The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   MAGNETO Spinoff (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=461475)

GuestStar2004 07-12-2013 07:08 PM

Magneto Spinoff

http://media.bestlittlesites.com/ima...25.26%20PM.png

I think this probably came as a surprise to many but i thought it was worth creating a thread for.

-JKR- 07-12-2013 07:09 PM

Re: MAGNETO Spinoff

I dunno. I think Magneto's back-story, as hinted, was handeled pretty well in X-Men: First Class.

Specter313 07-12-2013 08:27 PM

Liefield was likely not paying attention when it comes to his "sources". There was a Magneto spin off in the works years ago, at the same time the first Wolverine solo film was happening, but the First Class film spawned out of many of the ideas that they had for the Magneto film, and the publically stated that First Class essentially replaced the solo film and it was not happening anymore. My money is on Liefield getting his wires crossed talking about the old film as if it was recent.

psylockolussus 07-12-2013 08:33 PM

The never ending concepts for spin-offs. If releasing movies is as cheap as releasing comic-books, Fox would have been releasing their 10th X-Men spin-off movie this year.

Angamb 07-12-2013 10:02 PM

This movie doesnt make sense anymore.

Yeah, he is a great character and Fassbender is awesome, but Magneto has been in ALL team movies to date, including the two versions of DOFP.

If they want to explore his relationship with Wanda and Pietro, a First Class 3 would be the route to go.

But a solo Magneto movie when Fox has two great full casts already, seems like wasting their potential. so.... FC3 and X4/X5.

psylockolussus 07-12-2013 10:11 PM

Yeah I would rather see a First Class 3 movie than a Magneto solo movie.

Silvermoth 07-12-2013 10:13 PM

Magneto would be amazing! He's my favourite character.

The problem I have is Fox can barely make two good X-films in a row and now they want to make half a dozen spin offs? I don't think they can manage the quality. It's ok for Marvel because they work so hard and really love and know the source material but with Fox I will have to wait and see.

Angamb 07-12-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psylockolussus (Post 26339657)
Yeah I would rather see a First Class 3 movie than a Magneto solo movie.

nice to read that

GREEN =w= DAY 07-12-2013 11:19 PM

weren't a lot of the concepts that were going to be used in a solo Magneto movie already used in First Class?

Specter313 07-12-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY (Post 26339999)
weren't a lot of the concepts that were going to be used in a solo Magneto movie already used in First Class?

Look at my post.

Gabe99 07-13-2013 04:16 AM

From CBM:
THE WOLVERINE, PLANET OF THE APES And "A Surprise" Promised For Fox's SDCC Panel

THR:
Comic-Con: Fox Bringing 'Wolverine,' 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes'
The studio also teases a "surprise" for its presentation on Saturday in Hall H.

Specter313 07-13-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe99 (Post 26340899)

Yes, everyone's already theorized that it will be an X-Force announcement due to the recent domain registration, or like the second like says, it will be an early glimpse at DoFP. Nothing about Magneto, which we have nothing to go on but a surly creator's twitter account.

GuestStar2004 07-13-2013 12:45 PM

Indeed the big surprise probably will be X-force announcement

MarvelU 07-13-2013 01:46 PM

Magneto is my favorite, but I wonder what exactly the plot of this movie might be? Do they show his child-hood, is it pre-first class? after first class? Do they focus on his son and daughters quicksilver, wanda and polaris as well?

GuestStar2004 07-13-2013 02:59 PM

Only learnt today that fassbender actually has alot of star power, it wouldn't be crazy to think FOX would wanna keep him

Hellion 07-13-2013 03:32 PM

I thought they merged Magneto, or ideas from Magneto into First Class.

GuestStar2004 07-13-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellion (Post 26343515)

If it happened it would be a new story

Great Mind(s) 07-13-2013 04:40 PM

Hmm. He might be referring to the Magneto film that was never made. I think what he means is, just because X-Force is in production doesn't mean it's being made. Magneto might still be "in production" and that hasn't been made. Hence the "until it starts casting" don't celebrate yet.

GuestStar2004 07-13-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) (Post 26344011)
Hmm. He might be referring to the Magneto film that was never made. I think what he means is, just because X-Force is in production doesn't mean it's being made. Magneto might still be "in production" and that hasn't been made. Hence the "until it starts casting" don't celebrate yet.

He did reply to some people who commented saying he probably meant the Origins story and he said that wasn't the case and this is a new development, but he deleted those tweets for whatever reason, but he hasn't debunked these many reports of a spinoff that he started which he probably would do if he was just using it in a way to say don't celebrate yet

Specter313 07-13-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellion (Post 26343515)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 (Post 26343557)
If it happened it would be a new story

For the third time in this thread alone, YES THEY DID.

http://www.slashfilm.com/x-men-first...dpool-updates/

GuestStar2004 07-13-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specter313 (Post 26344341)
For the third time in this thread alone, YES THEY DID.

http://www.slashfilm.com/x-men-first...dpool-updates/

If they made a magneto film it would probably be a new story featuring magneto and not the origin story, I'm confused what you are getting at and not getting :/

I'm not even sure why you quoted me

Specter313 07-13-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 (Post 26344373)
If they made a magneto film it would probably be a new story featuring magneto and not the origin story, I'm confused what you are getting at and not getting :/

I'm not even sure why you quoted me

It was the third time in this thread I'd pointed out that the Magneto spin off was blended into the First Class film. I'd taken the way you phrased your post in response to the first quote to mean that it would have been a story already if they had done that. It was a misunderstanding is all.

GuestStar2004 07-13-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specter313 (Post 26344415)
It was the third time in this thread I'd pointed out that the Magneto spin off was blended into the First Class film. I'd taken the way you phrased your post in response to the first quote to mean that it would have been a story already if they had done that. It was a misunderstanding is all.

Oh fair enough :yay:

kasjan 07-15-2013 04:05 PM

This movie won't happen, we saw a lot of him in First Class.
Fassbender looks too old to play 20+ years old guy.

Duran Man 07-15-2013 05:39 PM

Perhaps the film could take place in the years between his meeting Magda at the concentration camp and right before the events of FC.