The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Avengers: Age Of Ultron (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=613)
-   -   Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=461569)

Mightyally 07-14-2013 11:31 AM

Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

I am going to list what I got that could indicate an involvement of the IG in Avengers 2 or 3 and how I think itīs linked together. Itīs a lot to read so buckle up.

After having read this:

1. If you do think this is possible, please share your thoughts and some more leads that you might have found that I didnīt. Perhaps you agree but some pieces are just placed wrong.

2. If you donīt believe that the IG is going to be a part of TA2 or 3 please share why as well!

3. If you didnīt read it all, just share what you think!

Acknowledge the Mind Gem maybe?
The scepter is wielded by Loki in the Avengers. It definitely had some juice to bring to the party. It could control minds, open rifts, shoot awesomely bluish energy and it also in some way changed the wielders and the victim’s mind and eye color(to blue). It is also connected to the cosmic cube a.k.a. the Tesseract, which now is located at Odin’s crib. http://goo.gl/bQewK The blue so called mind-soul/infinity-gem in the comics with Thanos kindaaaa reminds me of this scepter. Coincidence?

Thanos will be back
Thanos was introduced during the end of the Avengers movie. The uttering of the words “To challenge them is to court death” makes Thanos smile. His goal is to impress the entity Death (one of the 4 Big Bang survivors). So in the comics his quest to impress her involves finding the infinity gauntlet, which in the movies is conveniently located at Odin’s crib. Thanos should therefore go towards Asgard. Don’t take the quotation serious btw, it is more of an ending line thatīs telling us Thanos is going to enjoy visiting us in some other way. I think that Thanos and the IG are going to play an awesome part of what I believe to be an Avengers trilogy. It is also likely that he keeps pulling some strings in the upcoming movie Guardians of the galaxy. Iīm convinced that more pieces of the puzzle will be given in the upcoming Marvel movies thus linking them together more clearly.

If Thanos is at all interested in the Infinity Gauntlet.
1. The scepter was able to, with the help of the cube, open a rift. This made it possible to instantly travel vast distances in space. If Thanos could do it again with another gem, it would be possible for him to teleport into Odins crib. This is of course if an All/Sky-father is unaware or careless enough to not investigate what the cube is capable of. Since we have seen that Odin possesses knowledge of the gems and the IG it is safe to say that he also knows some about the cube since they seem to be connected. We also know that Odin is connected to the cube from the Cap movie? Odin is wise, no way Thanos sneaks in!

2. The IG in Asgard is hard to get a hold of and Thanos must go in with force, hence probably battle Odin (which only would be like the most awesome battle ever seen! Yes!) Of course Thanos would have to gain the gauntlet and some gems. But it’s way more likely that Odin gets distracted and they never fight, but still awesome.

http://goo.gl/WmmBH Comic-Con 2010
http://goo.gl/IvKei Thor the movie
http://goo.gl/MPYzq Marvel official webpage 2011/when Avengers were set in motion:

How come only certain gems were removed? Could it be because one of them was going to be stolen and used in the scepter by Loki? Warlock Adam is by the way given the green soul gem, and he is a member of The Guardians of the galaxy. So naturally green and blue shouldn’t be in Odinīs possession, which they aren’t. That doesnīt explain why Odin even has the IG with the reality, power, time and space gem. Well I’m just spitballing here, but perhaps Odin took it from Le Thanos before he could assemble all gems. If Odin had some gems and built the Tesseract perhaps Thanos came for it in the Avengers, Idk itīs tricky.

http://goo.gl/C3WFp If you pause at 00.28 seconds, you see Thanos hand. Why did they suddenly film his right hand like that?
We do know that IG in the MCU is right-handed and now we know Thanos doesnīt have it thus acknowledging Odinīs likely possession of it.

Now that Warlock Adam and his galaxy guardian buddies appear in the MCU he could manage to get a hold of the green gem.

Signs from the new Thor trailer that could indicate an involvement of the Infinity Gauntlet
Thor trailer: http://goo.gl/amtIW
Some believe that before the universe, there was nothing. They are wrong, there was darkness. And it has survived” My first thought was Galactus the devourer, (who I thought was the only survivor of the Big Bang). Galactus is known for using his Heralds, one dude that gets an item with the ability to channel power cosmic yada yada yada. Galactus doesnīt fit the profile here at all! So I checked and there were actually 3 other survivors. Death, Eternity and a super entity that actually is turned into the infinity gems: http://goo.gl/i90nO
Thanks to IMDB http://goo.gl/EVRVw it was confirmed that the movies was going to be about the nine realms since Malekith and Algrim were going to be in the TDW. If we talk Malekith, we could talk Surtur and if we talk Surtur we could easily be dealing with someone like Thanos. If Thanos is pulling the Malekith-strings, could Malekith in the trailer, be referring to Miss D or this Super entity that became the infinity gems?

It is obvious that the war occurs both in Asgard as well as in Midgard. This could mean that mighty Thor is away fighting which renders Odin weaker thus making it possible for Mr Thanos to bust in! Steal the Infinity Gauntlet! And most bodaciously get the hell out, only to collect the green gem in Guardians of the galaxy. We donīt know for sure that the gems will be separated but I don’t really think it is possible that all the gems are in Odinīs treasure vault. If they were and Thanos got them, the Avengers couldnīt stand a chance. If Thanos failed to attack Asgard with Malekith, would the Avengers defend Asgard (->the gauntlet) against yet another attack, no! I think that thatīs exactly what Marvel realized and therefore officially “released” IG V.2 to the public, making it possible to see that some gems were missing. Skadouch! The scepter/blue gem and Adam Warlock/green gem might be hunted and you can bet your bacon that the Avengers will be there to prevent the Titan from completing his golden glove.

Remember that in the comic books the IG appears on different hands with different color combinations. MCU has chosen to have them in their own way. First of all it is a right handed glove. Second of all the red gem is located on the middlefinger knuckle. We know that the picture of the IG from Comic-con 2010 is containing the same IG used in Thor 1 (Thatīs why it was in comic-con) so donīt get deceived by the bad picture from the Thor movie. It is the same gauntlet. The last pic of the IG from 2011 arrived when Avengers 1 were set in motion, it missed some gems. The gems of the gauntlet are from left to right starting with the thumb: Yellow, Green, Red, Orange and Purple. This means that if Odin still has the gauntlet itīs only going to contain the yellow, red, orange and purple gem. It is possible that the yellow gem (located on the thumb knuckle) isnīt there, it is hard to tell if itīs brightly yellow or just white but itīs shaped as if something was there so.

Donīt take this super serious. Remember that I am just a fan trying to puzzle some pieces together. We really know nothing for sure :) I just you found it interesting in some way!

cherokeesam 07-14-2013 05:16 PM

Re: Discussion of an Infinity Gauntlet story

Yeah, I've said pretty much most of what you posted here for many months now. I'm positive that the story is going to revolve around Thanos trying to steal (back?) the Gauntlet from Odin's Treasury, and he needed to maneuver the Tesseract into place in Asgard (via Loki's failure in TA1) to accomplish this. Of course, he'll need a distraction to keep Thor and Odin occupied while he snatches the gauntlet, and that's where the Marauder army (more Thanos mercenaries?) comes into play.

Mightyally 07-14-2013 06:22 PM

Yes okey! It is nice to hear you say that.

Back...Yes could be. I must try to find more information about Thanos before Thanos Quest. Then I can come up with a theory about how Odin got the IG.

I wonder how big Thanos army will be. :) Exciteeed

Vartha 07-15-2013 03:11 AM

I remember someone saying that Loki was supposed to make a deal WITH Thanos for the Gauntlet, I don't remember who tho other than it was someone with one of the movies.
It IS possible Loki takes one jewel to TEASE Thanos

Mightyally 07-15-2013 04:28 AM

Haha the trickster God :)

You donīt mean the mind gem? Or another just to make sure
Thanos wonīt win if he gets the glove?

Vartha 07-15-2013 05:25 AM

Gem, Jewel Loki borrows stuff without asking quite a bit. lol
BUT, what if it was ODIN who removed the Gem so the Gauntlet couldn't be used, seeing as Frigga had seen Loki talking to Thanos?
SEE this topic would be best in the Thor threads more than Avengers, even tho it would take the Avengers to CRUSH Thanos with the IG.

Rock Sexton 07-15-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vartha (Post 26356583)
I remember someone saying that Loki was supposed to make a deal WITH Thanos for the Gauntlet, I don't remember who tho other than it was someone with one of the movies.
It IS possible Loki takes one jewel to TEASE Thanos

Takes it from where though? That would imply he did it back in the Thor movie and that he knew of Thanos before he dropped into the void, presumed to have died.

Vartha 07-15-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Sexton (Post 26357185)
Takes it from where though? That would imply he did it back in the Thor movie and that he knew of Thanos before he dropped into the void, presumed to have died.

I remember hearing that Loki promises Thanos the Gauntlet for his help in Avengers.

NOW that the deal is done and Thanos gave his help, maybe Loki takes one of the gems to tease Thanos in some way or maybe even hides the Gem for later giving Thanos part NOW and Part LATER to keep him from killing Loki for not giving him the tesseract

Rock Sexton 07-15-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vartha (Post 26357273)
I remember hearing that Loki promises Thanos the Gauntlet for his help in Avengers.

NOW that the deal is done and Thanos gave his help, maybe Loki takes one of the gems to tease Thanos in some way or maybe even hides the Gem for later giving Thanos part NOW and Part LATER to keep him from killing Loki for not giving him the tesseract

Oh, ok you mean he's going to take it in T:TDW

Mightyally 07-15-2013 08:18 AM

Could it have been possible for Loki to take the gem back in the Thor 1 movie?

I mean that he had the gem in his possesion when he fell in the void? Perhaps that is why Thanos found him?
Together with Thanos tech (built by the Chitauri) they managed to tap into the cubes power. Thanos tought the cube and Loki to be of use so
as a leader Thanos gave his solider a gem/allowing him to keep it and told him to collect the cube.

Unfortunately for mr T Loki failed and now the gem as well as the cube are in Asgard.
Maybe this theory is insane Idk, itīs hard to speculate about^^

cherokeesam 07-15-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mightyally (Post 26357465)
Could it have been possible for Loki to take the gem back in the Thor 1 movie?

I mean that he had the gem in his possesion when he fell in the void? Perhaps that is why Thanos found him?
Together with Thanos tech (built by the Chitauri) they managed to tap into the cubes power. Thanos tought the cube and Loki to be of use so
as a leader Thanos gave his solider a gem/allowing him to keep it and told him to collect the cube.

Unfortunately for mr T Loki failed and now the gem as well as the cube are in Asgard.
Maybe this theory is insane Idk, itīs hard to speculate about^^

I don't think Loki had any Gems at all when he fell into the abyss, no.

But I think you, and Vartha, and I are on the right track here. The way I see it: sometime in the distant past, Thanos made the Gauntlet, and he and Odin (and whatever other cosmic poobahs) squared off in an epic battle which Odin (somehow) managed to win. Odin now keeps the Gauntlet along with other cosmic artifacts in his Treasury for safekeeping --- it *was* supposedly one of the most secure sites in the cosmos, until Loki unlocked the back door to let those filthy Jotuns in. But Odin took the extra step of removing the most powerful Gem from the Gauntlet to depower it, and placed/discarded the Soul Gem somewhere far, far away.

So now Thanos' quest is to (a) get the Gauntlet from Odin's Treasury, probably at least attempting that in TDW; and (b) get the Soul Gem "key" to power it up, and that's the maguffin that the GOTG find in *their* possession.

Nice, neat, simple way to link the Avengers films, TDW, and GOTG, and set up an Infinity Gauntlet showcase in Avengers 2.

Mightyally 07-15-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 26357681)

But I think you, and Vartha, and I are on the right track here. The way I see it: sometime in the distant past, Thanos made the Gauntlet, and he and Odin (and whatever other cosmic poobahs) squared off in an epic battle which Odin (somehow) managed to win. Odin now keeps the Gauntlet along with other cosmic artifacts in his Treasury for safekeeping --- it *was* supposedly one of the most secure sites in the cosmos, until Loki unlocked the back door to let those filthy Jotuns in. But Odin took the extra step of removing the most powerful Gem from the Gauntlet to depower it, and placed/discarded the Soul Gem somewhere far, far away.

So now Thanos' quest is to (a) get the Gauntlet from Odin's Treasury, probably at least attempting that in TDW; and (b) get the Soul Gem "key" to power it up, and that's the maguffin that the GOTG find in *their* possession.

Nice, neat, simple way to link the Avengers films, TDW, and GOTG, and set up an Infinity Gauntlet showcase in Avengers 2.

It feels like the red gem would be nice to remove
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...8494bc29c90132

jaqua99 07-15-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 26357681)

Generally, that's what it's going to be. Or Thanos needs the soul gem to make everything real? GotG is going to blow our minds I bet

xMagma1Tragx1 07-20-2013 10:49 AM

this sequel is primarily interesting because of the "end credits" of movie one ~awesome ~

Vartha 07-20-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Sexton (Post 26357345)
Oh, ok you mean he's going to take it in T:TDW

I would think Loki would do something connected to the "deal" they had to have struck while he was with Thanos and the Other.
IF, that is, what was said so long ago was true, or still is true. I didn't really see a hint in the Prelude comic but that Frigga was "swatted away" by Loki while he was busy with Thanos and the Other.

Mightyally 07-21-2013 08:28 PM

So I heard that someone talked about Ultron getting his hands on an infinity gem.
Possible? Tbh I donīt know how that could happen!

Any thoughts?

ares834 07-21-2013 08:46 PM

On the subject of an Infinity Gauntlet film, I just don't think it would work for the Avengers. It's just too big. Don't get me wrong, I love the comic but the Avengers are really just thrown in there. All they really do is get their ass kicked. It's the cosmic gods like Galactus and Death and the Celestials that are a "threat" to Thanos, and even then he just brushes them aside in the end.

Not saying it can't play apart, but if it does the film should be about the Avengers preventing Thanos from getting the Gauntlet not fighting him while he already has it.

jaqua99 07-21-2013 08:47 PM

Was just some speculation I came up with lol. Who knows.

Rock Sexton 07-21-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mightyally (Post 26426185)
So I heard that someone talked about Ultron getting his hands on an infinity gem.

Any thoughts?

No.

Broseph44 07-21-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vartha (Post 26405411)
I would think Loki would do something connected to the "deal" they had to have struck while he was with Thanos and the Other.
IF, that is, what was said so long ago was true, or still is true. I didn't really see a hint in the Prelude comic but that Frigga was "swatted away" by Loki while he was busy with Thanos and the Other.

Is it the Thor:TDW prelude comic that discusses more about Loki and Thanos' meeting? I might have to grab it.

Mightyally 07-22-2013 07:07 AM

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/20...comic-con-2013

I really recommend you to watch this video. It confirms alot of things :)

Ultron 07-25-2013 09:44 AM

Mightyally, that is a lot of work/research! Well done!

New to posting on the site, but have read for a long time and I have to say that was one of the best things I have read on here. I love the IG story and hope everything you pointed out is going to come to fruition.

I don't think they could do it in just one Avenger's film, though. I'm sure they don't plan on stopping at a trilogy. If they did the IG they could extend it into A3 or A4? Any thoughts about them doing something like that?

Mightyally 07-25-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultron (Post 26461501)
Mightyally, that is a lot of work/research! Well done!

New to posting on the site, but have read for a long time and I have to say that was one of the best things I have read on here. I love the IG story and hope everything you pointed out is going to come to fruition.

I don't think they could do it in just one Avenger's film, though. I'm sure they don't plan on stopping at a trilogy. If they did the IG they could extend it into A3 or A4? Any thoughts about them doing something like that?

I am glad to hear you say that!

Yeah there are SDCC interviews where they actually said that they have big plans for Thanos in the long run and that the next time we will actually see him again (and not just some of his underlings) is in Gotg!

So yes I expect (think itīs confirmed) that they are going to make a third A movie with him as the big bad wolf. I donīt know 100% if A4 will happen because thatīs like 5-6 years from, donīt know if they will keep it up that long. What I do believe on the other hand is that Ant-man, Deadpool, Gotg, F4 is on the move, which opens a spot for Ultron or Thanos to reappear. Both are villains that tend to get away only to appear somewhere else!

Iīll see if I canīt find you those interviews, really good if one is interested :)

Mightyally 07-25-2013 10:55 AM

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/20...comic-con-2013

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38238

Check these out!

DrCosmic 07-25-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mightyally (Post 26426185)

Any thoughts?

I don't think I'd like that. The Gem would kind of alter the character's abilities, and Ultron would end up being like any other guy who used the Gem to fight the Avengers instead of doing Ultron stuff.