The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Avengers Sequels (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=446)
-   -   The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=451439)

Thread Manager 01-14-2013 08:01 AM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Lord 01-14-2013 08:01 AM

The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread
 
The Avengers may not have premiered yet, but speculation of sequels never stops so what may the next Avengers movie be about?
Ign says Civil War:
http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/121/1211036p1.html

There is also many fans ideas of which members the next movie should have:
http://www.**************.com/fan_fic/news/?a=50367


I don't say i agree or disagree with some, Civil war would make a great live action event but it would probably need spider-man, not to mention that more heroes and villains need to be introduced (not saying a civil war movie should adapt the comic page by page, but it would be better for an event like that to feature a world full of heroes and not 6-10), so if something like that happens we will still have to wait some time.

The Avengers 2 was more or less anounced by Marvel as being the end of Phase II, the next movie will probably have more members, who i think are exencial are:

Ant-Man ( Hank Pym)
http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/ant-man_01.jpg

Wasp
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9gZPVnOXJX..._Earth-616.jpg

If they were to add another member it would be:
Black Panther
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OgSogKVkSV...her-marvel.jpg

Now for the villains there are a lot of good possibilities:
Skrulls
http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-conte...ns-skrulls.jpg

It's still unknown if Fox still holds the rights of these aliens as they were first Fantastic Four villains, they aparently won't be the villains of the first film as the Loki's army will consist of pirates and criminals of the different 9 realms.

Ultron
http://images.wikia.com/marveldataba...5_Textless.jpg

Now, this guy would only be able to be in Avengers if Hank was too, it would make sence for Phase II to lead into a Unicron clash if he was at some point being created during the Ant-Man film

Thanos
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cltmVcJ2vk...se_Warrior.jpg

He may or may not appear in Avengers 1 but an army of the worst criminals of the 9 realms? Thanos had those as his army during his first appearance, it wouldn't be strange it was Thanos who gave Loki his army and returned in a sequel to look for the Infinity Gems.

Kang the Conqueror
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0...kang_super.jpg

He comes from the Future with the purpose to conquer the past, if done right it could be gold, but we'll have to see.

The Liberators
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Liberators.jpg

This may be a more difficult suggestion but it's possible, some time ago it was mentioned that The Avengers would take some inspiration from The Ultimates, so why wouldn't the sequel not take inspiration from The Ultimates 2? The Liberators wouldn't have to consist of the same members, in fact, they kind of seemed more like a modern version of the Masters of Evil.
The idea could be interesting to have on film, as an answer to the USA using super people various nations decided to create their oun team and launch an attack on the USA


So, any more ideas of what The Avengers 2 should be about? Any news about the Project? Let's discuss things here

cherokeesam 01-14-2013 08:01 AM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WildcatNC (Post 24998281)
I still say Ultron would be best for this. He could be uploaded with the complete files for all the heroes. Knows every strength and weakness and the genius to manipulate them properly. A Scalpel.

Ant Man will have already been made if they want to stick to the comics more rather than have Stark build him. It also makes since that there are some major breakthroughs going on as we experiment and reverse engineer the captured alien tech.

That could work, too. I *do* think Hank and Janet will be available for Avengers 2, since filming will have wrapped on Ant-Man before TA2 starts shooting.

Chewy 01-14-2013 09:04 AM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 24998907)
That could work, too. I *do* think Hank and Janet will be available for Avengers 2, since filming will have wrapped on Ant-Man before TA2 starts shooting.

Uh, what?

It's not coming out until November 2015, why would it be wrapped before TA2 starts shooting? :huh:

OB12 01-14-2013 09:27 AM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
The word is that Ant-Man will be Wright's next film and he recently finished World's End. It could start shooting late this year.

Dark Raven 01-14-2013 09:30 AM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
With Edgar Wright at the helm, we would be lucky to see Ant-Man even beginning before Phase VI.

Chewy 01-14-2013 09:35 AM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
But that was the word when they were still considering a 2014 release date.

Why would anyone think that's still the case? There's no reason for them to rush it through production at breakneck pace like that.

They're in a position where they can film Guardians, Avengers and Ant-Man one at a time instead of all overlappy like the solo sequels.

xeno000 01-14-2013 09:47 AM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
Wright is also attached to yet another remake of The Night Stalker TV series, this time as a film starring Johnny Depp. With his history of foot-dragging on the Ant-Man project it wouldn't be surprising if he delayed it again to work with Depp. At this point I'll believe that Ant-Man is getting made when I'm actually sitting in a movie theater and the opening credits roll.

OB12 01-14-2013 09:48 AM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
I took it to mean it had more to do with Wright's schedule, like he can fit it in next. I don't really see much overlap.

GOTG - June/July to Sept/Oct
Ant-Man - Nov - March
Avengers2 - March - July

It's tight but not unreasonably so.

Chewy 01-14-2013 10:05 AM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
I doubt he has many commitments currently scheduled for mid-late 2014, lol. It's not like there's this really small window in his schedule and then he's unavailable. If he's directing he'll be in the room for post, too.

I would be beyond surprised if Ant-Man starts filming before next summer.

cherokeesam 01-14-2013 12:26 PM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 24999257)
I doubt he has many commitments currently scheduled for mid-late 2014, lol. It's not like there's this really small window in his schedule and then he's unavailable. If he's directing he'll be in the room for post, too.

I would be beyond surprised if Ant-Man starts filming before next summer.

Featurefilmcasting.com sent out the casting call last October for a January 2013 (i.e., this month) for shooting to start on Ant-Man. Wright also publicly stated back in September, as reported by Screenrant, that he was ready to begin shooting Ant-Man in London as soon as Thor TDW wrapped.

And Thor TDW wrapped yesterday.

So.

Chewy 01-14-2013 12:34 PM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
lol ScreenRant, they once wrote an "article" about a post I made on these boards. High journalism. Although if you have a link it'd be appreciated, I don't remember Wright publicly stating any such thing. I remember LatinoReview reporting it was being considered, and I'm sure it was, when Ant-Man was being considered for a 2014 date.

And Ant-Man is obviously not shooting this month, so I'm not sure what your point is. Featurefilmcasting.com copy/pastes stuff from elsewhere and adds production addresses.

cherokeesam 01-14-2013 12:53 PM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
Here's Featurefilmcasting.com's page back in October 2012...

http://www.featurefilmcasting.com/se...&max-results=2

On that same page, they also list CATWS casting for shoots beginning on March 1, 2013. Anthony Mackie just told AICN that they would start shooting on April 1; so if featurefilmcasting.com has a margin of error of +/- one month, I'd say their info on Ant-Man is pretty solid. :oldrazz:

Here's where latinoreview got scoopage that Ant-Man is supposed to "step into Marvel's London production branch once principal photography on 'Thor: The Dark World wraps.'"

http://latino-review.com/2012/07/30/...london-thor-2/

And that came hot on the heels of Simon Pegg tweeting about World's End finishing up and Ant-Man shooting in 2013.

And yes, all this came before Marvel gave Ant-Man the late 2015 release date, but as of yet, there's no indication that Wright has changed his plans for Ant-Man at all. Maybe we'll hear something from the horse's mouth soon one way or the other, but otherwise, there's more solid evidence that Ant-Man *is* shooting soon than there is evidence against that. Feel free to provide linkage to prove me wrong, though.

spideymouse 01-14-2013 04:17 PM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 25000079)
Here's Featurefilmcasting.com's page back in October 2012...

http://www.featurefilmcasting.com/se...&max-results=2

On that same page, they also list CATWS casting for shoots beginning on March 1, 2013. Anthony Mackie just told AICN that they would start shooting on April 1; so if featurefilmcasting.com has a margin of error of +/- one month, I'd say their info on Ant-Man is pretty solid. :oldrazz:

Here's where latinoreview got scoopage that Ant-Man is supposed to "step into Marvel's London production branch once principal photography on 'Thor: The Dark World wraps.'"

http://latino-review.com/2012/07/30/...london-thor-2/

And that came hot on the heels of Simon Pegg tweeting about World's End finishing up and Ant-Man shooting in 2013.

And yes, all this came before Marvel gave Ant-Man the late 2015 release date, but as of yet, there's no indication that Wright has changed his plans for Ant-Man at all. Maybe we'll hear something from the horse's mouth soon one way or the other, but otherwise, there's more solid evidence that Ant-Man *is* shooting soon than there is evidence against that. Feel free to provide linkage to prove me wrong, though.

Hasn't more recent news come out that Guardians of the Galaxy is actually going to be shooting in London next after Thor: TDW?
http://www.screendaily.com/news/prod...contentID=1846

Moridin 01-14-2013 06:19 PM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 25000079)
Here's where latinoreview got scoopage that Ant-Man is supposed to "step into Marvel's London production branch once principal photography on 'Thor: The Dark World wraps.'"

http://latino-review.com/2012/07/30/...london-thor-2/

And that came hot on the heels of Simon Pegg tweeting about World's End finishing up and Ant-Man shooting in 2013.

And yes, all this came before Marvel gave Ant-Man the late 2015 release date, but as of yet, there's no indication that Wright has changed his plans for Ant-Man at all.

You answered everything in your own post. This was all talk from July (including Pegg's tweet - EDIT: and including the featurefilmcasting thing, which is from January 2012) when they were considering AM for late 2014. Months later (October) it was announced for late 2015.

Quote:

Maybe we'll hear something from the horse's mouth soon one way or the other, but otherwise, there's more solid evidence that Ant-Man *is* shooting soon than there is evidence against that. Feel free to provide linkage to prove me wrong, though.
There's no evidence against that...

...except for the fact that Wright is currently in post-production on WE and will be for several more months, he isn't shooting a big budget movie in the middle of that.

...except for the fact that if AM was filming any time soon we would have had similar reports of casting/auditions & filming locations along with a rough start date like we've been getting from Cap2 & GotG for the past few months.

...and except for the fact that there is absolutely no need to shoot a film nearly 2 to 3 years before it's release date, especially when there are 3 other films that need to roll before it.

Crimson King 01-14-2013 06:29 PM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord (Post 24998905)
The Avengers may not have premiered yet, but speculation of sequels never stops so what may the next Avengers movie be about?
Ign says Civil War:
http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/121/1211036p1.html

There is also many fans ideas of which members the next movie should have:
http://www.**************.com/fan_fic/news/?a=50367

No way they're doing Civil War. They don't have the roster in house. Plus, why tease Thanos in Avengers if he's not going to be the next villain?


That is a SWEET picture of Ultron. I'd punch a toddler to see that on screen.

cherokeesam 01-14-2013 07:15 PM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moridin (Post 25002075)
You answered everything in your own post. This was all talk from July (including Pegg's tweet - EDIT: and including the featurefilmcasting thing, which is from January 2012) when they were considering AM for late 2014. Months later (October) it was announced for late 2015.

The January 2012 date was an obvious misprint, given that their article came out in October 2012. *Pretty* sure they meant "January 2013," unless they were going back in time, dontcha think....?



Quote:

There's no evidence against that...

...except for the fact that Wright is currently in post-production on WE and will be for several more months, he isn't shooting a big budget movie in the middle of that.

...except for the fact that if AM was filming any time soon we would have had similar reports of casting/auditions & filming locations along with a rough start date like we've been getting from Cap2 & GotG for the past few months.

...and except for the fact that there is absolutely no need to shoot a film nearly 2 to 3 years before it's release date, especially when there are 3 other films that need to roll before it.
Yes, I don't honestly think they'll start filming Ant-Man this month. But yes, I honestly believe Pegg and Wright when they said that they're filming this as soon as WE wraps, and as soon as Thor TDW wraps, and that it'll be filmed sometime in 2013.

Wright already has test footage for the film from last year's SDCC. The script has gone through at least three rewrites that I can count, and Wright has shown every indication that he's finally ready to roll on this. And I'd be willing to bet a shiny silver dollar that Feige has been pressuring him to get it done in time for at least some kind of Hank/Janet precursor in Avengers 2.

Hank and Janet are crucial characters to the Avengers. Before summer of 2012, Wright could probably afford to drag his heels on this and make a film that doesn't even have ties to the MCU, let alone Avengers. After Avengers became the third biggest blockbuster of all time --- ALL TIME, Kanye --- the rules on Ant-Man have changed in a major way.

Chewy 01-14-2013 08:10 PM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
http://i.imgur.com/4cJ3z.gif

xeno000 01-15-2013 05:35 PM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 25002795)

Let's have a geek god dance off. Neil deGrasse Tyson FTW!

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/t...on_dancing.gif

Hawkingbird 01-19-2013 07:52 AM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
The MMU will never be big enough for Civil War.

Lord 01-19-2013 08:28 AM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson King (Post 25002105)
No way they're doing Civil War. They don't have the roster in house. Plus, why tease Thanos in Avengers if he's not going to be the next villain?

That post is kinda old, i hope they don't go for Civil War so soon.

Quote:

That is a SWEET picture of Ultron. I'd punch a toddler to see that on screen.
Yeah, it's what originally sold me out in wanting him as villain for Avengers 2

Mr. Dent 01-19-2013 06:45 PM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkingbird (Post 25028229)
The MMU will never be big enough for Civil War.

Maybe not the MMU, but the MCU can be.

Hawkingbird 01-20-2013 02:32 AM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. Dent (Post 25030259)
maybe not the mmu, but the mcu can be.

RIP Earth's Mightiest Heroes :(

Crimson King 01-20-2013 10:31 AM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
RIP season 1 of EMH. Loeb, please don't ruin another awesome show again. :(

jaqua99 01-20-2013 11:51 AM

Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1
 
He's notorious for ruining things.

Remember when he had Rulk beat up Odinforce Thor? Odin Force Thor. He claimed to not know Thor was powered up -_-


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.