The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men: Days of Future Past (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=489)
-   -   Omar Sy IS Bishop Thread (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=453995)

psylockolussus 03-02-2013 08:27 PM

Omar Sy IS Bishop Thread

Another addition to the ever-growing X-Men series. I'm really interested to see which character is he going to play. If he's gonna be a mutant in the movie, I want him to play Bishop!:woot:

The_Shadow 03-02-2013 09:08 PM

Re: The french actor Omar Sy Thread

The obvious choice goes to Bishop, but does Sy have the thigh muscles to pull the character off?

psylockolussus 03-02-2013 09:15 PM

If he's playing a mutant, I think its pretty obvious that he's playing Bishop especially with the movie dealing with time travel and Sentinels. This is the perfect time to introduce Bishop.

More pictures of Omar Sy:
http://www.voici.fr/var/voi/storage/...FR/omar-sy.jpg
http://www.details.com/blogs/daily-details/omar_sy.jpg

Looks like Bishop to me! :woot:

gap5ewl 03-02-2013 09:32 PM

He's an awesome actor! Not too sure I'm down with him as Bishop though. He has a pretty thick French accent, and I don't think his English is that great. Here's an interview in English he did a few months back:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

laytonc32 03-02-2013 09:34 PM

Yeah not sure about him as Bishop. He could play a new member of the Brotherhood or perhaps Gateway.

jignat 03-02-2013 09:47 PM

What about a young Trask?
Since Bill Duke was Trask in X3, maybe a younger version?

some other ideas:
Maggot?-- He was south african, but you never know lol?
Gateway
Bedlam

Hypestyle 03-02-2013 09:50 PM

Congratulations to Mr. Sy, whomever he's playing.

on another level, it's sad that the X-Men mutantverse has such a paucity of black men directly affiliated with the team. "Bishop!" "No, wait.. Bishop!" "Oh, yeah, who's that guy? Bishop!" "You don't understand, he's the perfect guy for Bishop!!"

laytonc32 03-02-2013 09:50 PM

There is Spike as well, but I doubt they would use him. And it might be the same character as the one who was in Last Stand (although I don't think they ever gave his name but he had the same powers).

psylockolussus 03-02-2013 11:08 PM

I'm sure he can work his skills on speaking English better. He's not saying his own words so I don't think its impossible.

The Weather God 03-02-2013 11:41 PM

Some great ideas about him possibly being Gateway, Young Trask, or Bishop. I'm not certain who he'll be at this point.

Octoberist 03-03-2013 12:39 AM

Young Trask with a French accent who grew into a middle aged man with an American accent? NAH.

Mrs Vimes 03-03-2013 01:09 AM

If he's playing the time traveller that would be... kinda weird. His character wouldn't have any real ties to either old or new cast.

psylockolussus 03-03-2013 01:14 AM

Yeah thats why he shouldn't time-travel by himself.

JP 03-03-2013 01:26 AM

The idea of him and Fassbender speaking French to each other in this film excites me. Probably wont happen.

Mrs Vimes 03-03-2013 01:28 AM

I wonder if Fassbender's French was just as horrifically mangled as Russian by most characters in FC (even the supposed Russian characters!)

So was Bishop able to take passengers with him, so to speak, when he time-travelled in the comics?

And do his abilities fit the "time displacement" that Singer was so weirdly specific about?

Hawkingbird 03-03-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psylockolussus (Post 25301893)
If he's playing a mutant, I think its pretty obvious that he's playing Bishop especially with the movie dealing with time travel and Sentinels. This is the perfect time to introduce Bishop.

More pictures of Omar Sy:
http://www.voici.fr/var/voi/storage/...FR/omar-sy.jpg
http://www.details.com/blogs/daily-details/omar_sy.jpg

Looks like Bishop to me! :woot:

He's the perfect Bishop:atp:

Project862006 03-03-2013 02:01 AM

how can he be young trask when older trask is a Caucasian midget:o

BMM 03-03-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes (Post 25302909)
So was Bishop able to take passengers with him, so to speak, when he time-travelled in the comics?

In the books, Bishop isn't quite the purposeful time-traveler he's depicted as in other media. He moreso falls into it. So, yes, he travels with other people, but it isn't via his doing. It's due to other mutants with time traveling capabilities.

Quote:

And do his abilities fit the "time displacement" that Singer was so weirdly specific about?

No. If anything, they're similar to Sebastian Shaw's in First Class. Bishop absorbs energy/power and re-channels it. Think Sebastian Shaw vs. Havok.

bweurk 03-03-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

I wonder if Fassbender's French was just as horrifically mangled as Russian by most characters in FC (even the supposed Russian characters!)

Yeah! very laughable!

chamber-music 03-03-2013 08:03 AM

Guy is a a good actor. He could be playing Gentle, King Bedlam, Synch, Bishop, Maggot if his playing a X-character who was black in the comics.

Great Mind(s) 03-03-2013 10:21 AM

Bishop! Maybe.

Eros 03-03-2013 10:54 AM

more likely hes playing Gateway.

M-2 03-03-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octoberist (Post 25302715)
Young Trask with a French accent who grew into a middle aged man with an American accent? NAH.

Lol not that I'm saying he is playing Trask but on the accent argument... Lol I wish you heard Charlize Theron's real accent before she Americanised you would be surprised, changing accents can be hard but it isn't impossible.

I do hope is Bishop though... I would like it to be Bishop

psylockolussus 03-03-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eros (Post 25304123)
more likely hes playing Gateway.

Not sure about that.

They could have hired an older actor for Gateway.

Silvermoth 03-04-2013 03:23 AM

I have a feeling it won't be a known character. It'll be a role like 'The President' or 'Scientist who calls himself Graydon Creed'.