The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=619)
-   -   The Official Superman/Batman Composer Thread (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=462153)

Gianakin_ 07-23-2013 07:37 AM

The Official Superman/Batman Composer Thread

Well, since this is now the official B&S movie subforum, I thought I'd create a thread for the composer.

Zimmer? A new guy? Themes? No themes? Discuss.

Spider-Aziz 07-23-2013 07:39 AM

Re: The [Superman and Batman] composer thread

The composer for the first Iron Man movie
It will be fun watching their team-up with music like that, or even use a different style

Gianakin_ 07-23-2013 07:42 AM

Ah, Ramin Djawadi, Zimmer's "child".

He's come a long way since his Blade: Trinity and Iron Man days. I'd welcome him.

AnneFan 07-23-2013 07:47 AM

I'd be surprised if Zimmer didn't score this, to be honest. With him on board - what would happen with the Batman side of things would be very interesting given it would be a reboot for the character.

mclay18 07-23-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnneFan (Post 26442069)
I'd be surprised if Zimmer didn't score this, to be honest. With him on board - what would happen with the Batman side of things would be very interesting given it would be a reboot for the character.

I remember Zimmer saying that Snyder told him ideas for the sequel. I can't remember exactly what Zimmer said verbatim, but he described it as crazy and wild.

I'm looking for that interview now...

Rowsdower! 07-23-2013 02:13 PM

Zimmer. It seems like a no-brainer. His work on Superman and Batman was awesome; he should be the only one to score this. I know that this is a "new" Batman but even if they want to give him new theme music, Zimmer should be the one to do it.

batman44 07-23-2013 02:17 PM

I really enjoyed the MOS soundtrack, so I certainly don't have a problem with Zimmer coming back, but if for some reason he doesn't come back I'd say John Powell, Don Davis, or Howard Shore.

mclay18 07-24-2013 12:46 AM

I think Zimmer should reuse that Batman theme he composed for BB, but then dropped for TDK and TDKR. It feels more appropriate paired up with MOS than the other TDK material.

titansupes 07-24-2013 01:16 AM

Zimmer, surely.

Will be strange to hear two versions of Batman music from the one composer, though...

Masone 07-24-2013 02:07 AM

It should definitely be Zimmer.

If not him, Steve Jablonsky.

lime 07-24-2013 07:00 AM

Hans Zimmer to return for Batman vs. Superman?

Do you want him to return?

I believe he is the best composer today, and I will love for him to come back!

DaRkVeNgeanCe 07-24-2013 07:12 AM

Re: Hans Zimmer to return for Batman vs. Superman?

I love his work for TDK trilogy and I fell in love with his MOS score as well, but how will he do Batman again but make it different, that's the question.

Monicabbm 07-24-2013 07:20 AM

I hope not.

Two-Face 07-24-2013 07:39 AM

If he does return with Batman/Superman movie then I don't see why not I love TDK Trilogy Soundtrack.

milost 07-24-2013 01:18 PM

Maybe Zimmer can finally use that "Batman theme" he claimed he created during the Dark Knight days but shelved and never used.

Zeus 07-24-2013 01:24 PM

Time to bring in Zach Hemsey...if you dont already dont know who that is, well then thats a pity.

Rorschach2012 07-24-2013 01:32 PM

hmm, I don't know if he should come back

DorneyDave 07-24-2013 02:08 PM

If he can separate himself enough from TDKT work, why not?

Green Goblin 07-24-2013 02:20 PM

He is quite busy though, he's working on The Amazing Spider-Man 2 soundtrack and I doubt he wants to be known as "the guy who does superhero soundtracks"

itsthebatman 07-24-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus (Post 26453763)
Time to bring in Zach Hemsey...if you dont already dont know who that is, well then thats a pity.

Mind Heist.

To be honest, I'd rather a new composer, much as I love his TDKT work and his overall body of work (The Thin Red Line is one of the finest scores ever, IMO). Create some distance between this franchise and the last.

That said, I've no idea who I want.

BatLobsterRises 07-24-2013 02:28 PM

The only way Zimmer won't do this is if he turns it down. He will obviously be the first person offered this job. It's a Man of Steel sequel directed by Snyder. He's not going to diss Zimmer by just hiring someone else.

shauner111 07-24-2013 02:34 PM

Id like to see Zimmer return for Superman's themes, but collaborate with another composer who can bring the new Batman theme to life. Im only down with Zimmer touching this batman reboot (in this film) if he REALLY does something different.

DaRkVeNgeanCe 07-24-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder (Post 26454217)
He is quite busy though, he's working on The Amazing Spider-Man 2 soundtrack and I doubt he wants to be known as "the guy who does superhero soundtracks"

Well it's obvious he's past that point if he's already done Batman and Superman and now he's doing Spider-man, big paychecks are big paychecks.

BatLobsterRises 07-24-2013 03:18 PM

It makes no difference either that he's scoring Spider-Man, he was already coming back for the Man of Steel sequel, he even said he was looking forward to further developing those themes. The Man of Steel sequel simply has another high profile character in it now.

Happy Jack 07-24-2013 06:08 PM

I hope he doesn't but most likely he will. He has tenure with this Superman franchise and, well, the man has just been extra busy of late. It will be very strange to hear him take on a different Batman and how he differentiates between this version and Nolan's, if he even does.