The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Misc. Comics Films (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   What actors would NEVER have made it to your DVD/video shelf if not for comic books? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=450929)

Chris Wallace 01-02-2013 05:33 PM

What actors would NEVER have made it to your DVD/video shelf if not for comic books?

In other words, you ONLY own their comic book movies & have never bought anything else. A few of mine are:
Tobey Maguire
Chris Evans
Christian Bale
James Franco
Kirsten Dunst
Colin Farrell
Mickey Rourke
Chris Hemsworth
Tom Hiddleston
Thomas Haden Church
J.K. Simmons
Wesley Snipes
Steven Dorff
Idris Elba

<(o_o)> 01-02-2013 06:43 PM

Re: What actors would NEVER have made it to your DVD/video shelf if not for comic boo

Probably a majority of all the actors/actresses in any comic book movie that I own would have never made it to my movie collection in any other way had it not been for the comic book movie or movies that they were in.

Schlosser85 01-02-2013 07:04 PM

Re: What actors would NEVER have made it to your DVD/video shelf if not for comic boo

James Franco

Tom Hiddleston

Jeremy Renner

Kirsten Dunst

Katie Holmes

Maggie Gyllenhaal

Eric Roberts

Matthew Modine

Thomas Haden Church

Topher Grace

Aaron Eckhart

Chris Evans

Hayley Atwell

Sebastian Stan

Terrence Howard

Don Cheadle

Baramos 01-03-2013 09:35 PM

My list would be the same as yours excpet for a few:

I might have said Christian Bale but I would totally like to own the Prestige as it was a really good movie. I'm not sure why I never bought a copy...maybe because it is on the movie channels so often. I own Terminator: Salvation as well so there you go...

Colin Farrell was also in some other great movies that were not comic book movies that I really enjoyed.

Mickey Rourke was in the Wrestler, great movie. Also Rumble Fish way back in the day. He was also in Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, a pretty good action film that has been overlooked by many people.

Wesley Snipes was in Demolition Man so he is also in.

Idris Elba is on the Wire AND in Takers, both amazing.

Definitely all those others are only in my DVD collection because of superhero movies, though.

R_Hythlodeus 01-05-2013 02:21 PM

Heath Ledger
Sebastian Stan
Hugo Weaving
Chris Evans
Katie Holmes

edit: well I DO own the LOTR dvd's, so technically Weaving is not only because of his role as Red Skull on my shelves, however, I don't own them because of Weaving but despite his appearance.

Chris Wallace 01-08-2013 03:55 PM

I have Matrix Reloaded & the Transformers trilogy, which disqualifies Weaving.

Chris Wallace 01-08-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schlosser85 (Post 24934367)
James Franco

Tom Hiddleston

Jeremy Renner

Kirsten Dunst

Katie Holmes

Maggie Gyllenhaal

Eric Roberts

Matthew Modine

Thomas Haden Church

Topher Grace

Aaron Eckhart

Chris Evans

Hayley Atwell

Sebastian Stan

Terrence Howard

Don Cheadle

Everyone here, but I can see myself picking up The Brave One, Swordfish & Rush Hour 2, which would knock out those last 2 guys.

DarkKnight 01-08-2013 10:13 PM

Toby Maguire
Ben Affleck (at least until I watched The Town)
Chris Evans
Andrew Garfield

Chris Wallace 01-18-2013 05:37 PM

Tommy Lee Jones-as much as I love The Fugitive.

Baramos 01-18-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus (Post 24947997)
Heath Ledger
Sebastian Stan
Hugo Weaving
Chris Evans
Katie Holmes

edit: well I DO own the LOTR dvd's, so technically Weaving is not only because of his role as Red Skull on my shelves, however, I don't own them because of Weaving but despite his appearance.

You don't own A Knight's Tale? I thought everybody had that one languishing at the back of their DVD shelf (every DVD shelf I've seen, anyway...)

Hawkingbird 01-19-2013 03:03 AM

*coughs* erm...most comic book actors.

R_Hythlodeus 01-19-2013 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baramos (Post 25026397)
You don't own A Knight's Tale? I thought everybody had that one languishing at the back of their DVD shelf (every DVD shelf I've seen, anyway...)

no, sorry. wasn't impressed by that movie

R_Hythlodeus 01-19-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baramos (Post 25026397)

no, sorry. wasn't impressed by that movie

RustyCage 01-19-2013 04:11 PM

Christian Bale was already on my shelf: American Psycho, Equilibrium.

Even if he didn't do Batman, we'd have The Prestige (so Hugh Jackman would still be on the shelf too), which was great. Oh, and The Machinist. Etc, etc.

Bale is fantastic.

Edit: Also, Hugo Weaving was Smith in The Matrix and, as was stated before, also in Lord of the Rings. There's no way he wouldn't be on practically everyone's shelf.

I thought he was beautiful as V, too.