The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Marvel Films (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Avengers 2: Age of Ultron (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=461979)

blalex620 07-20-2013 09:13 PM

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Official title announced at Comic Con.

Thoughts Opinions SOUND OFF

Ms. Marvel 07-20-2013 09:16 PM

Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

WOAH! I was totally expecting Thanos to be the villain. I guess they are saving him for Avengers 3. :D
But I'm totally excited!!

cherokeesam 07-20-2013 09:31 PM

I'd put this in the actual "Avengers 2" forum.

flickchick85 07-20-2013 10:01 PM

Yeah, it's got its own forum, new title and everything.

psylockolussus 07-20-2013 10:21 PM

I don't like the subtitle.

But its nice to know who will be the villain.

TayDee 07-20-2013 10:36 PM

The Avengers: Age Of Ultron would've been a bit better. Just Avengers 2 sounds a bit weird.

pr0xyt0xin 07-20-2013 10:37 PM

There is no "2." OP was mistaken. :P

TayDee 07-20-2013 11:04 PM

Ahh, well good then. Anyways, Holy ****ttttttttttttttttt. Who expected Ultron?

Gamma Goliath 07-20-2013 11:30 PM

I did at first but I later gave into the thanos theory lol

TayDee 07-20-2013 11:36 PM

I think most people expected Thanos. But Thanos is one of the most powerful being there is. It's better to build up to him, rather do him then Ultron.

Hypestyle 07-21-2013 12:03 AM

boo. What actor are they going to get for Ultron? In the comics/toons, he has zero expressions, just those pupil-less red eyes and the gaping wide 'mouth'. not to mention an obviously mechanical body structure, not even "synth skin" like many movie androids. So that's going to be a challenge. But hey, we'll see.

Side note: I suppose that Ultron could be responsible for the destruction of Transia, which dovetails into the inclusion of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Mr. Dent 07-21-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypestyle (Post 26416201)
Side note: I suppose that Ultron could be responsible for the destruction of Transia, which dovetails into the inclusion of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Didn't think of that...that makes a lot of sense actually. And they'd come looking for revenge against whoever created Ultron (...who I'm thinking will be Tony).

As for actor...I wouldn't be surprised if they get Vin Diesel to voice Ultron and play Vision.

Gamma Goliath 07-21-2013 01:18 AM

I hope hank pym is the creator of ultron in avengers, and maybe the antman movie serves as a prequel so to speak to the age of ultron. Idk just brain storming.

InJustice 07-21-2013 01:32 AM

Was expecting Thanos, but my god...Age of Ultron is a pleasant surprise.

blalex620 07-21-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath (Post 26417085)
I hope hank pym is the creator of ultron in avengers, and maybe the antman movie serves as a prequel so to speak to the age of ultron. Idk just brain storming.

From another thread

Quote:

In June 2007, Marvel launched a new Avengers title called The Mighty Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis and Frank Cho. In the first six issue arc, Ultron interfaces with Iron Man's armor, which Iron Man had integrated with his biology. This allows Ultron's program to transform Iron Man into a new version of Ultron, that inexplicably has the appearance of the human Wasp, albeit with a metallic skin. This version takes control of Stark's technology. He kills the Sentry's wife, causing the Sentry to battle Ultron, nearly tearing his head off. This version is eventually destroyed by new Avenger Ares, who uses a computer virus (created by the Skrull agent Criti-Noll, who at the time was impersonating Henry Pym) to wipe Ultron's program from Iron Man's armor, changing Tony Stark back to normal. Ultron's image later briefly appears on one of Pym's computers.
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokeesam
Obviously, you can leave out the Sentry and Ares and Skrulls, but the basics of the original storyline are there.

I'll tell you what *doesn't* make any sense: that Joss Whedon would kill Avengers canon outright by taking Pym off Ultron's backstory completely, and simultaneously bushwhack Edgar Wright's subsequent Ant-Man film in the process.

Pym belongs to Ultron. Ultron belongs to Pym. You and I both know that full well. No way is Joss going to throw that kind of Avengers canon down the crapper.

My response:
That actually does make a perfect starting point for an Ultron as the villain Avengers movie. It actually allows for Ultron to still have been created by Pym too. I think about it like this: The Ultron A.I. somehow get's out and goes to the most tech advanced place: Stark's lab. There it overrides one of his suits taking it and fashioning his body out of it. Then a whole bunch of other stuff ensues. There's three places to go from here. 1) They could introduce the Pym's before they become heroes. Stark could go to Hank for advice on how to stop Ultron since he built the A.I. It could only be a cameo role. 2) They could introduce the Pym's as heroes in the final battle against Ultron. 3) They could give no indication of where Ultron came from and just have the Avengers figure out a way to defeat it on their own.

Option 1 would honestly be the best, imo, because it would allow Ant-Man to delve into the repercussions of Ultron on Pym and his subsequent decision to become a hero to never let something like Ultron happen again. This would be assuming Edgar Wright is up to making Ant-Man a continuation of Avengers.

AVEITWITHJAMON 07-21-2013 10:37 AM

I had a feeling we wouldnt be getting Thanos as the villain in Avengers 2, seems they re saving him for things bigger down the line. Ultron is an interesting choice though, and one that will give them a big challenge.

Tacit Ronin 07-21-2013 11:13 AM

I'm glad they are holding off Thanos for part 3, thus in the right path to potentially avoid the third act pitfall where they bloat the enterprise due to blowing their loads on the second one. This will help them avoid a Talia and Bane situation because there won't be a Talia and Bane situation, instead the Joker situation will close out the trilogy in a logically escalated manner.

TayDee 07-21-2013 12:11 PM

I wish that Marvel had Galactus & The Silver Surfer

BlackMagicWolf 07-21-2013 01:07 PM

I honestly don't like this. I'll write a blog about it and post it here later. I was really wanting Thanos.

kedrell 07-21-2013 01:11 PM

This was the choice that made the most sense after Whedon's comments about how the sequel wouldn't try to be bigger but rather more personal and painful. Not surprised in the least. I also heartily approve.

TayDee 07-21-2013 02:02 PM

Now Joss is saying that Pym won't be in the movie.

BlackMagicWolf 07-21-2013 02:04 PM

They also confirmed that Ultron will be introduced in the movie itself. There will be no lead-up, no cameos or anything to show the pieces moving towards Avengers 2. This is one of the reasons I'm worried.

TayDee 07-21-2013 02:10 PM

Why does a robot turned evil need lead up?

BlackMagicWolf 07-21-2013 02:50 PM

Because it's Ultron. In the comics he was created by Hank Pym, he turned evil, the Avengers destroyed him, then he came back, he created the Vision to infiltrate them but then he became an Avenger, and on and on and on it goes.

This character can't just show up and proclaim it's evil. Imagine if Avengers came before Thor and Loki was still the bad guy, how would we have thought of it? Ultron has too great of a history to just try and be explained in one movie.

Human Torch 07-21-2013 02:52 PM

How the heck do you do an Ultron film without Hank & Janet?:huh: