The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Marvel Films (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?" (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=456403)

kaijunexus 04-19-2013 03:30 PM

Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
Personally, I'm counting on seeing Daredevil, Punisher...and at least having some mention of Blade. :)

EDIT: And specifically, we're talking about characters that haven't been (and aren't yet slated to be) introduced yet in the MCU.

Zarex 04-19-2013 09:21 PM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
I would be very surprised if Luke Cage doesn't appear in the show. Privately owned prisons attempting to recreate a version of the super soldier formula through experimentation on the incarcerated would fit perfectly in a post Avengers world.

cherokeesam 04-20-2013 12:36 AM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
I *want* anybody and everybody to appear in SHIELD, but that ain't likely. I'd be surprised if any top-tier characters ever showed up, because there remains the problem of just how much interplay there's going to be between TV and movies. For the most part, Whedon downplays that, and for now, it's unlikely that any TV character is going to make the jump to the big screen, and just as unlikely that any Marvel character from film is going to "slum" with the TV crew (Coulson notwithstanding).

In a perfect world, the two will be interchangeable; but I'm not about to bet on it.

So for now, I'd only look for lower-tier characters to show up, and only sparsely at that. The evidence shows that they're primarily interested in creating brand new characters on both the hero and villain side.

xeno000 04-20-2013 12:56 AM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
I would be shocked if Jessica Jones didn't make an appearance in the show since Marvel/ABC are so eager to launch a series with her in the lead. Luke Cage would be another logical choice, not merely because he's married to Jones in the comics but because of his own powers and potential as a spin-off.


They might also choose to use Daisy Johnson/Quake, who is of course a SHIELD agent and protegee of Nick Fury. Johnson's powers would be very easy to portray, while her origin and eventual recruitment to SHIELD would be an interesting story to play out. Perhaps her biological father Calvin Zabo/Mister Hyde might also make an appearance.

psylockolussus 04-20-2013 01:37 AM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
Ms. Marvel! and Moon Knight!

metaphysician 04-20-2013 10:34 AM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
I'll go with Luke Cage *and* Danny Rand. You can't have one without the other. . . but you could totally introduce each of them separately, with their own subplot/arcs on the show. And then after they get together, you have spinoff potential.

Intouch 04-20-2013 01:00 PM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
Vision

blalex620 04-20-2013 06:09 PM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
I chose a whole slew of characters Ms Marvel, She-Hulk, Spider-Woman, Luke and Danny, Namor, and Black Panther. And my others are Daisy(Quake) and Jessica Jones. I think even if some of these characters are introduced on the small screen they have the chance to come to the big screen too.

JB-the-Hunter 04-20-2013 09:19 PM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 25648331)
The evidence shows that they're primarily interested in creating brand new characters on both the hero and villain side.

There is no evidence of that in the slightest.

The main agents of SHIELD are made up, yes, and for good reason. Joss can now do whatever he wants with each character, which is great for an ongoing tv series.

But beyond those characters there's no evidence of anything. There has been absolutely zero mention of any villains or heroes and there's also been no plot details. All we have to go by is the synopsis and our own imaginations, and I fully expect to see some familiar superheroes and villains, though not in droves like you seem to want.

cherokeesam 04-21-2013 12:35 AM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter (Post 25653649)
There is no evidence of that in the slightest.

The main agents of SHIELD are made up, yes, and for good reason. Joss can now do whatever he wants with each character, which is great for an ongoing tv series.

But beyond those characters there's no evidence of anything. There has been absolutely zero mention of any villains or heroes and there's also been no plot details. All we have to go by is the synopsis and our own imaginations, and I fully expect to see some familiar superheroes and villains, though not in droves like you seem to want.

Except for, you know, all the evidence that *is* there.

The *only* characters we've been told about except one are invented for the series. And the sole exception to that is a character who was invented for the *movies.* Well, maybe Jasper Sitwell gets a pass, assuming the rumors about him joining the show are true.

Until we get word of any "familiar superheroes and villains" as guest stars or new cast members, the show is almost entirely new characters. I'll be glad for you to prove me wrong someday, but for now, Jasper Sitwell is the only one you can score any points for.

Duran Man 04-21-2013 04:14 AM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
Matt Murdoch

the gael 04-21-2013 05:11 AM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
I would be surprised if Luke Cage and Iron Fist (You can't have one without the other) wasn't in it.

And, since Daredevil has just returned to Marvel and Marvel hadn't the time to plan his movie, he will surely be "tested" on tv (before another movie) So, for me, he's a given.

And, well, since they didn't know what to do with the Punisher, I'm pretty sure that he will appear also

JB-the-Hunter 04-21-2013 02:33 PM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 25654715)
Except for, you know, all the evidence that *is* there.

The main cast is made up of original characters, I'm not denying that, and that doesn't really matter anyway. But that's not what you said. You said "The evidence shows that they're primarily interested in creating brand new characters on both the hero and villain side." and that's BS. Show me where there has been any indication that they intend on using original characters for other heroes and for villains. You can't, because there is none. the main cast is made up of original characters, that's all there is evidence of. This thread is about all of the other characters. And so far J. August Richards in a "top secret" role is all we have to go by in that aspect. Top secret indicates a character that we have previous knowledge of, though I'm only speculating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 25654715)
Until we get word of any "familiar superheroes and villains" as guest stars or new cast members, the show is almost entirely new characters. I'll be glad for you to prove me wrong someday, but for now, Jasper Sitwell is the only one you can score any points for.

I'm not saying that there WILL be "familiar superheroes and villains" I'm saying that your claim that the evidence says otherwise is bogus. There is no evidence of anything involving the other characters. The main cast has nothing to do with them.

InternetPeople 04-21-2013 02:41 PM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
Until more information is released, this is all conjecture and neither one of you can be "right."

JB-the-Hunter 04-21-2013 02:49 PM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by InternetPeople (Post 25657353)
Until more information is released, this is all conjecture and neither one of you can be "right."

Not to sound arrogant or anything, but I am right. Because nothing I said qualifies as conjecture. I stated facts. It's not my opinion or my perception. My only claim is that there is absolutely no evidence that Marvel/Joss are "primarily interested in creating brand new characters on both the hero and villain side" THAT is conjecture. As if 6 characters says anything about the hundreds of characters that will potentially be involved in this series.


Now, although there is no evidence of anything, going by the synopsis released: "Prepare for an epic adventure that showcases the hope and wonder of the human spirit. This is a world of Super Heroes, aliens and the unusual – of action, spectacle and world spanning stories. The show will speak to the human condition through the lens of our very human, non-powered S.H.I.E.L.D agents – that together we are greater than we are apart, and that we can make a difference in the world." It's easy to believe and speculate that other familiar characters will be involved, though it will obviously not revolve around them

InternetPeople 04-21-2013 03:19 PM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
It could go either way at this point. We don't know anything for sure. There could be a mixture of existing and made up characters. We don't know for a fact how things will play out.

I think they will stick to existing characters but I don't know that and neither does anyone else populating this forum.

blalex620 04-21-2013 04:51 PM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by InternetPeople (Post 25657569)
It could go either way at this point. We don't know anything for sure. There could be a mixture of existing and made up characters. We don't know for a fact how things will play out.

I think they will stick to existing characters but I don't know that and neither does anyone else populating this forum.

He agrees with that, what he was saying is for Sam to say "the evidence suggests they're focusing on original characters mostly" is an unfounded and inaccurate statement.

JB-the-Hunter 04-21-2013 07:35 PM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
exactly

cherokeesam 04-21-2013 11:25 PM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blalex620 (Post 25658097)
He agrees with that, what he was saying is for Sam to say "the evidence suggests they're focusing on original characters mostly" is an unfounded and inaccurate statement.

No, I said "the evidence shows that they're primarily interested in creating brand new characters on both the hero and villain side," and I'll agree with JB that *that* is an inaccurate statement, since I appear to be speaking in absolutes.

However, what YOU wrote --- "the evidence suggests they're focusing on original characters mostly" --- is not inaccurate or unfounded in the slightest, because it suggests that they're focusing on original characters based on what little information we've been provided so far.

So I'm going to go with what YOU wrote and say "the evidence suggests they're focusing on original characters mostly," and that is a perfectly accurate statement.

So are we done with the semantics yet? :oldrazz:

JB-the-Hunter 04-22-2013 01:04 AM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 25660665)
So I'm going to go with what YOU wrote and say "the evidence suggests they're focusing on original characters mostly," and that is a perfectly accurate statement.

Well I guess you could say that's accurate, even though I'd still disagree. The evidence you're going by is the main cast of original characters, the evidence I'm going by are J. August Richards in a "top secret" role and the synopsis that was released describing it as a world of superheroes and aliens told through the eyes of normal people. The evidence "suggests" different things depending on how you want to look at it.

blalex620 04-22-2013 01:31 AM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
^^^ Haha my messing up your quote was semantics it's easy to see what I was saying. The fact of the matter is we don't have evidence to suggest we may or may not get only original characters for the show.

All we know for right now is:

1. at least part if not all of the main cast is characters created just for the show (which if loved and well received enough will find their way into the comics just saying).
2. the show will focus on the agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
3. the show will feature superheroes, aliens, and unusual things
4. Phil Coulson is the only known character from the MCU in the show right now.

It's easy enough to create agents since they're only normal(mostly) humans. It's a lot harder to create original super powered beings without giving a reason for it. Smallville was able to get away with it for so long because they explained it away by the meteor shower giving people their powers. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on the other hand has a harder time if they wanted to go this route because they are a part of a larger universe and any event that gave a mass number of people powers would surely have to be featured in at least one movie.

All that being said we're more likely to get a mix of original and comic book based characters on the show than to get only original ones.

cherokeesam 04-22-2013 10:54 AM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blalex620 (Post 25661197)
^^^ Haha my messing up your quote was semantics it's easy to see what I was saying. The fact of the matter is we don't have evidence to suggest we may or may not get only original characters for the show.

All we know for right now is:

1. at least part if not all of the main cast is characters created just for the show (which if loved and well received enough will find their way into the comics just saying).
2. the show will focus on the agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
3. the show will feature superheroes, aliens, and unusual things
4. Phil Coulson is the only known character from the MCU in the show right now.

It's easy enough to create agents since they're only normal(mostly) humans. It's a lot harder to create original super powered beings without giving a reason for it. Smallville was able to get away with it for so long because they explained it away by the meteor shower giving people their powers. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on the other hand has a harder time if they wanted to go this route because they are a part of a larger universe and any event that gave a mass number of people powers would surely have to be featured in at least one movie.

All that being said we're more likely to get a mix of original and comic book based characters on the show than to get only original ones.

Obviously, I'm still *hoping* to see familiar characters from the comics in this show; that was my hope for it all along. I just haven't seen any evidence towards that yet (in fact, quite the opposite), not even with J. August Richards' "top secret" role (all the "secrecy" around it may be as simple as him playing the TV version of Nick Fury, for instance).

Zarex 04-22-2013 12:31 PM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by blalex620 (Post 25661197)
It's easy enough to create agents since they're only normal(mostly) humans. It's a lot harder to create original super powered beings without giving a reason for it. Smallville was able to get away with it for so long because they explained it away by the meteor shower giving people their powers. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on the other hand has a harder time if they wanted to go this route because they are a part of a larger universe and any event that gave a mass number of people powers would surely have to be featured in at least one movie.

My thought is that in a post-Avengers world, Ordinary Joes will be inspired to put on colorful costumes to fight crime. High tech firms will join the race to create a new versions of the Iron Man weapon. Human genetic enhancement will become an even hotter emerging market. And the knowledge that there are other worlds out there will lead some to go a bit to far in reaching out to advanced, and possibly angry alien races. A meteor shower will not be needed in this show!

DrCosmic 04-22-2013 03:30 PM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
That's interesting. We've seen what happens when a lot of people try to recreate Captain America... what happens when they try to recreate Iron Man?

jaqua99 04-22-2013 05:28 PM

Re: Which characters do you think will appear in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"
 
I am making a bold prediction regarding this show, and the future of phase 2, based on a small hint/rumor that the poster, Jordanstine's source (had info about avengers, remember we were all asking him about it?) He mentioned captain marvel, once, then said nevermind.

Agent Coulson is Mar-Vell. That's my prediction.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.