The SuperHeroHype Forums

The SuperHeroHype Forums (http://forums.superherohype.com/index.php)
-   Superman Sequels (http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=315)
-   -   Return of Zod (http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=462297)

Mach2Infinity 07-25-2013 08:48 AM

Return of Zod

Yes I have seen the film :cwink:. If I remember correctly, the codex was absorbed into Superman's blood and one of the kryptonians managed to extract it and thus the codex, right? In that case, could a General Zod clone be created and thus allow a return of the character? I understand why he was killed as to explain why Superman has such an aversion to killing but I think it would be a shame for him not to return.

SuperFerret 07-25-2013 09:03 AM

Re: Return of Zod

I think it'd be a shame for him to return.

Mach2Infinity 07-25-2013 09:12 AM

Shame? You mean it would undercut his death scene?

SuperFerret 07-25-2013 09:37 AM

I mean it would be stupid and pointless and time-wasting.

Green Goblin 07-25-2013 07:10 PM

Dude they snapped his neck, he's dead LOL

DigificWriter 07-25-2013 11:31 PM

[Doctor McCoy Voice]He's dead, Jim.[/Doctor McCoy Voice]

Faora isn't, though, and I could definitely see her and a few other of Zod's soldiers being brought back at some point to menace Earth and Clark a second time.

hopeless 03-25-2014 10:14 AM

Let me get this straight, Kal-El snapped the neck of a kryptonian whose body remained in full view of yellow solar radiation or whatever grants their people powers on Earth and you think he's actually dead?

Remember unless they show Kal-El personally sending that body into the heart of the sun, he isn't dead especially not as long as Lex Luthor has anything to say about it!

It wouldn't be the first time he messed up ressurrecting someone after all!

Senator Pleasury 03-25-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Goblin (Post 26466747)
Dude they snapped his neck, he's dead LOL

Yeah but the genetic code is in Kal-el, that's what the thread opener is suggesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopeless (Post 28286297)
Let me get this straight, Kal-El snapped the neck of a kryptonian whose body remained in full view of yellow solar radiation or whatever grants their people powers on Earth and you think he's actually dead?

Remember unless they show Kal-El personally sending that body into the heart of the sun, he isn't dead especially not as long as Lex Luthor has anything to say about it!

It wouldn't be the first time he messed up ressurrecting someone after all!

Yeah, this brings me back to the times where Ra's al Ghul, Harvey Dent and Dr. Octopus weren't actually dead. But yes, they were and so is Zod.

Blitzkrieg Bop 03-25-2014 12:26 PM

A waste to bring him back. They still haven't done or announced a new villain post-Donner, so why use him again in place of someone much more deserving?

Lord 03-25-2014 12:43 PM

Why kill Zod only to bring him back again? Aren't there other Superman villain more worth the effort of bringing to the big screen?

Jochimus 03-28-2014 07:27 PM

Heck, just have Faora escape the Phantom Zone/re-emerge, and reveal that she and Zod had gotten married during their voyage through space. Boom, new General Zod.

...granted, I'd really rather they DIDN'T do that, but if we're so bloody desperate to have Zod back, that would at least prevent them from actually resurrecting him and thus undermine having killed him in the first place.