The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Captain America: The Winter Soldier (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=527)
-   -   Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=456681)

STR1 04-25-2013 10:48 AM

Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/4/22...america-2.html


:huh:


If so, I hope its a just a cameo or a very, very minor roll. It might just be that the U.S. Goverment sent Iron Patriot to help S.H.I.E.L.D. fight off HYDRA as they are a threat to the U.S.

DN91 04-25-2013 12:12 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
I just want it to be a short acknowledgement or a very short cameo. Like maybe, have Cap acknowledge the fact that the government has made an armored hero that wears the flag like he does.

cherokeesam 04-25-2013 06:15 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
Didn't Cheadle say he was going to shoot a cameo for CATWS? Yeah, not likely anything huge, but it makes sense that Iron Patriot would be addressed in this movie. The question is whether or not the scene would be set before, during, or after the events of IM3.

Webfoot Hero 04-25-2013 06:25 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 25696271)
Didn't Cheadle say he was going to shoot a cameo for CATWS? Yeah, not likely anything huge, but it makes sense that Iron Patriot would be addressed in this movie. The question is whether or not the scene would be set before, during, or after the events of IM3.

He said they were in talks and would be willing if it fit within the movie's story.

psylockolussus 04-25-2013 09:11 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
Let him stay in the Iron Man movies.

ThePowerCosmic 04-25-2013 09:48 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
I don't see why he should.

The Infernal 04-25-2013 09:51 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
All he said was that he thinks he may go to the set. That doesn't sound like confirmation of a cameo and they way he jokes about filming a cameo if he had his IP suit in his trunk suggests he's just kidding. I doubt he's going to cameo at all.

BullMcGiveny 04-25-2013 09:55 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
Does Iron Man 3 mention Captain America at all?

DN91 04-25-2013 11:43 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny (Post 25697817)
Does Iron Man 3 mention Captain America at all?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
As far as I know (after asking about it over on the IM3 section), they don't reference Cap when talking about Iron Patriot's colors.
.

KDM1986 04-26-2013 08:45 AM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
A small part would be fine. I don't know why everyone is so against it.

cph9fa 04-26-2013 10:19 AM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
I think Cheadle has made it clear he wants to maximize his role in the MCU, but obviously he's not calling the shots. I think he's just hoping that if he goes around saying "Pick me! Pick me!" enough, it'll eventually happen.

antonydelfini 04-26-2013 12:01 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
Like Tony, I think War Machine is cooler than Iron Patriot.

kaijunexus 04-26-2013 12:11 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
Though I don't think it would happen...

As we continue to see War Machine appear in subsequent MCU films, I would love to see the "Iron Patriot" paint get more and more worn off with each appearance...as if Rhodey didn't even care about the paint job and doesn't see it as a defining aspect of the suit, so he just let's it get worn away and doesn't bother to maintain it.

pr0xyt0xin 04-26-2013 12:18 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
I'm fine with it. Just not a huge role.

Superhero 101 04-26-2013 12:57 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
It'd be cool if he helps out but I would prefer if he have a few scenes and that's it maybe a little bit of action too

Destructus86 04-26-2013 01:42 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
I wouldn't mind a cameo. He is after all working for the US and Cap is like the symbol of America. Maybe it could be in the start of the film. Cap and Iron Patriot fighting someone briefly. They shake hands and part ways as IP takes the prisoner.

bubbadoom 04-26-2013 11:29 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic (Post 25697781)
I don't see why he should.

I don't see why he shouldn't...

ThePowerCosmic 04-26-2013 11:32 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
If I said up, would you say down?

TheVileOne 04-26-2013 11:33 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
Maybe they will begin the transition in Captain America of making Rhodey the new Iron Man :D .

spideymouse 05-17-2013 12:06 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbadoom (Post 25705285)
I don't see why he shouldn't...

I think a reason would be that Marvel is making a point to keep these solo movies quite standalone from each other. Yes, there were some references to the bigger MCU in IM3, but all in all the movie was extremely focused on Tony's story. That's evidence enough for me to believe that this movie will walk the same type of line. To have Iron Patriot show up with no consequence to the Winter Soldier story would be unnecessary and pretty worthless, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind a reference, but no more than that.

DN91 05-17-2013 01:06 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
What if the film took place before the event of Iron Man 3? Hence no need for Iron Patriot to appear, since the President didn't rechristen War Machine as IP yet.

ericadawn16 05-18-2013 08:44 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
Wouldn't that be confusing?

Moviegoers tend to assume that when they see a movie released almost a year after another movie in the same universe that it's AFTER that, too.

TheHeatKitchen 05-18-2013 10:23 PM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
Well, remember that Iron Man 2, Thor and Incredible Hulk all happened mostly within the same week, while TIH came out in 2008 and Iron Man 2 and Thor came out in 2010 and 2011 respectively.

ericadawn16 05-19-2013 10:43 AM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
And if you ask the average moviegoer, do you think they even realize that?

Apart from Coulson leaving Stark to investigate Thor in Iron Man 2, we wouldn't have known they were all at the same time if the comic book prelude to Avengers hadn't said so.

BenKenobi 05-19-2013 11:44 AM

Re: Iron Patriot (War Machine) in CA:TWS?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericadawn16 (Post 25876713)
And if you ask the average moviegoer, do you think they even realize that?

Apart from Coulson leaving Stark to investigate Thor in Iron Man 2, we wouldn't have known they were all at the same time if the comic book prelude to Avengers hadn't said so.

?
Okay the Average movie goer, didn't buy the comic prelude to The Avengers. They knew it was going on at the same time because Tony Stark was in The Incredible Hulk, Hawkeye was in Thor, Captain America had the Stark Expo from Iron Man 2 as well as Howard Stark himself, and Asgaurd. Yeah there were plenty of clues that they were going on at once.

Anyway, I liked Don in Iron Man 3 much more than 2, however I'd like the solo films stayed as solo as they can. Cap can have SHIELD in his films, that okay, but aside from that Iron Man should be about Iron Man, Thor should be about Thor, etc.

If they choose to focus on Caps fish out of water status then a reference to a 21st century version of him would actually fit the story pretty well, however a full blown appearance could further stand to clutter the already dangerously packed film.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.