The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Misc. Films (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=451023)

gwynplaine 01-04-2013 06:50 PM

Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
What great film projects that never got made you really wish had been?
If there's already a thread about this topic, please close or merge, thank you.

For me:

Stanley Kubrick's Napoleon
Paul Verhoeven's The Crusades

GREEN =w= DAY 01-04-2013 06:57 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
i remember back in the 90s there were rumors, or maybe it was just wishful thinking, of a Doom movie being made with Arnold in the lead and to be directed by Paul Verhoeven

man, that would have been pretty amazing

Pink Ranger 01-04-2013 07:18 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
The following movies would have likely been insane train wrecks on screen, but I would have liked to have seen them made just for academic purposes.

Lord of the Rings starring the Beatles
Dune dir. by Alejandro Jodorowsky
The Day The Clown Cried dir. and starring Jerry Lewis

Airwings 01-04-2013 07:19 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
Not legendary films, but still abandoned.

Fellini - Mandrake
Sergio Leone - The Phantom

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pink Ranger (Post 24944885)
Lord of the Rings starring the Beatles

Lucas and Kubrick both wanted to make LOTR. And I recall something about Boorman too. But was it before or after Excalibur?

Pink Ranger 01-04-2013 07:28 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Airwings (Post 24944889)
Lucas and Kubrick both wanted to make LOTR. And I recall something about Boorman too. But was it before or after Excalibur?

Lol, no idea. But something tells me if either of those 3 attempted LOTR, the Jackson films would have never happened, whether the films succeeded or not.

Drizzle 01-04-2013 07:32 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
Don't act like James Cameron's Spider-Man wouldn't have been fun to watch. Arnold as Doc Ock? Come on.

Airwings 01-04-2013 07:33 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pink Ranger (Post 24944913)
Lol, no idea. But something tells me if either of those 3 attempted LOTR, the Jackson films would have never happened, whether the films succeeded or not.

Lucas went on with Star Wars instead. And he admired Flash Gordon very much.
It's not too hard to see where he got the inspiration to his creation.

PSYLENTGuardian 01-04-2013 07:35 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
John Hughes had some unproduced screenplays.

http://www.slashfilm.com/details-abo...d-screenplays/

This one, I would've loved to see.

gwynplaine 01-04-2013 07:35 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pink Ranger (Post 24944885)
The following movies would have likely been insane train wrecks on screen, but I would have liked to have seen them made just for academic purposes.

Lord of the Rings starring the Beatles
Dune dir. by Alejandro Jodorowsky
The Day The Clown Cried dir. and starring Jerry Lewis

That reminded me of the rumor that at some point Clockwork Orange was going to star The Rolling Stones with Jagger as Alex.
I might be wrong but I think that the Jerry Lewis film was actually made and shelved forever. Probably for the best:woot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airwings (Post 24944889)
Not legendary films, but still abandoned.

Fellini - Mandrake
Sergio Leone - The Phantom

:awesome:

Airwings 01-04-2013 07:36 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drizzle (Post 24944937)
Don't act like James Cameron's Spider-Man wouldn't have been fun to watch. Arnold as Doc Ock? Come on.

But Michael Biehn as Spider-Man if the film would have come out 1991?

PSYLENTGuardian 01-04-2013 07:40 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Airwings (Post 24944965)
But Michael Biehn as Spider-Man if the film would have come out 1991?

My memory is foggy on it, but I think James Cameron wanted Leo for the role after they finished Titanic. Don't take my word on it, though.

And I think he also wanted Arnold as Doc Ock :funny:

Airwings 01-04-2013 07:46 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gwynplaine (Post 24944963)
:awesome:

If he had drawn themes from Once Upon a Time in America and his spaghetti westerns to his Phantom version, it could have been something very interesting. Maybe a masterpiece?

The ghost who walks/the man with no name.

A masked vigilante coming to 1930s USA?
A crime fighter of few words? A gritty anti-hero?

Airwings 01-04-2013 07:47 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PSYLENTGuardian (Post 24944989)
My memory is foggy on it, but I think James Cameron wanted Leo for the role after they finished Titanic. Don't take my word on it, though.

But he first tried to get the rights back in early 1990s!!!!!

PSYLENTGuardian 01-04-2013 07:51 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Airwings (Post 24945017)
But he first tried to get the rights back in early 1990s!!!!!

Like I said, don't take my word on it :oldrazz:

Airwings 01-04-2013 07:53 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PSYLENTGuardian (Post 24945027)
Like I said, don't take my word on it :oldrazz:

There were talks about DiCaprio and Spidey when Titanic was out :)

gwynplaine 01-04-2013 08:10 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Airwings (Post 24945011)
If he had drawn themes from Once Upon a Time in America and his spaghetti westerns to his Phantom version, it could have been something very interesting. Maybe a masterpiece?

The ghost who walks/the man with no name.

A masked vigilante coming to 1930s USA?
A crime fighter of few words? A gritty anti-hero?

Great parallels:up:
I would have loved to see that, as well as Fellini's Mandrake which I believe would have starred a young Marcello Mastroianni.

gwynplaine 01-04-2013 08:42 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
I would have loved to see Ridley Scott's take on "I Am Legend."

jmc 01-04-2013 09:39 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pink Ranger (Post 24944885)
The Day The Clown Cried dir. and starring Jerry Lewis

That film was actually made.

gwynplaine 01-04-2013 10:56 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
^I think so, yeah.

I would have loved to see Stanley Kubrick's version of One-Eyed Jacks, ultimately directed by (and starring) Marlon Brando.
A Stanley Kubrick Western:word:

Solidus 01-04-2013 11:08 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
Ridley Scott's Dune.

childeroland 01-04-2013 11:27 PM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
Satoshi Kon's Dreaming Machine
Kubrick's Aryan Papers and his version of A.I.
Spielberg's Night Skies
Coppola's Megalopolis

James 01-05-2013 12:07 AM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
Lest we forget...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...bb7uo1_500.jpg

gwynplaine 01-05-2013 12:15 AM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
^:woot:
I would have actually loved to see it

Marvolo 01-05-2013 12:56 AM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
My first thought was Kubrik's Napoleon. I can not even begin to imagine what a Kubrick LOTR would have been like. No doubt it would have not been like the book if his adaption of the Shining is any indication.

ThePowerCosmic 01-05-2013 01:30 AM

Re: Abandonned. Legendary Movies that Never Made it to the Big Screen
 
I would have loved to see Paradise Lost. Hope Legendary starts that back up again soon.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.