The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Iron Man Sequels (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=326)
-   -   IM4 in Phase 3? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=453177)

KillerCarlson 02-16-2013 05:19 PM

IM4 in Phase 3?
 
Alright, to me the question is will IM4 happen in Phase 3? Assuming that Thor 3 and Cap 3, Guardians 2 all happen, Phase 3 could get loaded.

Marvel has already scheduled Antman and basically said a planet hulk and dr. strange movie will be in phase 3. So lets add those up.
1. Antman
2. dr. Strange
3. Planet Hulk
4. Thor 3
5. Cap 3
6. Guardians 2
7. Avengers 3
8. IM4?

Thats alot of movies to push out in around 3 years.

pr0xyt0xin 02-16-2013 06:54 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
I think IM4 will be backburner for a while.

The others you listed are probably pretty likely though. I see it going something like this. Phase 3 gotta be big considering its the last hurrah for many of the actors (Samuel L Jackson, Chris Hemsworth, RDJ, etc.):

1. Ant-Man
2. Dr. Strange
3. Black Panther
4. Thor 3
5. Cap 3
6. Avengers 3 part 1
7. Guardians 2
8. Ms. Marvel
9. Avengers 3 part 2
10 Planet Hulk

KillerCarlson 02-16-2013 07:12 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin (Post 25204005)
I think IM4 will be backburner for a while.

The others you listed are probably pretty likely though. I see it going something like this. Phase 3 gotta be big considering its the last hurrah for many of the actors (Samuel L Jackson, Chris Hemsworth, RDJ, etc.):

1. Ant-Man
2. Dr. Strange
3. Black Panther
4. Thor 3
5. Cap 3
6. Avengers 3 part 1
7. Guardians 2
8. Ms. Marvel
9. Avengers 3 part 2
10 Planet Hulk

I think IM4 needs to be in phase 3. With that said I think they need to make the films over 4 years instead of 3. Luckily Ant-man comes out in 2015. So I would have guardians 2, Cap 3, Thor 3, Dr. Strange, Planet Hulk and IM4 at the end of the last year leading into avengers 3.

R_Hythlodeus 02-18-2013 12:48 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
I doubt MS will be so stupid producing a PH movie, so count that out for phase III

Chris B 02-18-2013 04:30 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
Personally, I think Phase 3 would be a good time for Marvel to put out three films a year, as they've suggested that they'd like to do. That way, you could still have sequels for the Big 4 while allowing films for new character.

KillerCarlson 02-19-2013 09:18 AM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris B (Post 25214749)
Personally, I think Phase 3 would be a good time for Marvel to put out three films a year, as they've suggested that they'd like to do. That way, you could still have sequels for the Big 4 while allowing films for new character.

I agree that this would be a good approach, but with Disney also planning solo star wars ventures and several of them a year, the question begins to come up just how much space in a year is there for so many big movies?

KangConquers 02-20-2013 03:19 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
If Robert Downey Jr signs on for more films, we'll get an IM4.

Spider-Fan 02-21-2013 01:20 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
I hope that the next Hulk film isn't Planet Hulk based, myself. There are so many Hulk stories we can tell with him still being on Earth and as an Avenger/wild card. Why ship him off to space so soon? Especially when Banner and Stark were such good friends. I also think that would be a weird detour to take in a sequel that likely focuses on Thanos.

pr0xyt0xin 02-22-2013 12:48 AM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider-Fan (Post 25233643)
I hope that the next Hulk film isn't Planet Hulk based, myself. There are so many Hulk stories we can tell with him still being on Earth and as an Avenger/wild card. Why ship him off to space so soon? Especially when Banner and Stark were such good friends. I also think that would be a weird detour to take in a sequel that likely focuses on Thanos.

I've mentioned it so many times that I forget its not a common opinion by now: I figure if they were to do a Planet Hulk as a "direct" sequel to TIH, The Leader could send him off planet and frame Stark/Fury/Strange. I'd get a kick out of that concept.

kaijunexus 02-28-2013 03:02 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
For IM4, I'm thinking a fusion of the "Demon in a Bottle" and "Armor Wars" story lines...

Perhaps a new weapons manufacturing company starts mass-producing armors very similar to Iron Man armors for military use, while Stark Industries begins struggling and it looks like Tony's company might be going under. On top of all this, Tony's armors are malfunctioning while he's wearing them and even end up causing an innocent death. Tony starts beating himself up about this and begins binge drinking and falling deeper into alcoholism.

In the end, it turns out that Hammer has secretly returned and is behind all of this. Ghost, Madame Masque, and maybe another villain are in his employ, and Rhodey and Pepper eventually figure all this out while trying to get Tony well again.

Of course, Tony recovers and wins the day through some super geniusing.


What do you guys think?

Ant-manic 03-01-2013 06:52 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaijunexus (Post 25286061)
For IM4, I'm thinking a fusion of the "Demon in a Bottle" and "Armor Wars" story lines...

Perhaps a new weapons manufacturing company starts mass-producing armors very similar to Iron Man armors for military use, while Stark Industries begins struggling and it looks like Tony's company might be going under. On top of all this, Tony's armors are malfunctioning while he's wearing them and even end up causing an innocent death. Tony starts beating himself up about this and begins binge drinking and falling deeper into alcoholism.

In the end, it turns out that Hammer has secretly returned and is behind all of this. Ghost, Madame Masque, and maybe another villain are in his employ, and Rhodey and Pepper eventually figure all this out while trying to get Tony well again.

Of course, Tony recovers and wins the day through some super geniusing.


What do you guys think?

i like the use of Ghost; i think Doug Jones could make it interesting. i think Spymaster should show up, as well.

MessiahDecoy123 03-01-2013 07:32 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
Phase Three:

1) Ant Man
2) Dr. Strange
3) Iron Man 4
4) Captain America 3
5) Thor 3
6) Avengers 3

2 movies a year, nothing too crazy.

Planet Hulk is too much like John Carter for Disney to make the jump. And I doubt Black Panther happens because Disney may not have enough confidence in a black character. They probably think there won't be enough cross over appeal. Though Django does offer a solid counter argument.

KillerCarlson 03-01-2013 09:37 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 (Post 25295703)
Phase Three:

1) Ant Man
2) Dr. Strange
3) Iron Man 4
4) Captain America 3
5) Thor 3
6) Avengers 3

2 movies a year, nothing too crazy.

Planet Hulk is too much like John Carter for Disney to make the jump. And I doubt Black Panther happens because Disney may not have enough confidence in a black character. They probably think there won't be enough cross over appeal. Though Django does offer a solid counter argument.

So you must think guardians will flop.

MessiahDecoy123 03-01-2013 09:41 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
I think it's a one shot.

I think it will primarily be made to set up Avengers 2 and sell dvds.

But Marvel would be wiser to focus on bigger heroes like Iron Man and Thor who can make well over 500 million worldwide. GotG will be lucky to make half that.

KillerCarlson 03-01-2013 09:54 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 (Post 25296365)
I think it's a one shot.

I think it will primarily be made to set up Avengers 2 and sell dvds.

But Marvel would be wiser to focus on bigger heroes like Iron Man and Thor who can make well over 500 million worldwide. GotG will be lucky to make half that.

if it makes 300 i dont know how they dont make a sequel. And i think it will since if i remember correctly it is the movie before avengers 2 and most likely will have big roles in that which will have fans flocking to the cinemas.

DeGenerate10 03-02-2013 01:57 AM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerCarlson (Post 25296349)
So you must think guardians will flop.

I certainly do. I don't think GOTG is well known enough with the general audience. Hell I've been following comics for most of my life and I don't know much about the Guardians.

henzINNIT 03-02-2013 02:54 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 (Post 25295703)
Planet Hulk is too much like John Carter for Disney to make the jump.

And I doubt Black Panther happens because Disney may not have enough confidence in a black character. They probably think there won't be enough cross over appeal. Though Django does offer a solid counter argument.

An established and popular comic book character is exactly what a film like John Carter would need to hit big. Could be a solid formula, especially with Hulk's renewed popularity. Marvel/Disney will surely be thinking of ways to capitolise on the character's Avengers reception, and will likely be thinking of an approach to the last 2 films that under-performed.

I hope Black Panther gets his movie if only to prove that the above logic doesn't exist in the system, if that makes sense.

ThePhantasm 03-02-2013 02:56 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
I don't get the "too much like John Carter" critique. The problem with John Carter wasn't the concept, but the execution.

MessiahDecoy123 03-02-2013 03:35 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
If Planet Hulk reminds audiences of the John Carter movie that could be enough to keep the masses away.

CastlesInTheAir 03-02-2013 04:22 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeGenerate10 (Post 25297529)
I certainly do. I don't think GOTG is well known enough with the general audience. Hell I've been following comics for most of my life and I don't know much about the Guardians.

I think having the Marvel logo alone will prevent it from being a flop. As long as it doesn't suck(which I highly) doubt, it will make its budget back. But you never know, it could be a surprise hit... or a surprise flop. But I doubt it.

KillerCarlson 03-03-2013 12:10 AM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
I think it will be a huge hit. Just like the rest of marvel's movies.

psylockolussus 04-20-2013 12:22 AM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
I don't think Guardians of the Galaxy will be a big hit. Its gonna be the "Incredible Hulk" of Phase 2, when it comes to box-office performance.

About me Iron Man 4, I think its necessary for Phase 3 because of course it will do great business for Marvel Studios and Disney.

RonStoppablefan 04-22-2013 05:23 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
Sounds like we might be getting an Iron Man 4 and possibly more from the new interviews we've got.

DaddlerTheDalek 05-04-2013 10:09 AM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
Iron Man 4 in Phase 3 would make sense.

dru-zod2501 05-04-2013 06:18 PM

Re: IM4 in Phase 3?
 
IM3 was a fine conclusion. I'd be perfectly happy if they never did another solo movie and just had Stark cameo in others. There is a whole big universe left to explore


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.