The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Star Wars Sequels (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=577)
-   -   KOTOR and Darth Plagueis Trilogies? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=452791)

KillerCarlson 02-10-2013 10:53 AM

KOTOR and Darth Plagueis Trilogies?

How many of you would like to see a KOTOR and Darth Plagueis trilogy of films? I think its a great way for disney to create movies after the Sequel trilogy. Although I do expect them to keep making episodes X XI XII. Thoughts?

Gianakin_ 02-11-2013 01:46 AM

Re: KOTOR and Darth Plagueis Trilogies?

KOTOR, yes. Plagueis, no, not a trilogy. Wouldn't mind a solo film, though.

Bim 02-11-2013 09:59 AM

I'm all for KOTOR, but not sure about Plagueis.

Indy1Jones 02-12-2013 09:16 AM

KOTOR Yes.

BenKenobi 02-12-2013 03:44 PM

A Palpatine movie yes, about his training and rise to power perhaps. Maybe explain a little about whats going on in Episode I better?

KillerCarlson 02-12-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gianakin_ (Post 25166813)
KOTOR, yes. Plagueis, no, not a trilogy. Wouldn't mind a solo film, though.

I think something with plagueis has to be done, whether it's a single film, two story arc or trilogy. I dont think they can just leave that reference in episode 3 and not give a backstory on it.

Gianakin_ 02-14-2013 02:27 AM

Sure they can. Besides, there's a book about him.

BenKenobi 02-14-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gianakin_ (Post 25187295)

I loved the book but I felt like it really dropped the ball when it came to explaining Anakin.

From Revenge of the Sith I gathered that Plagueis was Anakins father (The imagery with the opera looking like sperm cells and eggs implied this was about conception as well). I thought Plagueis had created some powerful new life and Palpatine realized he intended to replace him so he killed him in his sleep. Then finding Anakin years later, he decided to replace his own apprentice with him completing a sinister circle of sorts.

Idk I always felt that was a stronger explanation than "he defied the force and it willed a savior", so if theres anyway this could happen I'd be all for it :woot:

KillerCarlson 02-14-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gianakin_ (Post 25187295)

I dont read the star wars novels. And assuming there are a few others like myself it would be beneficial from my point of view for them to explain the characters. It's also a way for them to make new films without having to worry about casting issues as palpatine would be young anyway. I just think that any kind of plagueis film would be great. Start with Kotor and then do the plagueis storyline.

KillerCarlson 02-14-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenKenobi (Post 25189085)
I loved the book but I felt like it really dropped the ball when it came to explaining Anakin.

From Revenge of the Sith I gathered that Plagueis was Anakins father (The imagery with the opera looking like sperm cells and eggs implied this was about conception as well). I thought Plagueis had created some powerful new life and Palpatine realized he intended to replace him so he killed him in his sleep. Then finding Anakin years later, he decided to replace his own apprentice with him completing a sinister circle of sorts.

Idk I always felt that was a stronger explanation than "he defied the force and it willed a savior", so if theres anyway this could happen I'd be all for it :woot:

I was completely oblivious that plagueis could have been anakins father. Again a good reason why a Plagueis movie would be beneficial.

Gianakin_ 02-15-2013 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerCarlson (Post 25189973)
I dont read the star wars novels. And assuming there are a few others like myself it would be beneficial from my point of view for them to explain the characters. It's also a way for them to make new films without having to worry about casting issues as palpatine would be young anyway. I just think that any kind of plagueis film would be great. Start with Kotor and then do the plagueis storyline.

Don't get me wrong, I'd want a Plagueis flick, too. But I still disagree that just MUST have one after his RotS mention.

Jedi-Spirit 02-19-2013 02:39 PM

Plagueis, Palptine, Maul Trilogy...with a few strong protagonists...Windu, Qui-Gon, Dooku...Hopefully based at least in some part on the Plagueis Novel...