tyler Bray would also make a lot of sense and the Steelers could quite possibly get him in the third. I prefer Bray to Moore.

NewYorkSpider 12-02-2012 08:36 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Manning, Moore & Whatnot - Part 4
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt
Alex Smith goes to Buffalo and he fails. The Bills do not have the team necessary for someone like Smith to thrive. The only teams that I can see Smith succeeding with are Minnesota, Seattle and MAYBE Dallas. Minnesota and Seattle have two young QBs whom they are not prepared to give up on. Dallas is better off sticking with Romo than Smith.


I disagree. I've watched almost every single Bills game this year. Smith would be a huge upgrade over Fitzpatrick. The Bills need someone who is consistent, something I see in Alex Smith. He's not constantly turning the ball over. The Bills have been bitten with constant turnovers by Fitz over the past two years.

I really can't see Buffalo in line for a decent QB in the draft either. Geno Smith will likely be gone to Kansas City. They could draft Barkley, but I'm not sold on him.

JB-the-Hunter 12-02-2012 08:41 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Manning, Moore & Whatnot - Part 4
 
Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't any worse than Tony Romo or Phillip Rivers so I don't see why people have such a big problem with him. Although he does turn it over a lot, he still constantly puts up big numbers.

Matt 12-02-2012 08:41 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Manning, Moore & Whatnot - Part 4
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider (Post 24776071)
I disagree. I've watched almost every single Bills game this year. Smith would be a huge upgrade over Fitzpatrick. The Bills need someone who is consistent, something I see in Alex Smith. He's not constantly turning the ball over. The Bills have been bitten with constant turnovers by Fitz over the past two years.

I really can't see Buffalo in line for a decent QB in the draft either. Geno Smith will likely be gone to Kansas City. They could draft Barkley, but I'm not sold on him.


Smith doesn't turn the ball over because Jim Harbaugh does not let him. C.J. Spiller, Stevie Johnson, Ruvell Martin and the Bills defense cannot carry the Bills in the same way that Frank Gore, the Niners receiving squad and the defense carry San Fran. If Buffalo is going to upgrade at QB, they need to go for Barkley and just try to rebuild their entire team. Alex Smith cannot put an average team on his shoulders.

CConn 12-02-2012 08:54 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Matt Moore Rises
 
Best thing about the Philadelphia Eagles?

Alex Henery.

He might be one of the best kickers ever when he retires in 29 years.

NewYorkSpider 12-02-2012 08:55 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Manning, Moore & Whatnot - Part 4
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 24776117)
Smith doesn't turn the ball over because Jim Harbaugh does not let him. C.J. Spiller, Stevie Johnson, Ruvell Martin and the Bills defense cannot carry the Bills in the same way that Frank Gore, the Niners receiving squad and the defense carry San Fran. If Buffalo is going to upgrade at QB, they need to go for Barkley and just try to rebuild their entire team. Alex Smith cannot put an average team on his shoulders.


The Bills were supposed to have one of the best defenses in the league this year. Not sure what happend there. I feel like they could be that ground and pound football team that the 49ers have and not rely on a 300 yard passer every single week. Alex Smith should have a starting job next season. I hope he finds some place because I feel he deserves that shot again.

JB-the-Hunter 12-02-2012 09:00 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Manning, Moore & Whatnot - Part 4
 
1. The fact of the matter is the 49ers wouldn't have gotten to where they did last year without Alex Smith. Alex Smith beat the Saints in that playoff game, not the defense.

2. I think Rex should allow both Tebow and McElroy to play at least a game each before the year is over, just to see if they have anything at QB going into next year.

3. Brady Quinn is going to have a big game against his former team next week.

Matt 12-02-2012 09:02 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Manning, Moore & Whatnot - Part 4
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CConn (Post 24776179)
Best thing about the Philadelphia Eagles?

Alex Henery.

He might be one of the best kickers ever when he retires in 29 years.

I think that Bryce Brown is making a pretty damn good argument for himself as one of the cornerstones of the Eagles as they move into a rebuilding phase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider (Post 24776183)
The Bills were supposed to have one of the best defenses in the league this year. Not sure what happend there. I feel like they could be that ground and pound football team that the 49ers have and not rely on a 300 yard passer every single week. Alex Smith should have a starting job next season. I hope he finds some place because I feel he deserves that shot again.

I don't. I just don't see it. One good season where has a high passer rating but also one of the lowest attempts for a starting quarterback doesn't undo 8 years of crap.

Matt 12-02-2012 09:03 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Manning, Moore & Whatnot - Part 4
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter (Post 24776221)
1. The fact of the matter is the 49ers wouldn't have gotten to where they did last year without Alex Smith. Alex Smith beat the Saints in that playoff game, not the defense.

2. I think Rex should allow both Tebow and McElroy to play at least a game each before the year is over, just to see if they have anything at QB going into next year.

3. Brady Quinn is going to have a big game against his former team next week.

No, Drew Brees beat the saints with several turnovers.

JB-the-Hunter 12-02-2012 09:05 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Matt Moore Rises
 
Does Drew Brees win the game for every team the Saints lose to? Seems like that's what everyone always thinks.

Matt 12-02-2012 09:24 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Matt Moore Rises
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter (Post 24776275)
Does Drew Brees win the game for every team the Saints lose to? Seems like that's what everyone always thinks.

Not always, but in that game, yes. Not just Brees. The whole Saints offense gave it away. The Saints offense committed five turnovers compared to the Niners one turn over. Guess who committed the turn over....Alex Smith. He also nearly committed another one but the fumble was recovered by the offense.

Also, do you know what Smith's third down conversion rate in that game was? 4 for 15. That is TERRIBLE. The miracle of that game wasn't the final come from behind drive. It was the fact after five turnovers the Niners STILL needed a come from behind drive and that is almost entirely on Smith.

Duke 12-02-2012 09:54 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Matt Moore Rises
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CConn (Post 24776179)
Best thing about the Philadelphia Eagles?

Alex Henery.

He might be one of the best kickers ever when he retires in 29 years.


Speaking of kickers, I swear David Ackers really cost us that game in St. Louis when he missed that game winner in OT. He should be in the unemployment line very soon, I hope. :cmad:

Kane52630 12-02-2012 10:26 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Matt Moore Rises
 
Tired of Matt Moore. :o

Matt 12-02-2012 10:33 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Matt Moore Rises
 
I love that the announcers have essentially been making fun of Tony Romo all night. Dallas is pathetic and winning in spite of themselves.

Also, I think Lurie needs to fire Reid out of mercy. The longer he is kept along, the more pathetic he looks and the harder it'll be for him to get a new job.

Matt 12-02-2012 10:34 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Matt Moore Rises
 
:lmao: Oh Dallas.

enterthemadness 12-02-2012 10:37 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Matt Moore Rises
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane52630 (Post 24776761)
Tired of Matt Moore. :o


Moore is not amused....


http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6...241447460a.jpg

Which is ironic, cause this is amusing...

Matt 12-02-2012 10:39 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Matt Moore Rises
 
Question for Eagles fans....why does the Philadelphia media seem so convinced that Nick Foles is the future of the franchise? He seems absolutely pathetic to me. Is it just a knee jerk reaction to spite Vick or is there something I am not seeing? If you had the choice, would you rather keep Foles or draft a new QB?

enterthemadness 12-02-2012 10:40 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Matt Moore Rises
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 24776819)
:lmao: Oh Dallas.


They won.....?

Matt 12-02-2012 10:57 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Matt Moore Rises
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by enterthemadness (Post 24776849)
They won.....?

But even when they win, they do so in an entirely incompotent manner. The run back, really?

enterthemadness 12-02-2012 10:59 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Matt Moore Rises
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 24776937)
But even when they win, they do so in an entirely incompotent manner. The run back, really?


punt return for TD???

Hush 12-02-2012 11:11 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Matt Moore Rises
 
Yeah that should have never happened.

Poeman 12-02-2012 11:29 PM

Re: 2012 NFL thread: Matt Moore Rises
 
Sanchize finally benched...About time


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.