The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Man of Steel (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   Man Of Steel Trailer Crowd Reactions Thread (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=450237)

Excel 12-14-2012 08:54 PM

Man Of Steel Trailer Crowd Reactions Thread

Thinking many of us will be catching The Hobbit at some point in theaters. Share your experience with the trailer on the big screen here! How did it look? How did the crowd react? Etc.

Sequel to this thread ;)

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...005&highlight=

I saw The Hobbit at midnight (2D), really enjoyed it. Sold out theater. Man of Steel trailer aired last. Kind of like the Batman trailer, everyone was totally silent throughout it, totally engaged. When it ended, there was some clear chatter. One guy - only one - clapped obnoxiously and yelled "Yeaaaaah!". I heard someone around me say "That looks really good". And oh yes, it looked VERY good on the big screen. The music is perfect, the Arctic scenes are just stunning.

We're in a for a treat!:woot:

Nvmyprixgt 12-14-2012 08:55 PM

Re: Man Of Steel Trailer Crowd Reactions Thread

Saw this in IMAX, and it was unreal. My first time seeing the trailer, I refused to watch online. Crowd was in awe.

Heat Vision 12-14-2012 09:03 PM

Man... I really want to see it on theater! Too bad I don't care for the Hobbit... :/

Rust 12-15-2012 02:35 AM

I didnt get it with The Hobbit, so hopefully I'll get it with future films.

BH/HHH 12-15-2012 03:21 AM

Well I'm off to see the Hobbit in two hours, the cinema I emailed said its not airing so unfortunately I'm gonna have to wait to see it with something else.

Rust 12-15-2012 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BH/HHH (Post 24855973)
Well I'm off to see the Hobbit in two hours, the cinema I emailed said its not airing so unfortunately I'm gonna have to wait to see it with something else.

It boggles the mind why it's not attached to every single copy of The Hobbot there is.

Liam_H 12-15-2012 03:48 AM

I could be wrong but I believe its not always the studios call, the theaters have some say in it too.

BH/HHH 12-15-2012 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rust (Post 24856019)
It boggles the mind why it's not attached to every single copy of The Hobbot there is.

I know, I'm more annoyed because we got the teaser with the Dark Knight Rises straight away. You would think this would be the same, really bizarre.

sf2 12-15-2012 04:00 AM

My girl friends said cavill isn't as good looking as brandon as superman. They have no comment on the trailer. :(

Rust 12-15-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam_H (Post 24856045)
I could be wrong but I believe its not always the studios call, the theaters have some say in it too.

I'm sure they do, but it just doesnt make much sense why they would exclude it since it looks to be somewhat of a cash-grabber.

BH/HHH 12-15-2012 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sf2 (Post 24856075)
My girl friends said cavill isn't as good looking as brandon as superman. They have no comment on the trailer. :(

Meh! :oldrazz:

It's not going to be for everyone nothing ever is, maybe the next trailer will be the one for them.

Kryptonian Warrior 12-15-2012 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rust (Post 24856077)
I'm sure they do, but it just doesnt make much sense why they would exclude it since it looks to be somewhat of a cash-grabber.

I tell you the person you need to ask is flickchick. I believe she works in a theater.

Binker 12-15-2012 04:20 AM

I want to ask you guys: the trailer review on ew.com had people that were mixed about the film. The top feelings were that: Superman isn't dark, and Cavill is miscasted. Now, that's just oine site, what about the others? As of right now, after this trailer's reveal, what is the general pre-release feelngs toward MOS?

herolee10 12-15-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binker (Post 24856115)
I want to ask you guys: the trailer review on ew.com had people that were mixed about the film. The top feelings were that: Superman isn't dark, and Cavill is miscasted. Now, that's just oine site, what about the others? As of right now, after this trailer's reveal, what is the general pre-release feelngs toward MOS?

Well, I've talked with a lot of my friends and colleagues, most of whom aren't even comic book movie fanatics or fans, but they were all impressed with what they saw in the trailer. I don't think most of them thought that the film looked dark, but that the franchise was taking a serious approach towards the character.

And wasn't one of the big points for this film to get the GA interested in Superman again? So far, that seems to be working..

dante2012 12-15-2012 04:25 AM

Binker! That's only one crap site man! All the big sites have been loving the trailer and the cast and people are loving the film man!

dante2012 12-15-2012 04:28 AM

Even the smaller sites have been hugely positive dude. Girls are loving Cavill and guys are saying he looks fantastic as superman. Flipping people reactions have been great and calling it the best and most anticipated film of 2013.

Binker 12-15-2012 04:28 AM

I had to ask because, even one guy I showed the trailer with, and he said that he doesn't like Superman, but the movie looks interesting.

FVD 12-15-2012 06:40 AM

When I went to see the Hobbit in HFR the first night they played the latest MoS trailer. Person next to me was surprised to see Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe in their shots but said nothing else. Just a few words nothing more.

Now when I saw the Hobbit in IMAX format all I got was the Jor-El MoS TEASER!?!?!?! :(

hopefuldreamer 12-15-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Myself and every single other female I know who has given their opinion on the subject disagree...

Henry Cavill is almost unquestionably attractive IMO. I mean, even if he's not your type or something, you recognise he's a good looking man.

I've shown his pic to so many people in the couple of years since he was cast, and no one has EVER said anything but 'Okay, yeah, he's hot' :funny:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FVD (Post 24856273)
When I went to see the Hobbit in HFR the first night they played the latest MoS trailer. Person next to me was surprised to see Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe in their shots but said nothing else.

Yeah I had that from a couple of my friends too. But it's a good thing. People go 'Oh, is that Kevin Costner/Russel Crowe' and for some reason it makes them start thinking 'Well if they are in it, I might be a bit curious about this now'.

sf2 12-15-2012 07:18 AM

Well. They don't know cavill. N they really like brandon as superman. They asked why not using the previous guy. The new guy doesnt look as handsome. That's the only comment from them. Maybe the trailer doesnt show enough of cavill.

BH/HHH 12-15-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binker (Post 24856115)

Ours crap Cavill looks like he stepped straight out if the comic book, they're probably saying he's miscast just cause he isn't an alien.

Every review I've read so far has had nothing but praise for the trailer.

Btw I just got back from the Hobbit (one if the best films I've ever watched on the big screen) and they weren't lying no MOS trailer but we didn't get Pacific Rim, After Earth or Star Trek. Infact the only trailer we got that interested me was Jack Reacher.

Kal-El.9859 12-15-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

I'd be finding new friends...

DieSmiling 12-15-2012 10:28 AM

Going to see the Hobbit tonight, I'll let you know how the crowd reacts.

Of the two guys I talked with about it at work one guy loved it, one guy was more lukewarm and thought it looked "too emo."

BH/HHH 12-15-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieSmiling (Post 24856759)
Going to see the Hobbit tonight, I'll let you know how the crowd reacts.

Of the two guys I talked with about it at work one guy loved it, one guy was more lukewarm and thought it looked "too emo."

Enjoy the film I thought it was superb :up:

If you're lucky enough to also get the Man of Steel trailer I envy you :oldrazz:

rks943 12-15-2012 11:04 AM

Most people that I've shown the trailer to or have seen it say that it looks really good.