The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Superman Sequels (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=315)
-   -   should batman appear in the MOS sequel? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=460959)

A&W 07-02-2013 09:20 PM

should batman appear in the MOS sequel?

So what are your thoughts? Should Batman appear in the sequel?

Shikamaru 07-02-2013 09:24 PM

Re: should batman appear in the MOS sequel?

No. I wouldn't mind to see another Batman cameo/reference but I don't want any Superman film to turn into a Justice League promo. For the most part, each superhero on the JL should stay in their own respective solo films IMO.

A&W 07-02-2013 09:27 PM

I think it makes sense. After the events of MOS Batman would want to get close to him and learn everything he could about him. He would want to know His identity, strenghts, weaknesses, and character. He'd make it a point to get close to him. a perfect way to estabish a bond betweenthem and help build up to the justice league movie.

ThePhantasm 07-02-2013 09:30 PM

No. I don't want a bunch of IM2-esque films. Keep the standalone films standalone, maybe with references to other heroes but no cameos.

A&W 07-02-2013 09:38 PM

it is possible that the sequel might not be a solo film. it might be a batman/superman movie or world's finest.

ThePhantasm 07-02-2013 09:39 PM

Then it isn't a MOS sequel, its World's Finest.

Jochimus 07-02-2013 09:47 PM

Bruce Wayne, maybe; Batman, no.

A&W 07-03-2013 06:31 PM

why would bruce wayne be anywhere near superman and the action and not suit up? he's not a bystander.

A&W 07-03-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePhantasm (Post 26269119)
Then it isn't a MOS sequel, its World's Finest.

yeah but that's not really the point of the queation. I guess you could call it the next movie in continuity with MOS.

ThePhantasm 07-03-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A&W (Post 26275119)
yeah but that's not really the point of the queation. I guess you could call it the next movie in continuity with MOS.

Its how the question was asked, and thus how I answered it. The title of the thread is "should Batman appear in the MOS sequel." I'm not a mind reader. MOS sequel means MOS 2, not "the next film in the DC cinematic universe."

And again, I think my opinion was pretty clear... no team-ups or cameos unless it is an actual team-up movie like Worlds Finest or Justice League. So either way I got to the point of the question...

the5timechamp 07-03-2013 08:31 PM

Batman no.. Batman doesn't need to piggy back off of Superman. If Superman has been established then they should use his coattails to establish someone else... maybe Martian Manhunter..

The Boy Scout 07-03-2013 11:23 PM

Batman? No. Bruce Wayne? Sure. He could even have a speaking role. But he should be a minor character, at best. And when I say minor, I mean minor. He should be completely inconsequential until the very end.

MessiahDecoy123 07-03-2013 11:31 PM

No, if Batman appears with Supes it should be an official team-up, like WF or JL.

Rowsdower! 07-04-2013 02:21 AM

I'd love to see Batman show up. I never felt like the films that led up to The Avengers were "promos." They were building towards TA, but each film still felt like its own thing, at least to me.

A&W 07-04-2013 10:36 PM

I would love to see them team up for the next imstallment

kalhawj 07-05-2013 01:33 PM

He should appear as Bruce Wayne not Batman in the sequel... prefer at the end of the movie.

kalhawj 07-05-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A&W (Post 26269029)
I think it makes sense. After the events of MOS Batman would want to get close to him and learn everything he could about him. He would want to know His identity, strenghts, weaknesses, and character. He'd make it a point to get close to him. a perfect way to estabish a bond betweenthem and help build up to the justice league movie.

I like this idea... would like to see Bruce in the batcave analyzing data he has collected of Superman at the end of MOS two... perhaps an end credit scene. Either that or Bruce approaching Clark and give him his business card and say " I know who you are and I need your help" End it after that... :woot:

jonathancrane 07-05-2013 01:50 PM

If there is a need to have him in the film, they should follow Iron Man as an example, and have Bruce Wayne appear in a post credits sequence. That option would allow for a direct connecting thread, and would not compromise the main narrative of the film.

ThePhantasm 07-05-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalhawj (Post 26286529)
Either that or Bruce approaching Clark and give him his business card and say " I know who you are and I need your help" End it after that... :woot:

Because that's totally in Bruce's character. :o

A&W 07-05-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 (Post 26277025)
No, if Batman appears with Supes it should be an official team-up, like WF or JL.

I agree. a WF team up would be the perfect direction to go from here. they have to live up to the massive scale of the first one, but without blowimg up the planet again. i'd love to see grumpy bats with the friendly supes.

A&W 07-05-2013 05:32 PM

but it CAN NOT be Bale!!!

ThePhantasm 07-05-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A&W (Post 26288193)
I agree. a WF team up would be the perfect direction to go from here. they have to live up to the massive scale of the first one, but without blowimg up the planet again. i'd love to see grumpy bats with the friendly supes.

Blowing up the planet? You mean Krypton?

A&W 07-05-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePhantasm (Post 26288371)
Blowing up the planet? You mean Krypton?

I actually meant earth. I was just exagerating when I said blow up the planet.

ThePhantasm 07-05-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A&W (Post 26288439)
I actually meant earth. I was just exagerating when I said blow up the planet.

Well, since earth isn't blown up... they certainly can top the scale of the first MOS, right? :oldrazz:

A&W 07-05-2013 06:23 PM

I personaly love superman but I always found him more enjoyable when he is accompanied by either batman or the JL. and I don't think batman would choose not to keep an eye on this guy after the events of the first movie. it would be out of character.