The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Man of Steel (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=348)
-   -   All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53 (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=456887)

Thread Manager 04-29-2013 04:05 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager 04-29-2013 04:05 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

i_Cam 04-29-2013 04:05 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by BH/HHH (Post 25721325)
That was awesome :woot:

Lol these mashups/spoofs are great. It's AMAZING how much time people have to come up with this stuff :o

BH/HHH 04-29-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_Cam (Post 25721395)
Lol these mashups/spoofs are great. It's AMAZING how much time people have to come up with this stuff :o

I know, I wouldn't have a clue where to start lol

RachelDawes 04-29-2013 04:09 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Especially when they mash up footage from a TV show. I can't imagine how many hours of episodes they have to watch before they find the shot they need.

TheAQU4M4N 04-29-2013 05:00 PM

Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

When do you think we will get those spoilery- reviews because I am just planning ahead. I do not want watch anymore of the film. The last trailer showed me enough and I am trying to go into that movie theater with a blank slate you know.

Mr. Dent 04-29-2013 05:11 PM

Anyone posted this?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Pretty awesome. Some feels too.

Kryptonian Warrior 04-29-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N (Post 25721805)
When do you think we will get those spoilery- reviews because I am just planning ahead. I do not want watch anymore of the film. The last trailer showed me enough and I am trying to go into that movie theater with a blank slate you know.

So why be in the spoiler forums? Go over to the non-spoiler forums where it's "safer"?

redhawk23 04-29-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior (Post 25722087)
So why be in the spoiler forums? Go over to the non-spoiler forums where it's "safer"?

Because there is basically no traffic or discussion at all. Spoiler threads may be a minefield but they are pretty much the defacto threads for any discussion at all, non-spoiler and spoiler alike.

TheFlamingCoco 04-29-2013 06:13 PM

^ Well, what might be a spoiler to one may not be to another. Like in the early days in which MOS didn't have Zod confirmed. Or that Jimmy Olsen MIGHT be a girl (I think its a relative)..etc.

So in order to avoid ANY kinds of spoilers, nobody talks. Of course, part of the fun will be seeing which spoilers are fake, and which are not.

MrMaooz 04-29-2013 06:34 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comme...key_exclusive/

Someone on Reddit claims to have seen the film.

TheFlamingCoco 04-29-2013 06:43 PM

^ And yet no plot details.

Torrente 04-29-2013 06:52 PM

Don't know if this has been discussed already and if it has my most sincere apologies :oldrazz:

I was looking at the sequence in the trailer where Superman is getting shot at and realized that to me there is one part where it seems like a different part of the sequence is shown we actually see either Faora (that's my guess) or Zod FLYING away...check these out:

Here is Supes...
http://i.imgur.com/oH6RnHEl.jpg

Then again him...
http://i.imgur.com/OMqHymEl.jpg

But here it doesn't look like him anymore and to me it really looks like Faora's armor..
http://i.imgur.com/DQk2rrHl.jpg

Also here...
http://i.imgur.com/hyuA476l.jpg

What do you guys think?

G.Godfrey 04-29-2013 06:53 PM

Eeeeh, at this point I'm sure plenty of people saw it already (we know for a fact one VFX group had the screening a month or so ago) but I don't do - or not believe anyone at this point, nor do I really care. A few more weeks and we'll get legit reviews (If WB is really so confident in the movie they will lift the review embargo early) anyway.

G.Godfrey 04-29-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torrente (Post 25722545)
Don't know if this has been discussed already and if it has my most sincere apologies :oldrazz:

It was but don't apologise! :woot: Hard to keep total check on these topics. But yeah, that is defo not Supes. I think it's Faora since the EW article writer said that Faora launches her own devastating attack against the jet attacking her in Smallville so that must be her.

Torrente 04-29-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.Godfrey (Post 25722587)
It was but don't apologise! :woot: Hard to keep total check on these topics. But yeah, that is defo not Supes. I think it's Faora since the EW article writer said that Faora launches her own devastating attack against the jet attacking her in Smallville so that must be her.

It is hard to keep up sometimes lol, thanks for the info Godfrey, hope your next avatar is the heat vision but coming out of Supes eyes :woot:

Also, I was wondering if the S is the symbol from hope, does that make the El house the family of hope? Are they some kind of "special" beings? Maybe I'm just thinking too much on Flyby's script...

souperman 04-29-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G.Godfrey (Post 25722587)

I think that is Supes. The sequence is him from the front and than a weird reverse angle as he flies off from behind... I think...

could be wrong... just a few frames. The last few look blue and red...a little

We will know soon enough... but not soon enough!

Lead Cenobite 04-29-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torrente (Post 25722625)
It is hard to keep up sometimes lol, thanks for the info Godfrey, hope your next avatar is the heat vision but coming out of Supes eyes :woot:

Also, I was wondering if the S is the symbol from hope, does that make the El house the family of hope? Are they some kind of "special" beings? Maybe I'm just thinking too much on Flyby's script...

I don't think it's really meant to indicate anything other than sometime in the past, a preexisting symbol meaning "hope" became the coat of arms of the house of El.

Kryptonian Warrior 04-29-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redhawk23 (Post 25722175)
Because there is basically no traffic or discussion at all. Spoiler threads may be a minefield but they are pretty much the defacto threads for any discussion at all, non-spoiler and spoiler alike.

Ah I gotcha. I don't ever go in there, so I didn't know there wasn't much traffic.

moviefreak 04-29-2013 08:19 PM

Michael Shannon: "This looks like a Monty Python skit."

Monty Python's Flying Circus: Bicycle Repairman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=U01xasUtlvw

X Knight 04-29-2013 08:58 PM

maybe in Krypton's past, the El family did something prominent that gave "hope" to Kryptonian society.

thus, the symbol of hope became associated with the family and they took that as the family crest.

I'd imagine it wouldn't be too dissimilar from noble families in our own history who have taken/received family crests for whatever reason.

probably related to what they've contributed to their societies, rather than some "prophecy."

Kal-El.9859 04-29-2013 10:52 PM

So I just saw on a commercial during Castle that there is a sneak peak at Man of Steel...but they didn't say when it would air. Since it was talking about Modern Family on Wednesday I'm assuming it is then

Jim-El 04-29-2013 10:54 PM

Sneak peak?? Hmmmmmmmmmm

ConnorKon-El 04-29-2013 11:00 PM

Sneak peak huh?

Kal-El.9859 04-29-2013 11:01 PM

I'm pretty sure that's what they said....could just be a new TV spot possibly