The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Marvel Films (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   MCU SDCC '13 Speculation Thread (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=461833)

Aztec 07-18-2013 10:21 PM

MCU SDCC '13 Speculation Thread

So with Marvel about to take over Hall H on Saturday, what news do you think we'll get?

Some possibilities:

1) Thor: TDW footage (confirmed)
2) Cap: TWS footage (confirmed)
3) GOTG footage
4) Avengers 2 title reveal
5) Avengers 2 villain reveal
6) Dr. Strange reveal
7) Phase 3 line up
8) Thanos news
9) Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver news
10) An announcement that Phase 3 will focus on the Infinity Gauntlet storyline (fingers crossed)

What are your thoughts?

lozzy.94 07-18-2013 10:47 PM

Re: MCU SDCC '13 Speculation Thread

I dont think we will see GOTG footage since it just started filming, but we could get the first production still.

cherokeesam 07-18-2013 10:59 PM

1) Thor TDW footage/new trailer, incl. first look at Kurse
2) CATWS footage, incl. first look at Crossbones in costume and Emily Van Camp in white jumpsuit as Sharon Carter/Agent 13, and the jasper Sitwell/Sen. Stern spoiler scene most of us already know about
3) more GOTG casting news, incl. Rocket Raccoon, Groot, and THANOS
4) Avengers 2 news: Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver actors named
5) Ant-Man: lead actor(s) named
6) Vin Diesel drops by to announce he is either Vision or Thanos
7) Phase 3 lineup announced. Dr. Strange, Black Panther, TIH2, Thor 3, Cap 3, Avengers 3.
8) More info about "Agents of SHIELD" TV show.
9) Announcement of plans for Marvel's "street level" heroes: either a plan to start releasing small-budget (20-30 mil) movies, or an edgier, darker TV series. Names dropped include Luke Cage, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Punisher, and Ghost Rider.
10) Something completely out of left field. Marvel announces something like Namor, Moon Knight, Inhumans, Captain (Ms.) Marvel, Sentry or such.

blalex620 07-18-2013 10:59 PM

Well a Marvel exec said they're revealing something from GotG, whether that's a first look at footage or the rest of the cast revealed or just a look at Rocket and Groot who knows, but I do think we're see something from it.

I think we may get a subtitle for Avengers 2. Also I think we may get a reveal for at least one of the movie dates announced.

I hope we hear something about Carol and Strange and BP.

venom892 07-18-2013 11:19 PM

I think officially the only thing that has been said is looks at Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Solider. I can see stuff about Guardians of the Galaxy like casting, a still and the like being revealed. Maybe we'll get an Avengers subtitle, But I don't think we'll get much more than that. I also would be very surprised to see anything about Phase 3.Just because they've chosen the dates, doesn't mean they know what films they've release those days. I think they are waiting to see how Thor, Cap and GOTG perform, before committing to anything.

Moridin 07-19-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lozzy.94 (Post 26392175)
I dont think we will see GOTG footage since it just started filming, but we could get the first production still.

GotG has been filming nearly 4 weeks.

Captain America:TFA had a panel with Johnston, Evans & Weaving with some test footage and they had only been filming 2 weeks, so it's entirely possible.

R_Hythlodeus 07-19-2013 07:53 AM

I think we will get confirmation on Strange. It is time.

Webfoot Hero 07-19-2013 03:48 PM

Vin Diesel confirmed that he'll be part of the Marvel Universe and it'll be announced by the end of the month. It'll be interesting to see what role he has.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/comi...g-news-coming/

Endeavor 07-19-2013 03:58 PM

I think he'll be Vision.

BatsDC 07-19-2013 04:16 PM

Groot, perhaps?

Aztec 07-19-2013 09:58 PM

I call Rocket Raccoon for Vin Diesel. Also rumors are beginning to surface about an Avengers 2 cast on stage and a Black Panther announcement tomorrow night. Fingers crossed!

Ms. Marvel 07-19-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 26392309)
2) CATWS footage, incl. first look at Crossbones in costume and Emily Van Camp in white jumpsuit as Sharon Carter/Agent 13, and the jasper Sitwell/Sen. Stern spoiler scene most of us already know about

Seriously?? :woot:

Now I'm excited! :cap:

Webfoot Hero 07-19-2013 10:56 PM

Supposedly Aaron Johnson let it slip today that he's been reading up on Quicksilver and that a contract may have already been ironed out with Marvel.

Webfoot Hero 07-19-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam (Post 26392309)
1) Thor TDW footage/new trailer, incl. first look at Kurse
3) more GOTG casting news, incl. Rocket Raccoon, Groot, and THANOS
4) Avengers 2 news: Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver actors named
5) Ant-Man: lead actor(s) named
6) Vin Diesel drops by to announce he is either Vision or Thanos
7) Phase 3 lineup announced. Dr. Strange, Black Panther, TIH2, Thor 3, Cap 3, Avengers 3.
8) More info about "Agents of SHIELD" TV show.
9) Announcement of plans for Marvel's "street level" heroes: either a plan to start releasing small-budget (20-30 mil) movies, or an edgier, darker TV series. Names dropped include Luke Cage, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Punisher, and Ghost Rider.
10) Something completely out of left field. Marvel announces something like Namor, Moon Knight, Inhumans, Captain (Ms.) Marvel, Sentry or such.

Love that list. I'd gladly take even half of that list and it'd still be a big win for Marvel.

Mr. Dent 07-19-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero (Post 26402077)
Supposedly Aaron Johnson let it slip today that he's been reading up on Quicksilver and that a contract may have already been ironed out with Marvel.

If you call him saying it's a "prospect" and his wife buying him an issue of X-Men #3 all that.

Ms. Marvel 07-19-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero (Post 26402077)

I'm having trouble picturing him with white hair. Are they going that route or do we not know?

flickchick85 07-20-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel (Post 26402427)
I'm having trouble picturing him with white hair.

Just picture Hanna. :oldrazz: Seriously though, he and Saoirse Ronan sometimes look so similar it's freaky to me. Also, while he wasn't white-haired, he was quite blonde in Anna Karenina.

Ms. Marvel 07-20-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flickchick85 (Post 26402759)
Just picture Hanna. :oldrazz: Seriously though, he and Saoirse Ronan sometimes look so similar it's freaky to me. Also, while he wasn't white-haired, he was quite blonde in Anna Karenina.

I honestly would have never recognised him if I hadn't read that. :funny:

Doc Ock 07-20-2013 02:13 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel's panel ends up being the most exciting!

cherokeesam 07-20-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flickchick85 (Post 26402759)

Saoirse has already specifically taken herself out of the running in an interview this week, though. From his comments at SDCC yesterday, Aaron seems like he *has* taken Marvel up on the offer. So we'll have to find another sister that looks freaky similar to him.

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs 07-20-2013 12:39 PM

man I can't wait till the panel tonight. is there any live blogging going on?

marcvader 07-20-2013 12:53 PM

1. Thor footage revealing Kurse
2. Cap footage
3. Crossbones reveal
4. Guardians of the Galaxy casting news revealing voice actors for Rocket and Groot
5. Vin Diesel's casting reveal
6. Avengers 2 news : Scarlet Witch and QS casting news
7. Ant-Man news : pre-production has begun
8. MCU new additions revealed: Dr. Strange and Black Panther
9. Something new really exciting unbeknownst to the fandom

Silvermoth 07-20-2013 04:45 PM

After the reveal of worlds finest, it's gonna have to be big news!

Raiden 07-20-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvermoth (Post 26409633)
After the reveal of worlds finest, it's gonna have to be big news!

As if having Avengers 2 and Episode 7 aren't enough for 2015, now we got Worlds Finest thrown into it too.

marcvader 07-20-2013 05:03 PM

I think MS plate is as full as it needs to be. They have enough exciting stuff going on. It's about time WB has something exciting enough to match what MS has been doing the last few years and coming down the road. I say welcome WB it's about time you joined the crossover fun.