The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Man of Steel (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=453873)

Thread Manager 03-01-2013 12:21 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 03-01-2013 12:21 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Dr. 03-01-2013 12:34 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Me
With its artsy visuals and music, I thought the last trailer was quite rousing and uplifting. I suppose the challenge for the next one is to convince audiences (and skeptics) that MOS is not just a serious, Nolan-esque effort - that it’s action quotient is on a par with Iron Man, Avengers and the other competition.

Ack! With the prior thread closed, I can't correct my typo. That should be "its" (the possessive) not "it's" (the contraction). I will now turn myself in to the Grammar Police. :word:

JimJimBinks 03-01-2013 12:46 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
I went to Toys R Us today, and looked around for any early Merchandise releases. Found tons of Iron Man 3 stuff, no Man of Steel yet. Not that that's surprising.

Wheels 03-01-2013 12:48 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
The New Adventurers of Superman (1966) Featurette
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Superfriends Featurette
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Galactic Guardians Featurette
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

fanboiii 03-01-2013 01:58 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
cool :up:

Kal-El.9859 03-01-2013 02:49 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Woody that's EXACTLY what I want!!! And it's a PERFECT fit!!

WoodyROM 03-01-2013 03:19 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Awesome, glad that worked

Kal-El.9859 03-01-2013 03:26 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodyROM (Post 25293849)
Awesome, glad that worked

It is awesome....love it

Naite22 03-01-2013 04:47 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Remember when The Dark Knight was entering its last few months before opening worldwide? I remember many inside sources writing stuff like: "The buzz on The Dark Knight over at WB and also from insiders lucky enough to have seen it, are clear. It's so_good that it's already generating possible Best Picture Oscar buzz!"... That got me so excited, namely because it was in fact a superhero picture... I would LOVE to hear stuff like that about MOS! But I don't think we should get our hopes up for that one :-) With all the crazy hype around Dark Knight back in the days, I for one can not fathom that the movie actually ended up exceeding my exceptions the way it did! It is to this day, the absolute best and most breathtaking time I ever spend in the theater. My palms were literally sweating when it ended. I had been so emotionally engaged. I was completely out of breath when it ended. The movie went to hights I never could've seen coming...

I'm trying to keep my excitement for MOS under raps. But damn it, it's hard!

Marvin 03-01-2013 05:08 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
The third act of TDK is def better the first time though, the second time though, no so much. Don't remember any sweaty palms though. Goes to show what happens when you have an unpredictable villain. I'm sure the same effect happened in Bond. It's looses alot lot more than the usual film upon second viewing. The court room scene especially...

Anyways, now that we've seen the death statue in the batfilms(batman of all characters), I wonder if that either means we're more or less likely to get one the classic death statue of superman by trilogy's end.

Naite22 03-01-2013 05:12 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin (Post 25294569)
The third act of TDK is def better the first time though, the second time though, no so much. Don't remember any sweaty palms though. Goes to show what happens when you have an unpredictable villain. I'm sure the same effect happened in Bond. It's looses alot lot more than the usual film upon second viewing. The court room scene especially...

Anyways, now that we've seen the death statue in the batfilms(batman of all characters), I wonder if that either means we're more or less likely to get one the classic death statue of superman by trilogy's end.

Nothing has blown me away so much as Dark Knight did. The movie still gets to me every time I see it. There's not one little segment of that movie that drags at all. It evolves constantly, and it's a piece of almost perfection...

SkyFall did absolutely nothing for me. I will never understand why that movie has gotten so many great reviews. I don't care how many homages it payed to the old films and such. I found it very boring to say the least. Not a bad movie. Just boring. Casino Royal is, imo, ten times the movie SkyFall is.

LibidoLoca 03-01-2013 05:22 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Does anyone remember the poster who said Cavill had child-bearing hips? Good times...

Dark Knight 03-01-2013 05:43 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naite22 (Post 25294419)
Remember when The Dark Knight was entering its last few months before opening worldwide? I remember many inside sources writing stuff like: "The buzz on The Dark Knight over at WB and also from insiders lucky enough to have seen it, are clear. It's so_good that it's already generating possible Best Picture Oscar buzz!"... That got me so excited, namely because it was in fact a superhero picture... I would LOVE to hear stuff like that about MOS! But I don't think we should get our hopes up for that one :-) With all the crazy hype around Dark Knight back in the days, I for one can not fathom that the movie actually ended up exceeding my exceptions the way it did! It is to this day, the absolute best and most breathtaking time I ever spend in the theater. My palms were literally sweating when it ended. I had been so emotionally engaged. I was completely out of breath when it ended. The movie went to hights I never could've seen coming...

I'm trying to keep my excitement for MOS under raps. But damn it, it's hard!




The Aurora Tragedy hurt TDKR chances of any Oscar nominations or recognition basically.

The Academy and the other Awards Circuits wanted to forget about Aurora during their Awards ceremonies. They didn't want to be reminded of it.

DarthSkywalker 03-01-2013 07:49 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
I read yesterday about a leaked poster that involved a glacier? What exactly did it depict?

Kal-El.9859 03-01-2013 07:54 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker (Post 25295477)
I read yesterday about a leaked poster that involved a glacier? What exactly did it depict?

it was just a depiction of the take off from the full length trailer

BatSpider 03-01-2013 07:55 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker (Post 25295477)
I read yesterday about a leaked poster that involved a glacier? What exactly did it depict?

I would like to know as well. Is it just the shot of him punching the ground before he takes off at the fortress in the trailer? :huh:

Kal-El.9859 03-01-2013 08:05 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
It's very nice....

ThePhantasm 03-01-2013 08:06 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Is that just that leaked promo shot, where he's in take-off pose?

LibidoLoca 03-01-2013 08:14 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
I'm assuming it is.

Jwmakoto 03-01-2013 08:32 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Hmm, so I just read that Kick-Ass 2 was pushed back a few weeks. Rather than hitting 2 weeks after MoS, it's now set for August 16th.

Now I doubt this is due to the early positive buzz from the MoS screenings and wanting to make sure KA2 isn't completely overshadowed, but....maybe? I'm probably reading too much into things, but it's an interesting thought.

Liam_H 03-01-2013 08:36 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Kick-Ass 2 is not mega blockbuster film like MOS. August is a better date for it.

LibidoLoca 03-01-2013 08:52 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
It's not with that attitude. :p

FilmNerdJamie 03-01-2013 08:56 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Kick Ass 2 would have been Ass... Kicked in June. They didn't move because of Superman but because it was opening the same weekend as The Heat and White House Down.

Tacit Ronin 03-01-2013 09:17 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 25294783)
The Aurora Tragedy hurt TDKR chances of any Oscar nominations or recognition basically.

The Academy and the other Awards Circuits wanted to forget about Aurora during their Awards ceremonies. They didn't want to be reminded of it.

He is talking about the Dark Knight guy, not the Dark Knight Rises.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.