The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Marvel Films (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Spider-Man Trilogy vs Iron Man Trilogy (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=461755)

The Batman 07-17-2013 07:24 PM

Spider-Man Trilogy vs Iron Man Trilogy

Marvel's two biggest solo characters. One cemented a comic icon, and another elevated a character to icon status. Which one do you prefer?

Green Goblin 07-17-2013 07:29 PM

Re: Spider-Man Trilogy vs Iron Man Trilogy

I like SM1 and I really like SM2. I'd take both over the mediocre IM2 and awful IM3 though IM1 is the best film.

Human Torch 07-17-2013 07:37 PM

Eh,it's a tough call,since the Iron Man films elevated a "2nd tier" character to icon status.An unheard of feat.

But,minor gripes aside,as a huge Spidey fan,Raimi delivered the goods,so my vote is Spidey.

blalex620 07-17-2013 08:50 PM

As much as I loved the Spider-Man trilogy growing up, the IM films are my go to superhero films so I had to vote IM.

Duran Man 07-17-2013 08:58 PM

The Iron Man trilogy; it's the second cbm trilogy where the quality improved after each film.

DACrowe 07-17-2013 09:00 PM

I know Iron Man is going to win, but I voted Spider-Man trilogy anyway.

Spider-Man 2 is definitely better than any of the IM films and SM1, for my money, is as well. It is a refreshingly fun and rewatchable take on the origin. IM goes limp for me the moment he leaves the cave on rewatch.

As for the "low point" of each, SM3 and IM2. I can say that there are enough good moments in SM3 (the birth of Sandman, birth of Venom, any scene with Harry, etc.) that I can at least find it entertaining. IM2 is a complete bore other than the scenes in France.

Just my opinion.

psylockolussus 07-17-2013 09:50 PM

Iron Man trilogy = more consistent

Spider-Man trilogy = more EPIC!

Spider-Man trilogy is better!

Kahran Ramsus 07-17-2013 10:07 PM

As an Iron Man fan, Spider-Man. While it does have the weakest of the six films, SM2 is by far the best and while I prefer IM1, SM1 isn't far behind it.

RDJ's Iron Man is the better character and performance, but Spider-Man is in the better films.

MCU 07-17-2013 10:12 PM

Crazy how some people have such different opinions. Looking at above post I see some people praise Spider-Man 2 and I will never understand it, cause imho, Spider-Man 2 sucks. Like worse than Iron Man 2 for me for sure. I never understood why its praised. The first Spider-Man is way better imo. For me, Iron Man the first is better than all by far and large. Both Iron Man 2 and 3 are solid, both have their brightspots and both are better than Spider-Man 2 and one of the worst films I have ever seen...Spider-Man 3.

Saitou Hajime 07-17-2013 10:53 PM

Iron Man = Spider-Man 2
Iron Man 3 = Spider-Man
Iron Man 2 > Spider-Man 3

Iron Man for me.

lordofthenerds 07-17-2013 11:19 PM

Spider-Man 3 may be a laughable cluster****, but I enjoyed the first two installments of the Spider-Man trilogy more than any of the Iron Man movies.

So, Spider-Man.

Moridin 07-18-2013 08:14 AM

I rewatched Spidey 1&2 earlier this year and was surprised to find 2 not nearly as good as I remembered. Franco's performance is pretty awful and everything about Mary Jane is flat out intolerable. Overall still quite a good film, but those two things (along with some other niggles) really drag it down. I'd easily take Spider-man 1 over it.

IM3
IM1/SM1
SM2

IM2

SM3

---
Iron Man for me.

MessiahDecoy123 07-18-2013 08:24 AM

IM > SM2 > IM3 > SM > IM2 >>>>>> SM3

Iron Man wins.

Ms. Marvel 07-18-2013 09:14 AM

Im > im3 > sm2 > im2 > sm >>> sm3

So, Iron Man.

AVEITWITHJAMON 07-18-2013 10:09 AM

It has to be Spiderman for me, Spiderman 3 and Iron Man 2 are about equal. Iron Man the best of that franchise isnt as good as Spiderman 2 by a long way for me and Spiderman 1 is better than Iron man 3 with being the 2nd best in their respective franchises. So Spidey definately wins this one.

marcvader 07-18-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime (Post 26381813)
Iron Man = Spider-Man 2
Iron Man 3 = Spider-Man
Iron Man 2 >>> Spider-Man 3

Iron Man for me.

This is pretty much my view as well.

Iron Man for me as well but not by much.

The Batman 07-18-2013 11:44 AM

I voted Spider Man. The first two movies are very good to great. The only IM film on that level is the first one.

MessiahDecoy123 07-18-2013 12:44 PM

I think you can watch the IM trilogy from start to finish and be satisfied afterward.

Can't say the same for SM1-SM3.

kaijunexus 07-18-2013 01:49 PM

I really like Spider-Man 2. I used to love it...but then I realized that it was the action scenes that I really loved. Mainly the bank heist and the train sequence. However, after a long time, I realized the story and characters just didn't make a whole lot of sense for the most-part.

Same can't be said about Iron Man 1, however. That film is pure gold, through and through. So, in regards to the best two films in each series, Iron Man already wins hands-down.

As for my second-favorites in each series...

I love Iron Man 3. Does it have the same perfect character arc and emotional depth that Iron Man had? Not quite. But damn is it fun. I really enjoy the hell out of that movie.

Spider-Man 1? It's good. It introduces the character and lays the groundwork and has some good character moments. But it's not great. And that Goblin suit...I don't know if I can ever truly forgive it.

So that's already 2 for Iron Man and 0 Spidey...and we haven't even hit Iron Man 2 and Spider-Man 3, which I'll keep short.

Iron Man 2 is fun, but deeply flawed. Spider-Man 3 sucks donkey testicles.

IRON MAN WINS!!

Iron_Stark 07-18-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime (Post 26381813)
Iron Man = Spider-Man 2
Iron Man 3 = Spider-Man
Iron Man 2 > Spider-Man 3

Iron Man for me.

That's how I see it aswell, although

Iron Man 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :barf:Spider-Man3

Green Goblin 07-18-2013 03:00 PM

as awful as Spider-Man 3 is I would take it over IM3 IMO

TheHeatKitchen 07-18-2013 03:41 PM

Iron Man - 9
Iron Man 2 - 5
Iron Man 3 - 7
Total - 21/30

Spider-Man - 7.5
Spider-Man 2 - 8
Spider-Man 3 - 3.5
Total - 19/30

Iron Man wins.

Spider-Aziz 07-18-2013 03:50 PM

As far as both franchises go and how I rank them in order
IM2 > IM 1 (I'm yet to see IM3, I hate movie theaters. Saw MoS cause I give Superman far higher priority)

I enjoy all 3 Spidey films, and I'd rank them like this in fun order:
SM3 > SM1 > SM2

So far the tally goes for me
IM2 > IM1 > SM3 > SM1 > SM2
Iron Man wins even before watching 3. Hilarious

Ms. Marvel 07-18-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz (Post 26387883)
As far as both franchises go and how I rank them in order
IM2 > IM 1 (I'm yet to see IM3, I hate movie theaters. Saw MoS cause I give Superman far higher priority)

I enjoy all 3 Spidey films, and I'd rank them like this in fun order:
SM3 > SM1 > SM2

So far the tally goes for me
IM2 > IM1 > SM3 > SM1 > SM2
Iron Man wins even before watching 3. Hilarious

Out of curiosity, why? :oldrazz:

BlackFox 07-18-2013 04:06 PM

Spidermans trilogy had two great films, the second being one of the genres best and one stinker.

Ironman had two good films and one stinker.

Spidey wins for me.