The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men: Days of Future Past (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=489)
-   -   Days of Future Past VFX Thread (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=449813)

Electrix 12-06-2012 04:49 AM

Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
Seems work on the VFX is in the early stages:

Quote:

Earlier this year, Bleeding Cool reported that the FX houses of Londonís West End must have started working on an Ant Man project, as they started piling into Sohoís Gosh Comics looking for reference, and dropping a few hints in the process.

Well, the same thing has started happening with X-Men: Days Of Future Past, the classic Claremont/Byrne/Austin story thatís forming the backbone to the sequel to X-Men: First Class, and the shop canít keep it in stock.

So, looks like thatís well along then.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/...sh-comics-too/

It'll be a while before we see any VFX work so we can use this thread to discuss the special effects, how powers should look/be improved upon, the sentinels, and the aesthetics of the apocalyptic future.

Angamb 12-06-2012 07:37 AM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
t4p

I think that shop likes some publicity, lol.

I mean, if the movie starts on April, Im sure VFX crew is already working on something as complex and expensive like the sentinels designs, movements and all of that.

This stuff cant start on Feb, you know? hehe

psylockolussus 12-06-2012 10:13 AM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
I hope the VFX of this movie is going to be visually stunning!

X-Maniac 12-06-2012 10:15 AM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by psylockolussus (Post 24799727)
I hope the VFX of this movie is going to be visually stunning!

It better had be! :jedi

That was one thing that did impress me about Avengers. The amount of greenscreen that was undetectable (only one bit stood out as fake-looking, when Hawkeye fires the arrow as he falls off the building). And the Hulk was perfect. It just shows what is possible.

psylockolussus 12-06-2012 10:25 AM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
Well The Avengers definitely had a massive budget and it was from Disney, Disney always gives their action blockbusters a big budget. I wonder if the budget for DOFP is going to be more than $200 million.

Angamb 12-06-2012 10:30 AM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
saw the Start Trek teaser today

was impressed with the style of the movie and how much things have changed in the latest years.

You can notice that movie studios are stepping their games, and the budgets are better.

The trailer had some Prometheus and Avengers similarities, which I liked. And it made me think about DOFP too, specially in certain scenes, and with some actors.

If DOFP has this level of shots, action, scale..... it will be ****ing amazing! lol

X-Maniac 12-06-2012 10:33 AM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by psylockolussus (Post 24799807)
Well The Avengers definitely had a massive budget and it was from Disney, Disney always gives their action blockbusters a big budget. I wonder if the budget for DOFP is going to be more than $200 million.

If Singer isn't careful, most of the budget will go on returning actors! :wow:

psylockolussus 12-06-2012 10:43 AM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angamb (Post 24799839)
saw the Start Trek teaser today, was impressed with the style of the movie and how much things have changed in the latest years.

You can notice that movie studios are stepping their games, and the budgets are better. The trailer had some Prometheus and Avengers similarities, which I liked. And it made me think about DOFP too, specially in certain scenes, and with some actors.

If DOFP has this level of shots, action, scale..... it will be ****ing amazing! lol

Good visual effects shouldn't be a surprise anymore. We are already in 2012, and technology has definitely improved through time. But I do hope Days of Future Past will have a bigger scale compare to the first six X-Men movies.

Angamb 12-06-2012 10:57 AM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
just to see at least two sentinels on the movie will be bigger than anything Ive seen in the previous movies, at least to me.

Specially if Singer and his crew give us the type of LEVEL/shots shown on movies like Transformers or Avengers.

marvelrobbins 12-06-2012 11:26 AM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
Early reports say this film had a 175 Million budget.It may go up.

As a die hard long time star Trek film the teaser looks more like a Star Wars/Transformers/Dark Knight hybrid than a Star Trek film.That has always been my concern for J.J. Abrams
on Star Trek.Hopefully the writers did their best to bring some of Star Trek to film.

Getting X-Men VS Sentinle action will be worth the price of admission alone for DOFP.

BMM 12-06-2012 12:23 PM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
I have no doubt it will go up.

psylockolussus 12-06-2012 12:40 PM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelrobbins (Post 24800313)
Early reports say this film had a 175 Million budget.It may go up.

As a die hard long time star Trek film the teaser looks more like a Star Wars/Transformers/Dark Knight hybrid than a Star Trek film.That has always been my concern for J.J. Abrams
on Star Trek.Hopefully the writers did their best to bring some of Star Trek to film.

Getting X-Men VS Sentinle action will be worth the price of admission alone for DOFP.

I just hope the box-office performance of this movie will be really good. If FOX gave this movie a $200 million budget and it only gets $150 million at domestic box-office and less than $400 million at worldwide box-office, I think FOX would be really disappointed by that and they wouldn't make a new X-Men movie for a while.

marvelrobbins 12-06-2012 12:45 PM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
With original trilogy actors In It the box office will go up.They need to promate the hell
out of It.Plenty of airtime on TV for commercails.Have preview for DOFP as post credit
scene for the Wolverine.Have an actual big premiere for It.

Angamb 12-06-2012 12:45 PM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
with both casts returning and appearing in a bigger marketing plan, Im sure this will have pretty solid boxoffice.

I know some fans have really low expectations, but I really see THIS sequel doing more than 500$ millions worldwide. (to say the least)

psylockolussus 12-06-2012 12:54 PM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angamb (Post 24800881)
with both casts returning and appearing in a bigger marketing plan, Im sure this will have pretty solid boxoffice.

I know some fans have really low expectations, but I really see THIS sequel doing more than 500$ millions worldwide. (to say the least)

Maybe its time to convert this movie to 3D. I know 3D sucks but outside of U.S.A, 3D helps the movie to earn more money, it really inflates the worldwide box-office numbers.

marvelrobbins 12-06-2012 12:55 PM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
At minuem I think we could be looking at 450 Million worldwide.200 Million Domestic(this
Is me being conservative here) and 250 Million overseas(First Class did 206 Million
overseas)

psylockolussus 12-06-2012 12:59 PM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
Hmmm I still don't think this movie will easily hit the 200 million mark at the domestic box-office especially if its really going to face the final part of The Hobbit trilogy at the opening weekend. I already said this before, but I really hope FOX moves the release date.

X-Maniac 12-06-2012 01:06 PM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by psylockolussus (Post 24800929)
Maybe its time to convert this movie to 3D. I know 3D sucks but outside of U.S.A, 3D helps the movie to earn more money, it really inflates the worldwide box-office numbers.

I think so. It's no use studios resisting the trends; they have to stay current.

I mean, look at The Hobbit - it is being screened in two different frame rates as well as IMAX and 3D. And it's a guaranteed hit without all those other formats.

People will more easily fork out the cash for a big evening out at their nearest cinema if there is some kind of 'event' movie on, something special. For those that just want the standard 'no-frills' movie, that is still available too.

If a movie is a big spectacle, then moviegoers are more likely to see it at a giant screen showing digital films (or IMAX, provided it was done in IMAX). I know people who saw Skyfall once at their nearest cinema and then went back to see it at an IMAX cinema, and also people who saw Avengers on a normal screen and then went to see it on a massive screen just to get the maximum spectacle.

Fox can no longer hold back on these blockbuster films.

marvelrobbins 12-06-2012 01:16 PM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
This may be the first 3-d X-Men film.

It still pises me off that Fox announces an release date for an X-men film to give them time so It won't be rush job and warner brothers after expanding hobbit from 2 films to 3
Instead of typical December release schedules It for same weekend Fox already gave to X-Men.

If Fox moves release It should be one or 2 weeks.Moving to june would be bad.

And before people go thinking Guardians of the galaxy Is a big threat to X-men remember the Incredible Hulk,Thor,and cap didn't make Iron Man numbers.And GOTG Is even more less known to GA than X-Men was back In 2000.

X-Maniac 12-06-2012 01:27 PM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelrobbins (Post 24801033)
This may be the first 3-d X-Men film.

It still pises me off that Fox announces an release date for an X-men film to give them time so It won't be rush job and warner brothers after expanding hobbit from 2 films to 3
Instead of typical December release schedules It for same weekend Fox already gave to X-Men.

If Fox moves release It should be one or 2 weeks.Moving to june would be bad.

And before people go thinking Guardians of the galaxy Is a big threat to X-men remember the Incredible Hulk,Thor,and cap didn't make Iron Man numbers.And GOTG Is even more less known to GA than X-Men was back In 2000.

They should also convert First Class (and all the previous X-Men films for that matter) to 3D and offer double-bill screenings. And they might be able to tweak a few things from First Class at the same time - get Fassbender to re-record the final lines where he sounds too Irish, add some magnetic pulsing sounds to the scene where the missiles get stopped mid-air. I know they won't do any of that but, still, it's my dream! :woot:

psylockolussus 12-06-2012 09:42 PM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelrobbins (Post 24801033)
This may be the first 3-d X-Men film.

It still pises me off that Fox announces an release date for an X-men film to give them time so It won't be rush job and warner brothers after expanding hobbit from 2 films to 3
Instead of typical December release schedules It for same weekend Fox already gave to X-Men.

If Fox moves release It should be one or 2 weeks.Moving to june would be bad.

And before people go thinking Guardians of the galaxy Is a big threat to X-men remember the Incredible Hulk,Thor,and cap didn't make Iron Man numbers.And GOTG Is even more less known to GA than X-Men was back In 2000.

Right now, Guardians of the Galaxy won't be a threat to DOFP. Maybe if they will cast some big actors, then it would be very successful but right now there's nothing to worry about regarding the competition against Guardians of the Galaxy. I think FOX should move DOFP to July 4, 2014, Independence Day.

psylockolussus 12-06-2012 09:45 PM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Maniac (Post 24800991)
I think so. It's no use studios resisting the trends; they have to stay current.

I mean, look at The Hobbit - it is being screened in two different frame rates as well as IMAX and 3D. And it's a guaranteed hit without all those other formats.

People will more easily fork out the cash for a big evening out at their nearest cinema if there is some kind of 'event' movie on, something special. For those that just want the standard 'no-frills' movie, that is still available too.

If a movie is a big spectacle, then moviegoers are more likely to see it at a giant screen showing digital films (or IMAX, provided it was done in IMAX). I know people who saw Skyfall once at their nearest cinema and then went back to see it at an IMAX cinema, and also people who saw Avengers on a normal screen and then went to see it on a massive screen just to get the maximum spectacle.

Fox can no longer hold back on these blockbuster films.

They just can't! If their movie Life of Pi was released in 3D, why not Days of Future Past too! There should be an IMAX release too!

JP 12-06-2012 09:49 PM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Maniac (Post 24801087)
They should also convert First Class (and all the previous X-Men films for that matter) to 3D and offer double-bill screenings. And they might be able to tweak a few things from First Class at the same time - get Fassbender to re-record the final lines where he sounds too Irish, add some magnetic pulsing sounds to the scene where the missiles get stopped mid-air. I know they won't do any of that but, still, it's my dream! :woot:

WHAT? You don't also peerfeer Magneeter?!?!? :wow:



Anyway, The Wolverine will be the first 3D release. It's being converted. But I would love DoFP to be FILMED in 3D!

psylockolussus 12-06-2012 10:16 PM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JP (Post 24803713)
Anyway, The Wolverine will be the first 3D release. It's being converted. But I would love DoFP to be FILMED in 3D!

Where did you hear that?

EnDz0n3 12-06-2012 11:01 PM

Re: Days of Future Past VFX Thread
 
I actually wouldn't mind a Holiday release for DOFP, especially with Peter Jackson's money-grab aka The Hobbit Part 3 unceremoniously stole X-men's perfect release date. I'm kinda snickering from The Hobbit and its decision to shoot at a higher frame getting bad reviews from critics :hehe:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.