The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Marvel Films (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Abombmination early concept (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=450421)

Hmarrs 12-19-2012 11:38 AM

Abombmination early concept
 
I still wonder why they did'nt go with this first concept?
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...sign_super.jpg

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...pt_Art_011.jpg

I mean just look at this.

http://www.cgadvertising.com/media/C...n-Concept1.jpg
I heard them say that they felt the fish look would be unrealistic.
So then why did they go with the freakin Doomsday Iguanna????

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...x335-10712.jpg

Comments on this???I just hope if he ever shows up in Avengers he has the first look.

Optimus_Prime_ 12-19-2012 12:30 PM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
The first one seems the most comics inspired of the looks.

Thwip! 12-19-2012 01:15 PM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
Holy hell that first one is bad ass

ShredderX 12-19-2012 01:20 PM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
The first design is definately the best. I think they said they went with the "bony " design because they didn't know how to explain where Abomination's reptilian features came from.

DarkSovereignty 12-19-2012 02:29 PM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
is it ever explained in the comics where the reptilian features come from? or it just because it "looks cool."

Hmarrs 12-19-2012 03:00 PM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShredderX (Post 24879793)
The first design is definately the best. I think they said they went with the "bony " design because they didn't know how to explain where Abomination's reptilian features came from.

But that is just so stupid because in the end he looks like a freaking Iguanna!
Between the first and the concept they went with the one they went with looks more like a reptile.
Iguanna-Man!
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty (Post 24880177)
is it ever explained in the comics where the reptilian features come from? or it just because it "looks cool."

I think it's bull I read somplace where they like to change up from the comics to have their own version of the chacter for the purpose of TOY Sales.Plus Every Director wants his own artistic flare on a character so they can call it their own.
AND HE LOOKS LIKE DOOMSDAY ANYWAY!!!
maybe that was a shot at DC.
Who Know but they dropped the ball on that one.

jaymes_e06 12-19-2012 03:07 PM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
Totally in agreement with everyone that the first is by far the best.

pr0xyt0xin 12-21-2012 02:54 AM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
I think the third pic is the best. But i don't dislike Abomination's look in the film.

Willie Lumpkin 12-21-2012 02:52 PM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
Definitely would have preferred that to what we got.

Edguy 12-22-2012 10:07 AM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty (Post 24880177)
is it ever explained in the comics where the reptilian features come from? or it just because it "looks cool."

Yeah, nothing screams cool like fins on your chins.

Zant 12-22-2012 05:03 PM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
Movie Abomination makes more sense and looks better than the silly comic version

Malcolm Belmont 12-23-2012 03:16 PM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
Okay..that design is sweet

Spider-Aziz 12-24-2012 08:51 AM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
The first kinda looks like James Cameron Alien

Anno_Domini 12-24-2012 11:02 AM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
The first one definitely looks awesome, but the idea of Abomination in the film was how the serum starts to make Emil Blonsky's bones protrude and Abomination had a very boney look to him as well mixed with pale flesh.

Spidey-Quad 12-31-2012 02:01 PM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
That's because they made up their own origin story for him. I chalk it up to Marvel Productions to learning a key lesson. "Trust your own material", or better yet "trust in the original material from the comics. A necessary stepping stone to on the road to the monstrous access of The Avengers

webhead731 01-01-2013 09:58 PM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
I liked his movie look. The bones were a great add-on.

Ultimatehero 01-01-2013 10:36 PM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
The movie version definitely made more sense, visualizing it - all I could think of was, why does he look so different from Hulk? At least here there's some elements that are the same. Deformed human type shapes. Here it's deformed human and giant fish. While it works in comics, it just raises too many questions of why they're so different. And in regards to the second and third, the film seems to take it much further and just looks cooler.

Hmarrs 01-08-2013 10:54 AM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimatehero (Post 24930551)
The movie version definitely made more sense, visualizing it - all I could think of was, why does he look so different from Hulk? At least here there's some elements that are the same. Deformed human type shapes. Here it's deformed human and giant fish. While it works in comics, it just raises too many questions of why they're so different. And in regards to the second and third, the film seems to take it much further and just looks cooler.

While I understand what you say.
I have to disagree I don't think the Fish look brings up any more questions the his Iguanna look he had in the movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by webhead731 (Post 24930381)
I liked his movie look. The bones were a great add-on.

He looked like Doomsday.
He is not doomsday he is Abombmination at the least if they did not want to go with the comic version then they should have gone with some extremly deformed creature.
Not Doomsday.
He looked like the Love child of Doomsday and an Iguanna.
Better yet he looked like the love child of Doomsday and the 1998 Godzilla.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...tion_super.jpg


http://purocriollo.files.wordpress.c...msday-993w.jpg http://www.doncapone.org/modelkits/i...1998-Sakai.jpg
http://www.doncapone.org/modelkits/i...a-1998-USA.jpg
Can't you just see him saying "Is that All you've Got!"

Doc Ock 01-10-2013 12:01 AM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
I really like that third image, a creepy Abomination.

Dark Raven 01-15-2013 08:48 AM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
I still wish Abomination had his trademark ears and scaley green colour scheme. He looks like a random made-up monster Hulk fights and not the character from the comics. The general audience wouldn't know he's meant to be a comic character. He might just come off like the Nuclear Man in Superman IV - something just created for the movies for Hulk to battle.

Optimus_Prime_ 01-15-2013 10:03 AM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hmarrs (Post 24880281)

I think it's bull I read somplace where they like to change up from the comics to have their own version of the chacter for the purpose of TOY Sales.Plus Every Director wants his own artistic flare on a character so they can call it their own.
AND HE LOOKS LIKE DOOMSDAY ANYWAY!!!
maybe that was a shot at DC.
Who Know but they dropped the ball on that one.

Toys and merchandise. They want movie concepts to have solid distinctions between comic looks because if it looks too similar their logic is they won't have a distinct toy or image to sell.

Also what's cheapest to animate/render on screen. That first face is pretty detailed, whereas with the final version you can probably cut a lot more corners animating it.

Hmarrs 01-15-2013 12:12 PM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ (Post 25005231)
Toys and merchandise. They want movie concepts to have solid distinctions between comic looks because if it looks too similar their logic is they won't have a distinct toy or image to sell.

Also what's cheapest to animate/render on screen. That first face is pretty detailed, whereas with the final version you can probably cut a lot more corners animating it.

I guess their mindset is if you have an Abobminition already and then the movie Abombmination looks the same then people will say Oh why would I but one if I already have one.However if it's different then they see an Abombmination they don't have.
However there still has to be a better way because this is a double edge sword because you gain some buyers but lose others because alot of diehard fans won't buy it because they hate the look like me.
However had they done the one in the last Picture with some pointy ears.I probably would have bought one.

TheHeatKitchen 01-15-2013 02:26 PM

Re: Abombmination early concept
 
While I like that concept look, I like the one the chose as well. It makes him more human. He's not changed into a generic monster. He was an abomination of man and its overly aggressive attempt at "perfection." You don't get that with the concept look. You get movie monster. Plus he would just look silly talking with that lizard head in my opinion.

not only that, but if they had made him green and about the same size as Hulk, with that fast movie CGI, it could've made it hard to disseminate between them at times.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.