The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Who should lead the X-Force? (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=461531)

psylockolussus 07-13-2013 10:20 PM

Who should lead the X-Force?

I think having Wolverine would a better choice for box-office reasons. He's definitely gonna help the movie to draw more viewers. But creatively, I think Cable would be a better choice.

Right now, since FOX is willing to make more spin-offs (even though they don't attract that much compare to the original trilogy). I want them to not include Wolverine/Hugh Jackman in the movie and see how would this perform at the box-office. If it succeeds, good for them but if not, I hope this will serve as a lesson again and another wake-up call moment for FOX.

Iceman 07-13-2013 11:44 PM

Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Absolutely no question, Cable!!

Wolverine can come in for a sequel though as he's a good fit for the X-Force universe. No Cable as X-Force leader is like no Cyclops leading X-Men or no Cap leading Avengers. Fine if they want to change things up down the line but the 1st film should establish Cable as the canon leader of X-Force.

Casius--J 07-14-2013 06:48 AM

I would rather no wolverine in X-Force. Keep it like the original and have Cable lead the team.

Fans of Reilly 07-14-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 26346867)
Absolutely no question, Cable!!

Wolverine can come in for a sequel though as he's a good fit for the X-Force universe. No Cable as X-Force leader is like no Cyclops leading X-Men or no Cap leading Avengers. Fine if they want to change things up down the line but the 1st film should establish Cable as the canon leader of X-Force.

useing Cyclops is not a good example especially 1 and 2 he only led the team only by name was in five minutes of 3

laytonc32 07-14-2013 09:59 AM

I think a Wolverine cameo would be fine, but he doesn't need to be in the whole film. With the right casting, Cable has a lot of potential.

Angamb 07-14-2013 10:04 AM

totally agree with most. If they get a great actor for Cable.... he and Ryan Reynolds more a great actress for Domino and decent supporting actors are more than enough to bring a decent audience.

This movie doesnt need to reach 400m, so we shouldnt expect more than that.

Kick-ass made low numbers and its getting a sequel. I dont see how this movie will be any different.

Iceman 07-14-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fans of Reilly (Post 26348989)
useing Cyclops is not a good example especially 1 and 2 he only led the team only by name was in five minutes of 3

Exactly why it's a good example as that is one of the things fans always complain about despite otherwise liking the 1st 2 films.

-JKR- 07-14-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angamb (Post 26349457)
Kick-ass made low numbers and its getting a sequel. I dont see how this movie will be any different.

Kick-Ass was an independent production (fully financed by Matthew Vaughn, with help from Brad Pitt's Plan B) and cost only $30 million. It didn't make much money, but turned out to be profitable anyway (also thanks to solid numbers from the home video market). This is an entirely diffrent beast. :cwink:

GuestStar2004 07-14-2013 01:37 PM

Edit

MessiahDecoy123 07-14-2013 01:43 PM

Cable, no question about it.

He doesn't even need the most screen time, just the designated leader like Professor X was.

Lobo 07-14-2013 10:37 PM

Yeah its got to be Cable.

Loki882 07-14-2013 11:27 PM

Cable, nuff said (Wolverine cameo would be acceptable though).

MessiahDecoy123 07-14-2013 11:39 PM

Okay, who's the wise guy who voted for Deadpool?

Loki882 07-15-2013 12:35 AM

Ryan Reynolds, he's been visiting the site under an alias.

psylockolussus 07-15-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JKR- (Post 26350243)
Kick-Ass was an independent production (fully financed by Matthew Vaughn, with help from Brad Pitt's Plan B) and cost only $30 million. It didn't make much money, but turned out to be profitable anyway (also thanks to solid numbers from the home video market). This is an entirely diffrent beast. :cwink:

Damn right!

If FOX is willing to spend $50 million for their movie then they would be fine releasing countless X-Men spin-offs.

Project862006 07-15-2013 01:31 AM

i think it helps members like cable, deadpool and domino dont need a big budget to show their skills like say a storm or a jean grey

Loki882 07-15-2013 01:38 AM

Neither do X-23, Boom Boom, Siryn, or Warpath.

psylockolussus 07-15-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project862006 (Post 26355551)
i think it helps members like cable, deadpool and domino dont need a big budget to show their skills like say a storm or a jean grey

Maybe, but do you think FOX and the producers want to spend less than 100 million for 1 movie?

First Class' budget was bigger than Origins. G.I. Joe 2 had a budget more than 100 million. WB and Disney has a lot of films that had a big budget (180 to 200 million) that underperformed at the box-office. Big examples of this, this year are Pacific Rim and The Lone Ranger.

Project862006 07-15-2013 02:40 AM

fox is much smarter with budget than most studios

psylockolussus 07-15-2013 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project862006 (Post 26356085)
fox is much smarter with budget than most studios

Not really. X3 was the most expensive film when it was released and it didn't look like it was the most expensive film ever. Origins looked really cheap and it had a 150m budget.

Project862006 07-15-2013 05:06 AM

didn't say a thing about vfx quality just said they keep budget under control

GuestStar2004 07-15-2013 07:49 AM

Oh come on if FOX get that worried they will just throw wolverine in and put him in the trailers, might even cameo Xavier or something

all that matters is getting this film noticed and if people like it they will come back for more if they want to make a sequel

cable and deadpool will be the new characters that may gain an audience

Angamb 07-15-2013 08:31 AM

they could easily do a X-Force movie with 80m budget.

Its about fighting skills, guns, and some explossions here and there, like most thrillers/action movies.

Yeah, some mutants will have a complex power, but it doesnt need to be a over the top mutant movie, but more realistic in style and story.

X-Maniac 07-15-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angamb (Post 26357337)
they could easily do a X-Force movie with 80m budget.

Its about fighting skills, guns, and some explossions here and there, like most thrillers/action movies.

Yeah, some mutants will have a complex power, but it doesnt need to be a over the top mutant movie, but more realistic in style and story.

Angamb, I seriously doubt there would be an 80m budget for this project. That's too low. But it needn't be as high as the budget for Man of Steel and Lone Ranger, which were too risky (and the box office proved that).

I keep wondering if Wolverine will be in X-Force or whether he will stay with the X-Men.

kasjan 07-15-2013 03:16 PM

Only CABLE, founder, leader and doyen of X-Force.