The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Captain America: The Winter Soldier (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=527)
-   -   Easter eggs (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=457275)

BullMcGiveny 05-05-2013 02:46 AM

Easter eggs

I'd like to see a scene set an Air Force base, where Sharon has to blend in, for whatever reason, so she steals a flight suit and masquerades as an Airman. The name patch reads Danvers.

Compi716 05-05-2013 04:09 AM

Re: Easter eggs

Unless they/he are already involved in the film, I'd love references to Roxxon Oil and Aleksander Lukin. Lukin was an integral part of The Winter Soldier storyline, and I think he deserves at least some form of mention.

Webfoot Hero 05-05-2013 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compi716 (Post 25766983)
Unless they/he are already involved in the film, I'd love references to Roxxon Oil and Aleksander Lukin. Lukin was an integral part of The Winter Soldier storyline, and I think he deserves at least some form of mention.

Roxxon has so far been mentioned/seen in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer with Coulson stopping at a Roxxon gas station and now in IM3 with a kidnapped Roxxon executive being threatened in front of the President by The Mandarin (it's a clip that's been shown when Kingsley was doing the press tour for IM3.)

mkilban2 05-05-2013 05:37 AM

I'd say it's safe to assume that AIM, the new found "brain slot", Roxxon, and the whole President/Vice President things from Iron Man 3 will possibly pop their heads up somewhere in Cap2, at least one of those concepts will be further added onto I'd think.

KDM1986 05-06-2013 10:22 AM

Wakanda and black panther would be nice. Really any character that hasn't been introduced yet would be awesome.

DN91 05-06-2013 10:35 AM

Winter Soldier being sent in to assassinate the President (who should be the same guy from Iron Man 3).

cherokeesam 05-06-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DN91 (Post 25774401)
Winter Soldier being sent in to assassinate the President (who should be the same guy from Iron Man 3).

On the orders of AIM, who are still very much in existence, and who still have designs on the White House.

And Arnim Zola turns out to have "evolved" into MODOK.

And AIM turns out to be a front for a HYDRA that never really disappeared after WWII; they just went underground.

And AIM shows off some yellow biohazard suits during a biological weapons attack, and their helmets are oddly shaped like those of a beekeeper.

jonathancrane 05-06-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 25774681)
On the orders of AIM, who are still very much in existence, and who still have designs on the White House.

And AIM turns out to be a front for a HYDRA that never really disappeared after WWII; they just went underground.

And AIM shows off some yellow biohazard suits during a biological weapons attack, and their helmets are oddly shaped like those of a beekeeper.

These would be awesome Easter Eggs.

ctsketch 05-06-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 25774681)

Well Kevin did say IM3 would have huge implications for Phase 2 so this would make sense... also AIM was a think tank and Killian was one man... so....

peterparker0077 05-06-2013 05:27 PM

Didn't IM3 state that Killian and coworkers created AIM?

I would like AIM and Hydra to remain separate entities to expand the villan base in the MCU

jonathancrane 05-06-2013 05:27 PM

I would not mind AIM and HYDRA working together in a future film.

peterparker0077 05-06-2013 06:12 PM

working together, yes, being the same entity, no

jonathancrane 05-06-2013 06:32 PM

agreed

JerseyJoker 05-06-2013 08:52 PM

No need to have an over abundance of easter eggs from IM3 in Cap at all.

The best thing is that when we see an easter egg its either something necessery (SHIELD popping up) or something small and not important to story, but interesting to find (Human Torch suit).

chiefchirpa 05-06-2013 09:24 PM

RDJ's cameo would make all the audiences go Ga-Ga

But Starktech energy shield can be cool enough.

Eddie 05-06-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero (Post 25767005)
Roxxon has so far been mentioned/seen in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer with Coulson stopping at a Roxxon gas station and now in IM3 with a kidnapped Roxxon executive being threatened in front of the President by The Mandarin (it's a clip that's been shown when Kingsley was doing the press tour for IM3.)

They've been referenced in all of the Iron Man films, actually. They seem to be located near Stark, or at least one of their buildings is, as seen in Iron Man. There's even a Roxxon truck featured in the battle against Stane. They also sponsored a car in Iron Man 2.

Hawkingbird 05-07-2013 03:27 AM

I think a reference to Captain Marvel would be cool (though for her to turn up completely would be better). I'd like a nod to Ant-Man too. Maybe a mention of stolen technology again, like in Thor.

DN91 05-07-2013 10:37 AM

I'd like to see more Cap merchandise on display beyond the trading cards from Avengers, to further sell the idea of Cap as a folk hero in the MCU. (Would even be a good way to justify product placement for Hasbro's Cap toys like with the Iron Man stuff in his films)

Webfoot Hero 05-07-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DN91 (Post 25783533)
I'd like to see more Cap merchandise on display beyond the trading cards from Avengers, to further sell the idea of Cap as a folk hero in the MCU. (Would even be a good way to justify product placement for Hasbro's Cap toys like with the Iron Man stuff in his films)

He did spend an early part of the war making war films for Hollywood so maybe having those refound and released as a box set due to the events of TA would be a neat element to include.