The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   The Avengers Sequels (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=446)
-   -   Should the Twins Be Split Up? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=458457)

Spider-Vader 05-23-2013 05:55 PM

Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
With the recent news that Quicksilver will first appear in 'X-Men: Days of the Future Past', it's likely that Pietro might not show up in Avengers 2 afterall. But what about Wanda? Should she be in Avengers 2 or would it be wrong for her to appear without her twin?

Honestly, I wouldn't want Wanda to appear without Pietro. Without the brother/sister relationship you lose a really intereting aspect of her character (atleast at first)

Mjölnir 05-23-2013 06:06 PM

Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider-Vader (Post 25914701)
With the recent news that Quicksilver will first appear in 'X-Men: Days of the Future Past', it's likely that Pietro might not show up in Avengers 2 afterall. But what about Wanda? Should she be in Avengers 2 or would it be wrong for her to appear without her twin?

Honestly, I wouldn't want Wanda to appear without Pietro. Without the brother/sister relationship you lose a really intereting aspect of her character (atleast at first)

Why would it change anything with Quicksilver for TA2? It's not that important to use him first that they'll scrap their ideas for it and both Fox and Marvel have rights to the character, just in different contexts.

Eddie 05-23-2013 06:33 PM

Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjölnir (Post 25914765)
Why would it change anything with Quicksilver for TA2? It's not that important to use him first that they'll scrap their ideas for it and both Fox and Marvel have rights to the character, just in different contexts.

It's not exactly ideal having a competing studio use the same character in a movie less than a year prior to your own movie. It will confuse the general audience.

smashmode 05-23-2013 06:34 PM

Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
No. No reason for marvel to back down

Chewy 05-23-2013 06:34 PM

Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie (Post 25915005)
It's not exactly ideal having a competing studio use the same character in a movie less than a year prior to your own movie. It will confuse the general audience.

No more than two studios releasing two Snow White movies three months apart

Spider-Fan83 05-23-2013 06:49 PM

Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
agreed...

but, these are not the Wonder twins, or Mas y Menos were talking about here, they not inseparable

they can easily be done as separate characters

in fact were they separated for the major of the young life's, before they were reunited (in the comics)

just saying

metaphysician 05-23-2013 09:34 PM

Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
I see no reason for Marvel to yield. If Fox really wants to throw him in, go ahead. It will only hurt their movie for the probable cramming. Marvel, meanwhile, is much more likely to put him to good use.

Farren 05-23-2013 10:09 PM

Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphysician (Post 25916373)
I see no reason for Marvel to yield. If Fox really wants to throw him in, go ahead. It will only hurt their movie for the probable cramming. Marvel, meanwhile, is much more likely to put him to good use.

This

ThePowerCosmic 05-23-2013 10:37 PM

Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
Nah, no Wanda if Pietro isn't there. I don't even want to see her that much. I'd much rather see Wasp or Ms. Marvel.

psylockolussus 05-23-2013 10:41 PM

Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
In my opinion, Marvel Studios shouldn't split them up just because FOX is using them in DOFP. And FOX shouldn't also hesitate to use Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch just because they are gonna appear in the Avengers.

If both studios want to use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, then go ahead as long as they aren't breaking any rules.

Eddie 05-23-2013 10:43 PM

Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
If Fox prevents Quicksilver from being in The Avengers 2 & Marvel keeps Scarlet Witch in, only one headline will suffice.

Fox lifts and separates the twins.

Hawkingbird 05-24-2013 01:29 AM

Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic (Post 25916833)
Nah, no Wanda if Pietro isn't there. I don't even want to see her that much. I'd much rather see Wasp or Ms. Marvel.

I agree. I actually want the twins in the X-Men and different Avengers in A2.

Silvermoth 05-24-2013 04:54 AM

Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
Definitely not but I think fox are disgusting enough to do it

cherokeesam 05-24-2013 07:26 AM

Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 25915021)
No more than two studios releasing two Snow White movies three months apart

Or two James Bond movies in the same year (1983).

def28 05-24-2013 07:50 AM

Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
Both Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver should be in Avengers 2, I think their brother/Sister relationship will be crucial there and do not want to see that lost. Whedon would not have been mentioning them this early if they were not important to the story.

I'm thinking a better option at this point with Fox would be to use Polaris instead of Scarlet Witch. Seemed to be a much larger demand with Lorna over Wanda showing up in an X-Men film. And Wanda is def more relevant to the Avengers.

BoredGuy 05-24-2013 09:35 AM

Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
Scarlet Witch also has almost no history with the X-Men, she's much more of an Avengers character.
I'd be ok with keeping Wanda and Substituting in Wonder Man or Vision, change the brother/sister thing to a love relationship

Aztec 05-24-2013 11:22 AM

Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredGuy (Post 25919473)
Scarlet Witch also has almost no history with the X-Men, she's much more of an Avengers character.
I'd be ok with keeping Wanda and Substituting in Wonder Man or Vision, change the brother/sister thing to a love relationship

Or you can have both like Millar tried in The Ultimates!

Mjölnir 05-24-2013 01:26 PM

Re: Should the Twins Be Split Up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aztec (Post 25920079)
Or you can have both like Millar tried in The Ultimates!

And switch their last names to Lannister.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com, A property of CraveOnline, a divison of AtomicOnline, LLC © 2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.