The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Misc. Comics Films (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Best CBM "Couple" (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=460875)

The Batman 07-01-2013 03:01 PM

Best CBM "Couple"

Which superhero and love interest formed your favorite CBM couple?

Green Goblin 07-01-2013 03:04 PM

Re: Best CBM "Couple"

so far gwen and peter. They are actually going out in real life...

redfirebird2008 07-01-2013 03:24 PM

Pfeiffer and Keaton.

StarLord 07-01-2013 03:31 PM

Stark and Potts.

Hammer! 07-01-2013 03:44 PM

Tony and Pepper. Not only did they have the best chemistry, but their relationship development from IM1 to IM2/Avengers to IM3 was phenomenal.

Top Five:

1. Tony and Pepper
2. Steve and Peggy
3. Peter and Gwen (TASM)
4. Clark and Lois (SM:TM)
5. Thor and Jane

These are the only ones where I thought the actors actually had great, believable chemistry

Senator Pleasury 07-01-2013 03:49 PM

The very best:

- Batman and Catwoman in Batman Returns. The very best to me.

- Tony and Pepper.
- Superman and Lois in STM.
- Peter and Gwen.
- Bruce and Catwoman in TDKR.
- Superman and Lois in MOS.

Below that:
- Bruce Banner and Betty Ross, although it felt weird since it started in the middle of the relationship itself.

The ones that I despise:
- Peter and MJ in Raimi's Spider-man movies.
- Bruce and Rachel Dawes.
- Thor and Jane. The very worst to me.

And to be honest I have seen Captain America just once and barely remember the love interest there. or anything to be honest.

I'd like to add a nice couple in a superhero TV movie: David Banner and Elaina Marks in The Incredible Hulk TV series pilot. It was so nicely done that it's incredible (no pun intended). It felt really and probably the only time I was about to cry at how moving it was. And there's not one single kiss or love declaration. To me that is the best of them all.

redfirebird2008 07-01-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racer Morose (Post 26258809)

And to be honest I have seen Captain America just once and barely remember the love interest there. or anything to be honest.

Oh, she was actually quite good! You should rewatch it sometime. It's on Netflix streaming. :yay:

Hammer! 07-01-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 (Post 26258957)
Oh, she was actually quite good! You should rewatch it sometime. It's on Netflix streaming. :yay:

Even though it would have undone the superbly executed, tragic ending to CA:TFA, I wanted Atwell to return as Sharon Carter sporting a blonde wig in Cap 2. Her and Evans were that good together.

Eddie Dean 07-01-2013 04:24 PM

Shield Agent + Galaga 4 life.

DarkSovereignty 07-01-2013 04:27 PM

The shippers call them shallaga.

Eddie Dean 07-01-2013 04:28 PM

:hrt:

The Joker 07-01-2013 05:14 PM

Stark and Pepper. Great chemistry in all their movies. Even the one scene they had together in The Avengers was brilliant and very natural.

cherokeesam 07-01-2013 05:20 PM

Lois and Clark in the Donner films. You won't ever see a more romantic gesture than a man spinning the earth backwards on its axis to reverse time to revive his dead girlfriend, only to mindwipe her not much later so she won't have to go through the confusion and heartache of having to deal with such complex feelings. Super-roofies.

Honorable mentions go to Bruce and Betty in TIH; Tony and Pepper in the IM/Avenger series; and Tony and Steve in The Avengers. (Like a frickin' married couple already, they are.)

Senator Pleasury 07-01-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 (Post 26258957)

Thanks for the info. I do have Netflix streaming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 26259411)
Lois and Clark in the Donner films. You won't ever see a more romantic gesture than a man spinning the earth backwards on its axis to reverse time to revive his dead girlfriend, only to mindwipe her not much later so she won't have to go through the confusion and heartache of having to deal with such complex feelings. Super-roofies.

The scene in which they fly together in STM was very romantic (sans Kidder voicing over the "Can You Read my Mind" lyrics, which was awful). You can see why she falls in love with him. He "makes her feel" she's walking on clouds and he is always alert to catch her if she falls. Metaphor and fact together.

psylockolussus 07-01-2013 09:48 PM

Spidey/Mary Jane!

kedrell 07-01-2013 10:29 PM

Tony and Pepper is about the best I've seen to date. Of course Mr. Incredible and Elasti-Girl was pretty well done too. But Pepperony is where it's at as far as live action is concerned.

After that I'd put Peter/Gwen, Cliff/Jenny, Clark/Lois(STM), Thor/Jane and Steve/Peggy all as runners up. They all had great chemistry. After that I'd put Bruce and Betty from TIH.

Green Goblin 07-02-2013 01:54 PM

2nd for me is iron man and pepper

BlackFox 07-02-2013 02:10 PM

Cap and Peggy.

Actual on screen chemistry and a "doomed" romance a bit more interesting than the others.

Tequilla 07-02-2013 02:27 PM

Bat and Cat (Returns)

Kahran Ramsus 07-02-2013 02:43 PM

1) Tony Stark and Pepper Potts
2) Bruce Wayne and Andrea Beaumont
3) Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle, TDKR
4) Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle, Batman Returns
5) Clark Kent and Lois Lane, Superman I & II

Majik1387 07-02-2013 03:19 PM

This poll needs a diagram :o :oldrazz:
https://imageshack.com/scaled/large/841/8ok5.jpg

DarkSovereignty 07-02-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kedrell (Post 26262233)
Tony and Pepper is about the best I've seen to date. Of course Mr. Incredible and Elasti-Girl was pretty well done too. But Pepperony is where it's at as far as live action is concerned.

After that I'd put Peter/Gwen, Cliff/Jenny, Clark/Lois(STM), Thor/Jane and Steve/Peggy all as runners up. They all had great chemistry. After that I'd put Bruce and Betty from TIH.

Who are cliff and Jenny?

The Batman 07-02-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majik1387 (Post 26266509)
This poll needs a diagram :o :oldrazz:
https://imageshack.com/scaled/large/841/8ok5.jpg

That is excellent.

kedrell 07-02-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty (Post 26266843)
Who are cliff and Jenny?

http://i44.tinypic.com/dp9vut.jpg
The Rocketeer

DarkSovereignty 07-02-2013 06:41 PM

It never actually occurred to me that Jennifer conollys character had a name in that movie, I actually thought that she credited as "boobs" in the credits.