The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Iron Man 3 (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=492)
-   -   The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=455575)

Thread Manager 04-04-2013 01:08 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - Part 11
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 04-04-2013 01:08 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 10
 
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

mc7791 04-04-2013 01:08 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - Part 11
 
I like how they are not spoiling too much to early as well. Will be great to see what the Extremis soldiers can do and what level of threat that they post. For people in the U.S. like me its now just under a month. Has anyone seen any of the tv spots yet? I for one havent. Really great surprise when they come on.

Vartha 04-04-2013 01:27 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
I want to know why they keep pulling that Phase two video off you tube. I mean it's friggin advertising

ctsketch 04-04-2013 01:33 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vartha (Post 25519269)
I want to know why they keep pulling that Phase two video off you tube. I mean it's friggin advertising

they want to sell more box sets...it's friggin money, haha

Vartha 04-04-2013 01:37 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ctsketch (Post 25519287)
they want to sell more box sets...it's friggin money, haha

That phase one set's not worth 150. It's BARELY worth 40.
Ticks me off that for those of us who've bought the other films and in some cases multiples of those films, Marvel won't offer at LEAST the files and SHIELD disc.

ctsketch 04-04-2013 01:39 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vartha (Post 25519319)
That phase one set's not worth 150. It's BARELY worth 40.
Ticks me off that for those of us who've bought the other films and in siome cases multiples of those films, Marvel won't offer at LEAST the files and SHIELD disc.

I know =( I already have all of Phase 1 on Blu-Ray else I would have jumped on that box

Vartha 04-04-2013 01:43 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ctsketch (Post 25519333)
I know =( I already have all of Phase 1 on Blu-Ray else I would have jumped on that box

It was why I waited for sales on that Best Buy Gift set. It wasn't worth the 70 dollars they wanted for that light up box and book. I got it IN-STORE for 20

TheIrishAvenger 04-04-2013 01:44 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
I love how different The Mandarin sounds in every new trailer/TV spot.

ctsketch 04-04-2013 01:45 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
it's almost as if we have yet to hear his real voice...

Vartha 04-04-2013 01:56 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
I can't hear it, here. Danged library puters suck.

TheIrishAvenger 04-04-2013 02:15 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
Why are you using a Library 'puter?

mkilban2 04-04-2013 02:39 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
is it safe to watch this newest TV spot? as in are they giving away any scenes that seem similar or as important as the Hulk catching Tony spot? (still hate Marvel for ruining that)

terry78 04-04-2013 02:40 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
Define safe.

mkilban2 04-04-2013 02:41 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by terry78 (Post 25519793)
Define safe.


I thought I did..:huh: lol

Uh, safe as in like doesnt give away big plot point or 'money' scenes that I'll want to see in theaters lol.

terry78 04-04-2013 02:42 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
The big money shot was probably the multiple armors from the trailer honestly.

mkilban2 04-04-2013 02:44 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by terry78 (Post 25519827)
The big money shot was probably the multiple armors from the trailer honestly.

yeah just watched it. Saw a few new scene clips but nothing that ruins anything. Extremis soldiers look like they'll be cool.

ThePowerCosmic 04-04-2013 02:51 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by terry78 (Post 25519827)
The big money shot was probably the multiple armors from the trailer honestly.

Yeah, Avengers spoiled the money shot in the trailers as well with all of them teamed up as the camera circled them. Oh well, shots like those sell. They're not called money shots for nothing.

TheIrishAvenger 04-04-2013 02:57 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
I don't think we've got a big spoiler reveal ala the Hulk saving IM moment in Avengers trailer 2.

spideymouse 04-04-2013 03:04 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ctsketch (Post 25519333)
I know =( I already have all of Phase 1 on Blu-Ray else I would have jumped on that box

Yeah... I'm considering skipping buying the blu-rays for all the Phase 2 movies and waiting for the box set to come out in Fall 2015. Then again, that's over two years of not owning any of the new movies...

mkilban2 04-04-2013 03:16 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
you guys think this would have worked better as an IM2 ending?? I like it but it's basically the same there where the enemy is defeated to quickly. But I'd love to see that properly animated


VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Leenie 04-04-2013 03:27 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mkilban2 (Post 25520027)
you guys think this would have worked better as an IM2 ending?? I like it but it's basically the same there where the enemy is defeated to quickly. But I'd love to see that properly animated


VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The ending the movie went with is WAY better than this, in my opinion.

This kind of plays out as the stereotypical "damsel in distress" ending, which wouldn't have worked for this movie or for a character like Pepper, in my opinion. Also, the dialogue was pretty terrible here.

And finally, not gonna lie: The ending they went with worked a lot better plot-wise as well. The focus needed to be on Iron Man and War Machine working as a team, which was Iron Man 2's major selling point. It was just plain cool to watch the two of them doing their thing together, especially against Whiplash in his armor.

Tacit Ronin 04-04-2013 03:52 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
No matter the critical reception of this movie, it will not be reviewed by Roger Ebert. RIP.

jaqua99 04-04-2013 03:53 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger (Post 25519385)
I love how different The Mandarin sounds in every new trailer/TV spot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctsketch (Post 25519389)
it's almost as if we have yet to hear his real voice...

he's like a character, even in the MCU universe he's like a character. I said before, I imagined that he sort of talks in these fake "villainous" accents as a mockery, for a villain appearance

kaijunexus 04-04-2013 04:03 PM

Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leenie (Post 25520093)
The ending the movie went with is WAY better than this, in my opinion.

This kind of plays out as the stereotypical "damsel in distress" ending, which wouldn't have worked for this movie or for a character like Pepper, in my opinion. Also, the dialogue was pretty terrible here.

And finally, not gonna lie: The ending they went with worked a lot better plot-wise as well. The focus needed to be on Iron Man and War Machine working as a team, which was Iron Man 2's major selling point. It was just plain cool to watch the two of them doing their thing together, especially against Whiplash in his armor.

Agreed.

In fact, all they had to do to make that final battle truly awesome was double or triple the length of the final fight with Whiplash to give him this suit...

http://i.imgur.com/Z4UGI8L.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.